• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, 

My name is Oliver and I am from London. I decided to put my faith in God and accept Jesus Christ as my personal savoir a few years ago. If I'm honest, I've been a bit up and down and I have a past with drugs and drinking, womanising ect. I am now a new father to a 4 month old beautiful little boy and I am engaged to be married to my fiance (I done it the wrong way round but I determined to be married to make things right with God). I have had a past just like everyone else and I am scared because I am a father now and I am going to be a husband. I suffer with mental health problems and my anxiety is really bad at the moment. I haven't got anywhere to live as my fiance and my son are living in a hostal away from me. I feel like my life shouldn't be like this, I have put my trust is God, litterally every ounce of trust I have, I have given him my life to God for him to do whatever he wishes. I am driving myself mad trying to find an answer as to how to change my life for the greater good like I have been doing and how to stop feeling like this. 

I just want to be happy and live with my family, I want to have peace inside of me I want to be able to stop being worried and paranoid. I want anything bad I have done in my past to just be destroyed. 

I am not the person I used to be! I love God, my son and my fiancé unconditionally. But I'm scared, people keep popping up from my past, odd things keep happening. I have thought about taking my own life every day for the past 3 weeks which is not good because I have a beautiful little boy who is depending on me and a fiancé. I feel like I'm going crazy. I spend hours on the internet daily trying to find out how God can protect me and my family, how he will destroy my past and make sure it doesn't come into the future, how he will allow me to make something of my life, I pray every single day about 3 times a day if not more, I read my bible, I go to church, I have missed a couple of Sundays but I go to church, I am persecuted for my faith in God but I will never, ever turn my back on God. There are so many mixed views from Christians on the internet about God's protection and unfailing love and how he can make my life great again. It confuses me, some of the things I have read hasn't really made me feel good. I am back on my medication again to help my anxiety. 

If I am honest, I would like help, I need to know if God has made sure the things I have done in my past are gone a buried and will he protect me and my family and allow me to make something of my life? 

Please help me to understand this? 

Thank you very much 

Your loving brother 

Oliver

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Welcome Olivier,

I'm sure you will find lots of people who love to talk to you ,did you see there is a chat also?

God is good and you can trust Him with your life!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  03/08/1973

Oliver, i was in that situation. scared that my past will affect on my family. depression, wish to die, pecause no peace inside me. only one i did want - just peace and that my family could be happy. didnt get any relief for my heart. 
what can i say, after i knew some of about Father, if you already are father, then get married is one thing Father really like you to do

Psalm 33:5 He loves righteousness and justice; 

depression come from lack of knowledge and from lack of knowledge comes entrust.
thats why you feel depression and anxiety.

study Bible. if you (like it was for me) feel, while reading/study Bible, that almost everything you read, blames you, make you feel guilty - its ok, IT WILL END. it is cleaning process. 
Jesus did go it through. i did rebel against it (isnt pleasure to feel yourself most corrupted, unworthy and useless, right?). but then i did give up. just start seek answers, what to do with that, that hurt me most - myself. i start study what is "right and just" and how to do it. simple saying - i just start follow Jesus literally, how He teach, those things i did understand then and i could do. it did bring some relief. but honestly, until you are in cleaning, it wont end, just some days are better some not. trust make you feel less depressed. Father want you suffer less, that i know for sure. so, if you feel bad - seek answers. study Bible by yourself, to FASTEN that process.

1  Peter 4-1 
Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh,[a] arm yourselves with the same way of thinking, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
1 Peter 4-12-13
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.
But rejoice (1) insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed (2).

(1 - i could just cry)
(2 - i thought that will happen in heaven, but no, it will happen on earth. and rejoice is correct word, when that day comes :) )

now about protect your family.

Psalm 32:10

Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the Lord.

just think now, what you are ready to do, to protect yours child, that you love? Father will do much more :) 

dont live in fear "what if.." NEVER. if that "if" happens, He will lead you out. He will find a way, if you didnt recognize He's voice yet.
that is also matter of trust - 

Psalm 23:4

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

what its about? until you seek Father's Kingdom (what is just and what is right, Who He Is, What Jesus did teach ) you have nothing to worry about, but just seek answers and do the best you already can and know. then, you dont need to fear no evil.

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.  :emot-heartbeat:

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,184
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Oliverruthie92,

Welcome bro. Glad to hear you have turned to the Lord for help.

Now do you know that when people are drowning & some one is trying to help them, the drowning person actually keeps thrashing around making it difficult for the person trying to save them to actually help them. So often the rescuer has to wait for the person to get tired of thrashing or maybe they will actually knock them out. Then they can be brought safely to shore.

