• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/5/2017 at 3:16 PM, shiloh357 said:

Just because Christians don't keep the Sabbath doesn't mean they are under God's judgment.

EZEKIEL 20 [12] Moreover also I GAVE THEM MY SABBATHS, TO BE A SIGN between me and them, that they might know THAT I AM THE LORD THAT SANCTIFY THEM.

The sabbath is a sign between God and his people that the “Lord does sanctify them”.

ISAIAH 66 [15] For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.[16] For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.[17] THEY THAT SANCTIFY THEMSELVES, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, EATING SWINE'S FLESH, and the abomination, and the mouse, SHALL BE CONSUMED together, saith the LORD.

Well.....says what it says

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, WailingWall said:

EZEKIEL 20 [12] Moreover also I GAVE THEM MY SABBATHS, TO BE A SIGN between me and them, that they might know THAT I AM THE LORD THAT SANCTIFY THEM.

The sabbath is a sign between God and his people that the “Lord does sanctify them”.

No, the Sabbath is a sign between God and Israel.  God is talking about Israel, not modern followers of Jesus.

ISAIAH 66 [15] For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.[16] For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.[17] THEY THAT SANCTIFY THEMSELVES, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, EATING SWINE'S FLESH, and the abomination, and the mouse, SHALL BE CONSUMED together, saith the LORD.

Well.....says what it says

It's talking about heathen nations, not Christians who eat pork.

On 1/9/2017 at 0:48 PM, shiloh357 said:

No, the Sabbath is a sign between God and Israel.  God is talking about Israel, not modern followers of Jesus.

It was a covenant givin by God to Israel. And WE gentiles were strangers to those covenants

EPHES. 2 [11] Wherefore remember, that ye being IN TIME PAST GENTILES in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; [12] That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and STRANGERS FROM THE COVENANTS OF PROMISE, having no hope, and without God in the world: [13] BUT NOW IN CHRIST JESUS ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. [14] For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

We {gentiles}were once STRANGERS from Gods covenants of promise, having no hope. BUT NOW in Christ, should we take hold of those covenants, we have hope

On 1/10/2017 at 3:58 PM, WailingWall said:

It was a covenant givin by God to Israel. And WE gentiles were strangers to those covenants

EPHES. 2 [11] Wherefore remember, that ye being IN TIME PAST GENTILES in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; [12] That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and STRANGERS FROM THE COVENANTS OF PROMISE, having no hope, and without God in the world: [13] BUT NOW IN CHRIST JESUS ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. [14] For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

We {gentiles}were once STRANGERS from Gods covenants of promise, having no hope. BUT NOW in Christ, should we take hold of those covenants, we have hope

Again...in the writings of Paul

ROMANS 11

[1] I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

[7] What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

[11] I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather THROUGH THEIR FALL SALVATION IS COME UNTO THE GENTILES, for to provoke them to jealousy.

[17] And if some of the branches be broken off, AND THOU, BEING A WILD OLIVE TREE, WERT GRAFFED IN AMONG THEM, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

[19] Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

[23] And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

[25] For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

[26] And so ALL ISRAEL SHALL BE SAVED: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

The gentiles (the stangers) are grafted into their tree, the tree of the Whole house of Israel. Because the gentiles are grafted into their tree, they must take hold of the covenants that were given to the whole House of Israel. Including Gods Ten Commandments.

ROMANS 15 [26] For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem. [27] It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if THE GENTILES HAVE BEEN MADE PARTAKERS OF THEIR SPIRITUAL THINGS, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.

In Romans we find that the gentiles have been made partakers of the “spiritual things” of the House of Israel.

ROMANS 7 [14] For we know that the LAW IS SPIRITUAL: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Gods law is spiritual.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

59 minutes ago, WailingWall said:

For if THE GENTILES HAVE BEEN MADE PARTAKERS OF THEIR SPIRITUAL THINGS, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.

AMEIN, HALLELUYAH !

Thanks be to YHWH in heaven and everywhere HE dwells,  for HIS GOODNESS IS FOREVER !

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

You want to know the answer to your question about Sunday worship?

You are a Christian or whatever, you go to church/whatever you call it. You catch a flight to somewhere, plane goes down you survive, you wake up and look around, you're on an island, somewhere.

