IGNORED

What liberty we have to Sin against God, what is not allowed.

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,675
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, JTC said:

We all mess up and commit sins but to think we have liberty to do so is wrong.

Hi JTC.. Amen!..

The enemy is out to consume Christians!  ... Gal 5:24 " And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires."

God bless

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  03/08/1973

On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Leonardo Von said:

On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Leonardo Von said:

The main thing is to submit to Jesus Christ. It is no good that we fight against sin if we do not have a deep and sincere desire to please Jesus Christ, if we have no pleasure in His company.

Hello!

Honestly - i do not understand, what you mean under "if we do not have a deep and sincere desire to please Jesus Christ, if we have no pleasure in His company."

did you read all post?  it was because of Jesus, i did cry 7 years, and did everything to stop sinning. because, i dont want to be hypocrite.

i may add just, that i was set free from that sin.  it was powerful moment and my friends were witnesses of it. 

18 years of my life i did study, what means live without sin, how can it happen and what means

"if you sin, you are slave of sin"
"I did come to free slaves"
"do not sin anymore"

all those 3 points, i did get tens of lessons, practice and proofs, that i do understand it right. that means - what i know, works always and every day.

"no pleasure of Jesus's company?"

... how can i comment that? 

i think there is misunderstanding.

maybe my english is just too bad... i do enjoy every minute with Jesus, talking with Him, seeing Him sometimes (mostly in my visions).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Nor do I understand what you mean.  No true believer in Jesus has the liberty to sin, we shouldn't even want to.  Our first and foremost desire should be to serve God and follow Him.

1 minute ago, RustyAngeL said:

Nor do I understand what you mean.  No true believer in Jesus has the liberty to sin, we shouldn't even want to.  Our first and foremost desire should be to serve God and follow Him.

mmm...? i say  - we can and should live without sin, just HOW - it was my 18 years study. 

what we can do

when Jesus free us and how

and so on...

hope its more clear now.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

12 hours ago, Eha said:

mmm...? i say  - we can and should live without sin, just HOW - it was my 18 years study. 

what we can do

when Jesus free us and how

and so on...

hope its more clear now.

Hi,

I guess this is an old thread brought back to some life. It seems to me the question was answered, actually asked and answered, many hundreds of years ago when Paul wrote the church at Rome. What we now call Romans  chapters 6 and 7 pretty much cover the subject.

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

I guess this is an old thread brought back to some life. It seems to me the question was answered, actually asked and answered, many hundreds of years ago when Paul wrote the church at Rome. What we now call Romans  chapters 6 and 7 pretty much cover the subject.

it is. but if honestly, i didnt understand nothing in Paul's letters. when Father told me "truth will set you free", i had many questions, like
how?
when?
who?
why?
and so on.

what i love, its, when Father starts to reveal truth. He brings examples from my life. He quotes verses from Bible and put them together, that i could see whole picture. more of that, Father always (ALWAYS) lead me through step by step, explaining very detailed, how and what to do, and even when.

if you see that in the chapter of 6 and 7, you must have gifted with a lot of wisdom. i could understand Paul only when i did went through, what he is talking about and even then - AFTER Father "translate" he's words to me with examples and quotes... 

only good news is, that im not only one, who couldn't understand Paul so easily:)

2Peter 3:15 
And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, 16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 3/7/2016 at 4:18 PM, FresnoJoe said:

:emot-heartbeat:

Amen~!

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

What a timely affirmation in a time when the church is being assailed by the enemy that would think some who are in faith are not in Christ. Wonderful posting brother.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

12 hours ago, Eha said:

it is. but if honestly, i didnt understand nothing in Paul's letters. when Father told me "truth will set you free", i had many questions, like
how?
when?
who?
why?
and so on.

what i love, its, when Father starts to reveal truth. He brings examples from my life. He quotes verses from Bible and put them together, that i could see whole picture. more of that, Father always (ALWAYS) lead me through step by step, explaining very detailed, how and what to do, and even when.

if you see that in the chapter of 6 and 7, you must have gifted with a lot of wisdom. i could understand Paul only when i did went through, what he is talking about and even then - AFTER Father "translate" he's words to me with examples and quotes... 

only good news is, that im not only one, who couldn't understand Paul so easily:)

2Peter 3:15 
And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, 16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

Hi, I suspect it is the God inspired words of His servant Paul that is the Biblical basis for your scenario of how you learn. If I understand what you declare, it is Romans that declares it. Romans 8:26 that may confirm it.

BUT to be without study of Paul leaves us without much  of the New testament.- of course the Bible Jesus read had none of it so....

Paul, having been  the greatest of the Pharisees  and the chief prosecutor of Jesus, was indeed well educated in the Bible Jesus read, that which we call the Old Testament. All that he declared, even as he spoke as apostle to the gentiles, was laced with his unique vantage and also his advantage in being that high scholar.

Fullest comprehension  of what He is declaring via God's Holy Spirit leading him, requires at least some study of the Old Testament and  some attempt at learning the cultural history  of the times and peoples he was addressing. Guess that is why we have pastors and expositors that do have the time to make the study most of us cannot, for lack of time if not lack of personal ability. We lean on someone that has that knowledge and the lead of the Holy Spirit as we groan incomprehesible prayer.

It is Paul within his letter to the church at Rome that declared and verifies the sufficiency of relying upon God the Holy Spirit, even as we do not understand: "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.  And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.  And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.  For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.  And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified." -Excerpt from Romans 8

Praise the Lord by whom comes salvation.

Edited by Neighbor