Do you see the picture I am trying to give you. Often we are so busy thrashing around, looking here & there, telling ourselves why doesn`t God do this & that, or I am in such great trouble....My thoughts are - quiet your mind, settle down in your spirit & begin to really trust God. Give Him time to show you the way through your difficulties. You, like all of us sometimes want everything to be sorted out yesterday. :D 

Be patient, trust, walk a step at a time being thankful for what the Lord has already done in your life.

BTW congrats on the beautiful baby boy. (I`m sure he is gorgeous.)

Marilyn.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.  Jeremiah 29:11  This verse is very special to me because God led me to it during a hard time in my life.  Remember, just as your body needs food for nourishment....your spirit needs spiritual food to thrive and grow...and to find comfort. This comes from reading God's Word.  Pray before you read the Bible, and ask that He guides you as you read.  You have reached out to our only hope, Jesus Christ.   In doing this you are already blessed... 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thank you very much for all of your kind words! you have made it all so much clearer as to what I need to do! May God bless you and all of your families. 

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, oliverruthie92 said:

Thank you very much for all of your kind words! you have made it all so much clearer as to what I need to do! May God bless you and all of your families. 

2 hours ago, oliverruthie92 said:

Remember Jesus is always very close to you and when you call Him He will hear and answer you!

Stay close to the One who cares for you and your family~~

• 4 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1989

On March 13, 2016 at 4:51 PM, oliverruthie92 said:

Hi, 

My name is Oliver and I am from London. I decided to put my faith in God and accept Jesus Christ as my personal savoir a few years ago. If I'm honest, I've been a bit up and down and I have a past with drugs and drinking, womanising ect. I am now a new father to a 4 month old beautiful little boy and I am engaged to be married to my fiance (I done it the wrong way round but I determined to be married to make things right with God). I have had a past just like everyone else and I am scared because I am a father now and I am going to be a husband. I suffer with mental health problems and my anxiety is really bad at the moment. I haven't got anywhere to live as my fiance and my son are living in a hostal away from me. I feel like my life shouldn't be like this, I have put my trust is God, litterally every ounce of trust I have, I have given him my life to God for him to do whatever he wishes. I am driving myself mad trying to find an answer as to how to change my life for the greater good like I have been doing and how to stop feeling like this. 

I just want to be happy and live with my family, I want to have peace inside of me I want to be able to stop being worried and paranoid. I want anything bad I have done in my past to just be destroyed. 

I am not the person I used to be! I love God, my son and my fiancé unconditionally. But I'm scared, people keep popping up from my past, odd things keep happening. I have thought about taking my own life every day for the past 3 weeks which is not good because I have a beautiful little boy who is depending on me and a fiancé. I feel like I'm going crazy. I spend hours on the internet daily trying to find out how God can protect me and my family, how he will destroy my past and make sure it doesn't come into the future, how he will allow me to make something of my life, I pray every single day about 3 times a day if not more, I read my bible, I go to church, I have missed a couple of Sundays but I go to church, I am persecuted for my faith in God but I will never, ever turn my back on God. There are so many mixed views from Christians on the internet about God's protection and unfailing love and how he can make my life great again. It confuses me, some of the things I have read hasn't really made me feel good. I am back on my medication again to help my anxiety. 

If I am honest, I would like help, I need to know if God has made sure the things I have done in my past are gone a buried and will he protect me and my family and allow me to make something of my life? 

Please help me to understand this? 

Thank you very much 

Your loving brother 

Oliver

The best way to find liberty is to tell your fiancé how you feel. Let her know your struggle black and white. You MUST tell her your weakness because you will hurt her later when or if you fall. Start now. She needs to know you to help you. If she loves you she will not shame you. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Praying~!

~

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalms 139:23-24

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Oliver....

Welcome to Worthy,glad to meet you .....Praise Jesus,He has lead you to the right place,His Blessed Place to join the rest of your Family,Brother

In the Seekers Lounge the replies take time because they require moderator approval as it ios reserved for guests & unbelievers......we will have to see about moving it so that you can get the most responses & lot's of encouragement & support

Oliver,no matter where you & your family are presently staying you can all have Peace,Joy & Comfort....sometimes our carnal minds are just focused on the temporal,less important things & believe it or not(where we live is only a temporary circumstance) Trust in the Lord,He is not a God of circumstance,He is with us & helps us THROUGH circumstance and many times those temporary circumstances are the opportunities to give God Glory as Living Testimonies of FAITH.....the world looks carefully at us Christians,it is easy to Praise & rejoice in good times ,that does not speak as loudly as the Christian who Praises,Rejoices & gives thanks to God in the lean times,that speaks volumes    The Word of God tells us to ne anxious for NOTHING,He tells us also that we arte not given a spirit of fear but of a SOUND MIND,do not listen to mans FACTS,hear Gods Truth  & TRUST HIM......pick up your Authority in Christ & speak LIFE,discover WHO you ARE "In CHRIST JESUS".....

With love-in Christ,Kwik