• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/01/1975

First of all, I have to agree that NO MAN IS WORTH EVEN THINKING OF ENDING YOUR LIFE OVER! Being single and 40 is not the story I would have wrote for my life. Hopefully, God does bring my future husband into my life. Rejection hurts deeply. I wish I could tell you I have never experienced a breakup but I have and each time I get down on myself and question will I never find the right guy. Please email me anytime and talk to God, he does care. Welcome to worthy and come here as often as you need for support:)

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/11/1995

It's hard going through breakups. You're young! It's cliche but bitstrip that God really does have a plan for you. He know what he's doing in your life whether or not you can see that. I say trying new things when it comes to dating can't hurt but I do hope you are in it for the right reasons! Don't look for a new relationship as a way to fill the void the last one left or as a distraction! 

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Marriage is a covenant. Don't get married just to be married.  It is to be handled with much respect and unconditional love. No one is perfect and mistakes will be made.  You will learn a lot about forgiveness.  As stated I was married 25 years.  But like all married couples we had our tiffs.  We never argued or fought.  Don't worry you will know when the right comes along.  I met my husband on January 28th and we were married on June 4th in 1983.  Just a little over four months but we knew that we knew it was the right one.  As I said waiting for that one God has for you is so worth.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

If you wanted to kill yourself over a breakup with someone, then it's very likely you aren't ready to go into another relationship. Focus on being who God calls you to be and pray for His will and trust He will bring the right person and the right time.

Personally, I wouldn't want to use a dating service, but I also don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with a Christian one... just realize it doesn't guarantee who you will meet someone who is a follower of Christ.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Hi Forgone.  How long has it been since your relationship ended?  If your relationship has ended recently it is a good idea to spend sometime being single.  It's good to have time to get over the other person fully, work on building your self esteem back up, rediscover interests/hobbies that you like that you may have dropped while in a relationship.  Spend time catching up with family and friends more and volunteering somewhere if you have the time.  If you are feeling lonely why not get a Bible and read the New Testament and fill yourself up with Jesus's words.  

When you do meet someone new, remember to be yourself and not a fake you.  You want to end up with a partner and (hopefully) husband one day who loves you just the way you are. 

Edited by Lavender

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

From reading what you have wrote, and I can only go by that because I do not know your personally. It sounds like you are looking for things to make you happy. So you now think that getting married is going to make you happy. My only advice is meet someone, take time to get to know each other, then see if getting married is the next step.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,135
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Forgon

I do not really know how to answer you because I do not have enough information to give you the appropriate response,I suppose it is probably very much the same in any case,,,,,,,You have not mentioned if you are a Christian & from experience I have learned that many new members post in the "Seekers Lounge" simply because they do not yet have access to post in a Proper Forum,they are not Seekers or Unbelievers (sent you a PM with some helpful info)

Lets say you are a Christian? Well,you are not receiving the beautiful Blessings & Fulfillment that God has for you,,,,,,,this is a good indication that you may be undernourished spiritually because there is not a single person(relationship) that can ever complete you & make you whole,,,,,,that is only something Jesus can do,,,,,,,

Gardening,music,hobbies & doing things to keep yourself busy or your mind occupied is a temporary solution for a permanent problem.So is drugs,alcohol & even suicide,,,,,,,,,,,,In the very temporal world we live in we are taught that 2 haves make a whole,,,,,,that is not the case in Gods Kingdom,,,,,,,,He puts one complete person together with another complete person & they become ONE in Him....A person that is not complete with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit will never be complete by8 any human being,you are searching for the wrong thing.........

The lonliness,despair & incompleteness you feel is allowed by God because He is drawing you unto Himself(Christian or non-Christian),,,,,Ask G od to change the desires of your heart & to place in you what is lacking,,,,,,,,,,,the desire to be with our First Love,God Almighty,,,,through Jesus we are reconciled back to the ONE Who First Loved us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am pointing you to the Foot of the Cross,if you are a Christian then seek God in His Word & a closer ,more intimate relationship with Him,,,,,,,if you are an unbeliever,ask Jesus into your repentant heart & accept Him as your Lord & Savior

I encourage you to pray,you can rum to dating sites,look for a husband,take up a hobby & do many many things that are all temporary fixes that will bring you back to the same lonely place you are now in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my prayers are with you my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I suggest you read the book of John(New Testament) & see how Loved you truly are,,,,,,it is a personal love letter to YOU from GOD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 06/03/2016 at 4:08 AM, Forgon said:

My friend suggested a dating service in Toronto. She says that dating services provides counselling session and coaching and consulting throughout the process. What is your opinion?

It can be very painful to be betrayed by someone you love.  But God can give you the strength and grace to overcome that and move on.  If you are a Christian and dating services are secular, you already have a problem.  Talk to some mature and wise Christians that you know personally and care about you.  Talk to the Lord about a Christian spouse coming into your life.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Forgon,

It may not seem that relevant to you, these questions I am about to ask, but they really do affect how your questions should be answered. I'll give you some time to reply, because I do not know how frequently you read these forums or check here to see if others have offered any advice. I can see the only other post you made here, was on the same days you asked this questions, and I can see that you logged in here as recently as March 16th. If you respond to this, then I will know you are still interested in answers and I will participate, otherwise I am going to consider that you have everything sorted our to you satisfaction, and have moved on and I can hide or delete this thread. Okay, my questions:

How are you now, how are you doing?

Who do you think Jesus is, and what has things he has said or done, meant to you and your life? How important is He and why, or, is He important at all?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 7 March 2016 at 10:08 PM, Forgon said:

Hey, friends!  I am 25 years old. I am totally broken. I was in a serious relationship for around 5 years. He was beside me during all my difficult situation. He has helped me a lot financially and was also a moral support. He had never proposed me. He says he cannot consider me as his partner. To him, I’m just a good friend or maybe a sister. I thought of even ending up my life. But I have no courage to do that either. I tried everything to divert my mind like gardening, music and stuff like that. It has helped me to some extent. Now I am considering a marriage. My friend suggested a dating service in Toronto. She says that dating services provides counselling session and coaching and consulting throughout the process. What is your opinion? Any previous experiences?

Going to dating service will bring you more adversity. You need to control your mind and build inner peace. As Christian the only way I overcame the obstacles is through prayers and lord guided me to the right direction in every way.