Considering a marriage!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hey, friends!  I am 25 years old. I am totally broken. I was in a serious relationship for around 5 years. He was beside me during all my difficult situation. He has helped me a lot financially and was also a moral support. He had never proposed me. He says he cannot consider me as his partner. To him, I’m just a good friend or maybe a sister. I thought of even ending up my life. But I have no courage to do that either. I tried everything to divert my mind like gardening, music and stuff like that. It has helped me to some extent. Now I am considering a marriage. My friend suggested a dating service in Toronto. She says that dating services provides counselling session and coaching and consulting throughout the process. What is your opinion? Any previous experiences?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved, My Opinion

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
Psalms 116:12-13

Does Not Matter

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalms 139:23-24

Praying~!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Forgon said:

Hey, friends!  I am 25 years old. I am totally broken. I was in a serious relationship for around 5 years. He was beside me during all my difficult situation. He has helped me a lot financially and was also a moral support. He had never proposed me. He says he cannot consider me as his partner. To him, I’m just a good friend or maybe a sister. I thought of even ending up my life. But I have no courage to do that either. I tried everything to divert my mind like gardening, music and stuff like that. It has helped me to some extent. Now I am considering a marriage. My friend suggested a dating service in Toronto. She says that dating services provides counselling session and coaching and consulting throughout the process. What is your opinion? Any previous experiences?

This is a time to find out what God wants you to do.  That is the ONLY way you will be happy.  Maybe He wants you to spend time just with Him for I while.  Know one can tell you what is between you and God....but I will tell you what happened to me.  After a very serious breakup, I felt dejected and betrayed.  I felt unloved and unworthy of love.  I tried dating some and it was awful!  I finally submitted to God and prayed...He let me know He wanted me to spend time with Him, getting to know Him better.  I took this to heart and did not pursue other relationships.  One day, our of the blue, this thought came into my mind...a still, quiet voice that said..I am preparing someone for you in the same way I am preparing you for them.  Oh, the light I felt in my heart...............A few months later I met my now husband...and he is wonderful.  Been married 14 years..and each day is better than the last.  Just pray and listen for God...this is the only way you will be happy in life.  I am praying for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I do not think any man is worth ending your life.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

10 hours ago, Forgon said:

Well, I'm a guy so it might be different.....    I found my wife at the Dariy Queen......   went up to get a good hit fudge sunday and there she was....   Took me a while to ask her out for I was terrified she'd say no....    We've been married for 45 years now and nearly 46.

So from my experience I guess you should go stand in line at the Dairy Queen till your dream guy comes along....    God will send him...

• Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.64
  • Days Won:  2

29 minutes ago, other one said:

Well, I'm a guy so it might be different.....    I found my wife at the Dariy Queen......   went up to get a good hit fudge sunday and there she was....   Took me a while to ask her out for I was terrified she'd say no....    We've been married for 45 years now and nearly 46.

So from my experience I guess you should go stand in line at the Dairy Queen till your dream guy comes along....    God will send him...

:emot-heartbeat: Blessings to you both, OO.  

Marriages like that are getting harder and harder to find these days.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, C_Beth said:

:emot-heartbeat: Blessings to you both, OO.  

Marriages like that are getting harder and harder to find these days.

There were 4 couples of us who went to college together....    All 4 couples married the same year 1970 and we all had two kids.....   girl then a boy...  all became Christians after we were married and as of today all are still married and as far as I know love each other dearly.    We go to church and are still very close with one of the couples and visit with the others on occasions.....

Altogether I would say it is quite remarkable..

• Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.64

10 hours ago, other one said:

There were 4 couples of us who went to college together....    All 4 couples married the same year 1970 and we all had two kids.....   girl then a boy...  all became Christians after we were married and as of today all are still married and as far as I know love each other dearly.    We go to church and are still very close with one of the couples and visit with the others on occasions.....

Altogether I would say it is quite remarkable..

That's awesome, and yes, quite remarkable.  Of course, God's plans always are!  :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Praying. First you need to work on loving yourself. Then you can love others. I know its really hard. The dating scene is rough and there are plenty of men out there that are not sincere (and women too for that matter) but just pray and trust God and He will send you the perfect partner for you. God bless.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 3/7/2016 at 3:22 PM, other one said:

Nothing like finding the right one is there other one?  I was 30 when I met and married Steve, we had 25 wonderful years together.  Yes waiting until the right one comes along is so worth it.