• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,214
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

Hello Brother,this has happened to me many times...And the Word seems to always bring relief...im going to put up one verse but its only an example...try and get in a quiet place and read it when you can..This is a older thread but just in case im going to Pray after i send this.God Bless

Psa_103:12  As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 3/13/2016 at 4:51 PM, oliverruthie92 said:

Hi, 

My name is Oliver and I am from London. I decided to put my faith in God and accept Jesus Christ as my personal savoir a few years ago. If I'm honest, I've been a bit up and down and I have a past with drugs and drinking, womanising ect. I am now a new father to a 4 month old beautiful little boy and I am engaged to be married to my fiance (I done it the wrong way round but I determined to be married to make things right with God). I have had a past just like everyone else and I am scared because I am a father now and I am going to be a husband. I suffer with mental health problems and my anxiety is really bad at the moment. I haven't got anywhere to live as my fiance and my son are living in a hostal away from me. I feel like my life shouldn't be like this, I have put my trust is God, litterally every ounce of trust I have, I have given him my life to God for him to do whatever he wishes. I am driving myself mad trying to find an answer as to how to change my life for the greater good like I have been doing and how to stop feeling like this. 

I just want to be happy and live with my family, I want to have peace inside of me I want to be able to stop being worried and paranoid. I want anything bad I have done in my past to just be destroyed. 

I am not the person I used to be! I love God, my son and my fiancé unconditionally. But I'm scared, people keep popping up from my past, odd things keep happening. I have thought about taking my own life every day for the past 3 weeks which is not good because I have a beautiful little boy who is depending on me and a fiancé. I feel like I'm going crazy. I spend hours on the internet daily trying to find out how God can protect me and my family, how he will destroy my past and make sure it doesn't come into the future, how he will allow me to make something of my life, I pray every single day about 3 times a day if not more, I read my bible, I go to church, I have missed a couple of Sundays but I go to church, I am persecuted for my faith in God but I will never, ever turn my back on God. There are so many mixed views from Christians on the internet about God's protection and unfailing love and how he can make my life great again. It confuses me, some of the things I have read hasn't really made me feel good. I am back on my medication again to help my anxiety. 

If I am honest, I would like help, I need to know if God has made sure the things I have done in my past are gone a buried and will he protect me and my family and allow me to make something of my life? 

Please help me to understand this? 

Thank you very much 

Your loving brother 

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Old things pass away and behold all things become new.  

You said your "trying" to find an answer and to turn your life around.  I would suggest you stop trying and just "Be still and know that He is God"  God knows everything, there is nothing hidden from Him.  You are driving yourself mad as you put it trying to figure out everything for yourself.  That is not the way.  The Holy Spirit speaks is a still small voice and it is you that has to slow down enough to listen.  When you are in the state you are in now your anxious soul drowns out His voice and you cannot yield to His will.   His plan is so much better then what you can come up with.  Stop, slow down and just rest in His perfect peace.  It will all come together in His Time and always for your good.   Keep your eye on the prize.       

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Brother -

Two things:

[1]  Paul said this in Philippians 3 (verses 13-14) - "Brothers, I count not myself to have apprehended (fully arrived): but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

Did you watch any of the Rio Olympics in the past weeks?  If so, did you watch any of the runners?  When they are almost at the finish line, they stretch their upper bodies toward that "mark".  Stretch yourself - spiritually speaking - toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.  Those runners don't think of their first steps, their 50th step, or their next to last step.  The only step they are focused on is the NEXT step that gets them closer to that mark.

[2]  Jesus said this in Luke 9:62 - " No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”

When one is plowing, whether he wants straight rows for increased surface area of new crops or "bent" rows or terrace farming to reduce erosion, he has to keep his eyes forward and straight ahead.  In fact, he has to keep his eyes fixed on something beyond the mule (or tractor) to know what consistent pattern his rows will make.

If a farmer, either with a mule or a tractor, kept looking behind him while plowing, his rows would be a hot mess.

Same with following Jesus. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, RustyAngeL said:

Hi Oliver,

Old things pass away and behold all things become new.

You said your "trying" to find an answer and to turn your life around.  I would suggest you stop trying and just "Be still and know that He is God"  God knows everything, there is nothing hidden from Him.  You are driving yourself mad as you put it trying to figure out everything for yourself.  That is not the way.  The Holy Spirit speaks is a still small voice and it is you that has to slow down enough to listen.  When you are in the state you are in now your anxious soul drowns out His voice and you cannot yield to His will.   His plan is so much better then what you can come up with.  Stop, slow down and just rest in His perfect peace.  It will all come together in His Time and always for your good.   Keep your eye on the prize.     

Blessings, RustyAngeL

Amen, he is like Peter, he stepped out of the boat....here is the GOOD NEWS, from here on in you can't fail, you have done the necessary bit, it may get awful messy for a while, Peter had to shriek "Lord save, I perish" and he launched himself at Jesus.....but Jesus did save

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 4:51 PM, oliverruthie92 said:

Hi, 

My name is Oliver and I am from London. I decided to put my faith in God and accept Jesus Christ as my personal savoir a few years ago. If I'm honest, I've been a bit up and down and I have a past with drugs and drinking, womanising ect. I am now a new father to a 4 month old beautiful little boy and I am engaged to be married to my fiance (I done it the wrong way round but I determined to be married to make things right with God). I have had a past just like everyone else and I am scared because I am a father now and I am going to be a husband. I suffer with mental health problems and my anxiety is really bad at the moment. I haven't got anywhere to live as my fiance and my son are living in a hostal away from me. I feel like my life shouldn't be like this, I have put my trust is God, litterally every ounce of trust I have, I have given him my life to God for him to do whatever he wishes. I am driving myself mad trying to find an answer as to how to change my life for the greater good like I have been doing and how to stop feeling like this. 

I just want to be happy and live with my family, I want to have peace inside of me I want to be able to stop being worried and paranoid. I want anything bad I have done in my past to just be destroyed. 

I am not the person I used to be! I love God, my son and my fiancé unconditionally. But I'm scared, people keep popping up from my past, odd things keep happening. I have thought about taking my own life every day for the past 3 weeks which is not good because I have a beautiful little boy who is depending on me and a fiancé. I feel like I'm going crazy. I spend hours on the internet daily trying to find out how God can protect me and my family, how he will destroy my past and make sure it doesn't come into the future, how he will allow me to make something of my life, I pray every single day about 3 times a day if not more, I read my bible, I go to church, I have missed a couple of Sundays but I go to church, I am persecuted for my faith in God but I will never, ever turn my back on God. There are so many mixed views from Christians on the internet about God's protection and unfailing love and how he can make my life great again. It confuses me, some of the things I have read hasn't really made me feel good. I am back on my medication again to help my anxiety. 

If I am honest, I would like help, I need to know if God has made sure the things I have done in my past are gone a buried and will he protect me and my family and allow me to make something of my life? 

Please help me to understand this? 

Thank you very much 

Your loving brother 

Oliver

In all of life God wants to reason with us through His Word.... in the situation you are in it is one of satan's leading that got you there to destroy you.... God has awakened you from the dead to serve Him! It will be warfare and difficult as you must fight to get back on the right path for His glory and purpose to be done.... So many today in the instant hamburger world don't want to go through the tough stuff to get back to right -so- they try to short cut things and resort to their own power to bring things about! One day at a time with The Lord is precept upon precept and line upon line we grow and do... Prayed... Love, Steven