• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Father,

I choose to cloth myself in humility and to receive Your grace as I humble myself before Your mighty hand....Amen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

43 minutes ago, 7Dove77 said:

Father,

I choose to cloth myself in humility and to receive Your grace as I humble myself before Your mighty hand....Amen

Prayer is certainly a good place to exercise your humility before God and is a great start.

To exercise our humility further we have to practice it before others.

Moses was a meek man and some would say that he was weak because of it.  But it is quiet the opposite as meekness or humility is nothing more than having power under control.  This is seen by the words we speak and the way we treat and react to others in any given situation that arises before God and man.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

It is humbling to receive help from others, as well as from God.  It is humbling to admit we need help.  After an auto accident in which I had a crushed foot and a frozen shoulder, I was reduced to crawling for 3 months on raw and bleeding knees.  There were stairs to the bathroom so I had a commode in the living room!  How disgusting.  Friends who were out of work volunteered to come and help clean a little, fix me a sandwich and some dinner for later, and empty my commode.  It was the most humiliating experience.  It is one thing for professionals to do these things but friends?  They were truly being servants.  

To be saved we must admit that we are helpless and totally lost.  We must receive God's loving grace.  He accepts us in our filthy state and starts cleaning and helping us.  He provides our needs and comforts us.  

God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

As we receive Christ in our lives,at times we have accounts when we need to be humble.....(I cry as I speak ,sharing this)..

I know this ,so well,I live it daily.....In 07,I occurred a fall at my job,were I worked with Autism kids for many yrs.My passion are children.I was strong and great health,I still am in great health,but my strength limits me,because I had surgry in 2014,now have pins /rods,in my lumber,Since this had happened,Ive had to rely on so many people,It was to the point that I couldn't walk,never went in the store and just sat in the car.Couldnt push my food cart....needed so much help,,I asked God ,why,?...Even though I couldn't see ahead,I still trusted him.Because he took something aweful and made it good.Taught me great or small,,Go to God for EVERYTHING....I can walk 2 miles now,and more daily,some things are still limited,But I give god all the Glory.....to this day,I still have tears when I walk,knowing,because His love for me,he made a way............It changed my living conditions,income,but for what ever reason,,He has a plan for me,He didn't bring me this far,to see me FAIL...So,Im very humble taking peoples help,because ,Gods using them to be a blessing to us,and who are we to be the ones denying others to bless us............................................John 7;38)-He who believes in Me,as the scripture said,from his inner most being shall flow rivers of living water..Amen.

This verse kept me going ,forward,,,,,we are are nothing,without Jesus Christ,,And I receive this with open arms..