• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

7 hours ago, Ezra said:

Incorrect. Jesus came from Heaven and returned to Heaven.

Incorrect. The virgin birth guaranteed that no taint from Adam would come on Christ.

Incorrect. John was filled with the Holy Spirit from his mother's womb.

Imaginary scenario.

The saints in Sheol heard the proclamation of victory by Christ ("preached unto the spirits in prison").  But since they were already justified, their souls and spirits were taken to Heaven and perfected after the Resurrection.

Good answers but somehow it misquoted as me instead of your closest friend.  You may want to adjust them to avoid confusion. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

14 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

We must ask what do you think,

This is the most recommended question in Forum discussions. 

For we are not Lording over one another, for this is not a church with the Pastor and his sheep.

What do you think from studying the Scriptures, what have you come to understand about Jonh the Baptist, we test one another.

If you have some input about Jonh the Baptist let us know, for I believed I said the truth about him, and that scriptural truth.

Counder by giving your opinion, your thoughts in this matter, so we can have a discussion. And see what will be burn and what will be left.

I did give my thoughts.  I couldn't find what you said in scripture so I rejected it as imaginative specualtion.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, gdemoss said:

Good answers but somehow it misquoted as me instead of your closest friend.  You may want to adjust them to avoid confusion. :)

Readers, please take note.  The responses were not to gdemoss at all. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

No, scripture is clear that salvation is the gift of God through faith in Christ. What is more scriptural and orthodox to say is a genuine faith will produce works. 

Paul stressed the aspect of Faith as God sees it. "Abraham believed God and it was credited as righteosness".

Peter stressed what men can see, that outward working of faith visible to you and me. I'll show you my faith by my work".

"Philippians 2:12-13 NIV
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed---not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence---continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, [13] for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose."

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,824
  • Content Per Day:  2.41

6 hours ago, saved34 said:

No, scripture is clear that salvation is the gift of God through faith in Christ. What is more scriptural and orthodox to say is a genuine faith will produce works. 

Paul stressed the aspect of Faith as God sees it. "Abraham believed God and it was credited as righteosness".

Peter stressed what men can see, that outward working of faith visible to you and me. I'll show you my faith by my work".

"Philippians 2:12-13 NIV
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed---not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence---continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, [13] for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose."

I would like to know how do you make peace with God, and what does it means to have peace with God, and when do you know that you have peace with God, without any doubt,

I hope that you can see the fear and doubt and anxiety and uncertainty  you are promoting with your post. 

Judging faith in the name of Jesus Christ, where are you going with that. Do you denied that Jesus is our Savior. That he is our peace with the Father? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

2 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I would like to know how do you make peace with God, and what does it means to have peace with God, and when do you know that you have peace with God, without any doubt,

I hope that you can see the fear and doubt and anxiety and uncertainty  you are promoting with your post. 

Judging faith in the name of Jesus Christ, where are you going with that. Do you denied that Jesus is our Savior. That he is our peace with the Father? 

You are correct, Christ himself is our peace with God. I don't know where you would get fear from my post or lack of peace with God. 

Good works are apart of the belivevers dna. God created us for good works and we are told that we as saints should maintain good works. Not for salvation but because of salvation.

"Ephesians 2:10 NIV
For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

"Titus 3:7-8 NIV
so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. [8] This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone."

"Titus 2:14 NIV
who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good."

34 minutes ago, saved34 said:

You are correct, Christ himself is our peace with God. I don't know where you would get fear from my post or lack of peace with God. 

Good works are apart of the belivevers dna. God created us for good works and we are told that we as saints should maintain good works. Not for salvation but because of salvation.

"Ephesians 2:10 NIV
For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

"Titus 3:7-8 NIV
so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. [8] This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone."

"Titus 2:14 NIV
who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good."

Hello Saved34

I figured it out, how I must have misread your post, because of      (No, scripture), OK sorry about that, and the other one when about (genuine faith, throw me of your post), and the other one " Abraham was justified by faith", but mostly was the first one (No with the comma). Hope you understand me and thats my apology to you.

And the works must follow was the other one. And prove me your faith with your works. 

And all that throw me off. 

Men who can not see the faith in peoples heart, demand many things to convince them self's about someone else faith, but is not the same with Jesus, who can see the faith in the heart of people and need not proof.

But if you want to hear something strange, which is not suppose to be, the Devil can also see the faith in the heart of people, and there is a good reason why I mention this one.

Because he can use what people can not see to his advantage.

He may and he does create anxiety in people about other believers, he may suggest look at the works of this person, if he believed he will never act like that, someone with genuine faith will not act so and so.....maybe that too has something to do withing a church environment when someone aplies for the position of a second.

For Jesus only faith as a mustard seed is good enough.

For us when we say we are justified by faith without our works  which it is correct.    

But does not exclude the works of Jesus Christ that makes it possible.

If we say because of the works and obedience of Jesus Christ all the way to the Cross we are justified when we believe in him, and not only justified but also receiving a heavenly inheritance and of his Spirit that tell us that we are one with him, and not separated.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 3/22/2016 at 6:31 PM, Teditis said:

No... I believe that Salvation is by Faith alone and works come from the natural progression of the maturing Christian, (Sanctification.)

Amen, Salvation by the finished work of the Cross.  We cannot do anything to save ourselves.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 3/22/2016 at 6:31 PM, Teditis said:

No... I believe that Salvation is by Faith alone and works come from the natural progression of the maturing Christian, (Sanctification.)

Well said Ted!  Excellent!

On 3/22/2016 at 7:31 PM, Teditis said:

On 4/2/2016 at 1:34 AM, RustyAngeL said:

Amen, Salvation by the finished work of the Cross.  We cannot do anything to save ourselves.

If you want to be saved from execive shopping it is not by faith alone, you must do something about it.

Even though someone may claim that was saved by faith alone, it can not be said that it has to be the same for everyone else's. 

And still needs to do something that follows "the state of been saved", as to remain saved.

And if falls again in the same state that was before and needs to be saved again from the same situation then what, start all over again.

How about if don't care any more to be saved, then what?