• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Have a nice day.

I never took anything away from that verse, or added to that verse.

Here it is again, (KJV). Hebrews 9: 27, And as it is appointed unto men ONCE TO DIE, but after this the judgment:

I will have a nice day, and you too :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

15 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

I never took anything away from that verse, or added to that verse.

Here it is again, (KJV). Hebrews 9: 27, And as it is appointed unto men ONCE TO DIE, but after this the judgment:

I will have a nice day, and you too :thumbsup:

How about the rest of the sentence?  You left that out.  Here is the entire sentence:

• And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment, so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

Be honest in your approach to the scriptures.  You've already admitted exceptions.  Support for the two witnesses being Enoch and Elijah based only on Hebrews 9:27 is problematic but you're entitled to believe whatever.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Last Daze said:

its simply a dissagreementHow about the rest of the sentence?  You left that out.  Here is the entire sentence:

• And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment, so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

Be honest in your approach to the scriptures.  You've already admitted exceptions.  Support for the two witnesses being Enoch and Elijah based only on Hebrews 9:27 is problematic but you're entitled to believe whatever.

You have your understanding, I have mine, This has nothing to do with honesty, PLEASE DONT MAKE THIS A PERSONAL CONTEST. I have no intention of lying or being dishonest with God's Word. If we disagree with our understanding of a Scripture, its not a honesty issue its simply a disagreement.

No I don't "believe whatever," and its not the rest of the sentence, its not one complete sentence, its not the entire sentence, what you are mentioning is the next, another verse;

V: 28, So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

This is referring to the second advent when Christ will come to earth without being a sin offering to save men (V.28), he will come the next time to reign and put all enemies under His feet.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

The second time without sin applies to the believers in Christ. The context is addressing the inmediate audience who were his disciples who had seen Jesus the 1st time whilst they were in the sinful earthly Adamic body. The second time without sin, refers to their incorruptible state of being, that is post resurrection. So the disciples see him the second time to be reunited with him in his Father's house. 

Edited by Defending the Name