How long we're you knocked out? An hour, a day, 2 days? Now you start trying to survive, you lose track of time, the day, the week.

Now which day is Sunday? Which day is Saturday?

Now, if you happen to know astronomy, yes over a period of time and with a knowledge of Jewish feast days you could work out the Sabbath, based on moon phases. But the average individual can't.

Soo now what? You going to hell, are you sinning by "worshipping" on an unknown day, or wait, God will forgive you since there is unforeseen circumstances?

No, No, No, stop being soo legalistic, wanna know a secret?

We WORSHIP by LIVING our WORSHIP.

YOU are the TEMPLE.

Do you understand now?

It doesn't MATTER what day you go GATHER TOGETHER, it MATTERS how you LIVE your LIFE between gatherings.

We WORSHIP by LIVING in TRUTH and SPIRIT, those are not days.

That is the correct answer.

Peace and love.

oops it posted twice, sorry

Edited by Just a Mirror

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

25 minutes ago, Just a Mirror said:

You want to know the answer to your question about Sunday worship?

You are a Christian or whatever, you go to church/whatever you call it. You catch a flight to somewhere, plane goes down you survive, you wake up and look around, you're on an island, somewhere.

How long we're you knocked out? An hour, a day, 2 days? Now you start trying to survive, you lose track of time, the day, the week.

Now which day is Sunday? Which day is Saturday?

Now, if you happen to know astronomy, yes over a period of time and with a knowledge of Jewish feast days you could work out the Sabbath, based on moon phases. But the average individual can't.

Soo now what? You going to hell, are you sinning by "worshipping" on an unknown day, or wait, God will forgive you since there is unforeseen circumstances?

No, No, No, stop being soo legalistic, wanna know a secret?

We WORSHIP by LIVING our WORSHIP.

YOU are the TEMPLE.

Do you understand now?

It doesn't MATTER what day you go GATHER TOGETHER, it MATTERS how you LIVE your LIFE between gatherings.

We WORSHIP by LIVING in TRUTH and SPIRIT, those are not days.

That is the correct answer.

Peace and love.

If I was marooned on a desert island the promise that Jesus, through His Spirit, would continue to be with me, I will cling to as a lifeline.  Jesus revealed to me 20 years ago, after 20 years a Sunday observer, that the Sabbath was His Holy day. Not mine, not the church's, but HIS holy day. He did so through His word. If I lost days of the week through misadventure, I have no doubt that Jesus would reveal to me, somehow, what His day is. Whether through an angel, or the Spirit, I have no idea. But He would, just as He is revealing this to you today...unfortuntely you aren't listening.

4 minutes ago, brakelite said:

If I was marooned on a desert island the promise that Jesus, through His Spirit, would continue to be with me, I will cling to as a lifeline.  Jesus revealed to me 20 years ago, after 20 years a Sunday observer, that the Sabbath was His Holy day. Not mine, not the church's, but HIS holy day. He did so through His word. If I lost days of the week through misadventure, I have no doubt that Jesus would reveal to me, somehow, what His day is. Whether through an angel, or the Spirit, I have no idea. But He would, just as He is revealing this to you today...unfortuntely you aren't listening.

If you have been called to do something I have not, it does not mean I am wrong and you are right, it only means God called you to something for a purpose FOR YOU.

What you have just described to me is how the Church has been divided for 2000 years.

One man has felt a calling and then feels it necessary to teach HIS calling as scripture, Legalism.

We are under GRACE meaning we each are called to serve a purpose that is ONLY for us. Now, maybe 2 people, or 50, or 1000 have a SIMILAR calling, then they should live THEIR calling, not become their own personal prophet.

Like I said, if God wants you there on Saturday it's because you have a mission for Him there, not to start your own LLC.

Peace.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

55 minutes ago, brakelite said:

AMEIN , HALLELUYAH ! YES !

YHWH reveals everything concerning salvation according to HIS WORD,

and this 'everything' of course includes great and small things, as HE PLEASES and as HE SAYS.

If we trusted or depended on men/mankind/ rules or other ,

instead of trusting and depending on HIM,   no matter what about,  we'd be in trouble.