• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

Just now, other one said:

a man is not saved unless he lives the sabbath....    not remembering and do no work, but to live it and take on Gods rest.

Jesus didn't keep it so why should I?

Jesus was the sabbath, Jesus is 7,  but 7 was made for 6,  not 6 for 7,  that we may see 12+1 and rise from 13 into 4, that 6 may be as 7.  :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

16 minutes ago, other one said:

a man is not saved unless he lives the sabbath....    not remembering and do no work, but to live it and take on Gods rest.

Jesus didn't keep it so why should I?

I believe we are to live and worship everyday of the week.  I don't go to church on Saturday, I go on Sunday.  I worship the Lord everyday.  I believe that is what we are supposed to do.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,089
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

24 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I believe we are to live and worship everyday of the week.  I don't go to church on Saturday, I go on Sunday.  I worship the Lord everyday.  I believe that is what we are supposed to do.

I think I agree...     That was what I was trying to get to.  Jesus doesn't want you one day a week....   it's all or nothing.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 minute ago, other one said:

I think I agree...     That was what I was trying to get to.  Jesus doesn't want you one day a week....   it's all or nothing.

Amen Brother!  Thank you.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Just a Mirror said:

Jesus was the sabbath, Jesus is 7,  but 7 was made for 6,  not 6 for 7,  that we may see 12+1 and rise from 13 into 4, that 6 may be as 7.  :)

Im beginning to understand you now.

MATT.12 [39] But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:[40] For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; SO SHALL THE SON OF MAN BE THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS IN THE HEART OF THE EARTH.

Does good Friday afternoon till  (easter) Sunday morning equal 3 days and 3 nights?  Fridays not 1 day but only 1 night . Saturdays 1 day and also 1 night. Sunday morn is 1 more day. Thats 4! Nope. Come sunday morn He had risen so we must subtract 1

And    4-1=3

YUP

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

The only day of the week which God blessed and made Holy is the seventh day of the week Genesis 2...the seventh day was specifically created as a rest day devoted to Holy purposes.  It is as much a part of Creation as we are. At this time there was no Jew, Gentile or any denomination, just humans which God had created, so this holy day was meant for all.

The sunday or first day of the week keeping was never commanded or blessed by God, and comes from ancient Babylon, in honour of the sun god..the Roman church decided to switch their day of worship from the seventh day sabbath as per the Bible to the first day of the week sunday to follow this pagan tradition and to distance themselves from the Jewish Christians, who faithfully keep all of God's commandments, including the fourth...

22 minutes ago, heretoeternity said:

The only day of the week which God blessed and made Holy is the seventh day of the week Genesis 2...the seventh day was specifically created as a rest day devoted to Holy purposes.  It is as much a part of Creation as we are. At this time there was no Jew, Gentile or any denomination, just humans which God had created, so this holy day was meant for all.

The sunday or first day of the week keeping was never commanded or blessed by God, and comes from ancient Babylon, in honour of the sun god..the Roman church decided to switch their day of worship from the seventh day sabbath as per the Bible to the first day of the week sunday to follow this pagan tradition and to distance themselves from the Jewish Christians, who faithfully keep all of God's commandments, including the fourth...

Funny thing.....    I am a Christian and I am not Jewish.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

10 hours ago, other one said:

actually he did not keep the law.

Sin is transgression against the law (1John3:4)...are you suggesting Jesus sinned?

And if you read on through the rest of the chapter you should notice that he did not correct their thinking, but admitted that he was working on the Sabbath...

Wisdom is required to discern the type of work He was doing. And I think you are fully aware of the difference already, but have brought it up because you are bereft of any arguments that are sustainable in the light of scripture.

The old covenant law was not given to gain eternal life, but to have a long happy life here on earth as one of Gods people.

Jesus came and gave us a new covenant with new commandants that we are to follow if we are to attain eternal life.   The only laws carried over to us were told us through Peter to Paul about the few things about blood, and adultery and such.

Like this straw-man argument that I listed among the useless objections to Sabbath keeping previously. You correctly say that keeping the commandments does not gain us eternal life....please quote anyone on a thread anywhere on this forum that claim otherwise...have I said that keeping Sabbath gets me to heaven? Has anyone else said that? No. Straw-man argument.

And you are essentially wrong in your statement, that there are new commandments that if obeyed will grant us eternal life. The ONLY thing that grants us eternal life is the cross. ANY commandments keeping is an act of love in appreciation of what God has done in justifying us through the blood of the Lamb. Like I said, a fruit of our knowing Him. A result of our relationship, whether so-called NC commandments or old. And BTW, where does any scripture say that the new covenant commandments replace the old covenant commandments? Could they not be in addition to?

Well you keep your old laws and I'll keep Jesus's new commandants and we'll see who gets to enter heaven....

and that's the last of what I have to say.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/16/2017 at 8:23 AM, brakelite said:

Jesus had numerous opportunities to speak of how the Sabbath was going to be changed or done away with. But rather than do this, all His debates and arguments with the rabbis were focused on how the Sabbath was to be kept. He defied the human traditions and yes, Jesus did break the Sabbath, He broke it free from the rigid guidelines that made it a burden, and a rigid formality.

Yes, no,  well sort of... He never broke YHWH'S SABBATH/TORAH commands (HE could never sin).   Only the manmade / added things.