IGNORED

The Sabbath and Sunday Worship.

Guest shiloh357
On 2/16/2017 at 1:58 PM, heretoeternity said:

What are you talking about "sabbath agenda? It is a commandment of God, and this is supposed to be a Christian website forum....  Why do you post statements you do not want to support

The Sabbath was commanded to Israel and no one else.   Not all commandments are given to Christians.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/15/2017 at 0:28 PM, Yowm said:

Sabbath means rest. We keep God's Sabbath when we rest in the finished work of Christ, not Saturday or Sunday or whatever other day. 

If you are doing Saturday Sabbath yet are not resting in Christ then you are the Sabbath breaker.

If you are resting in Christ you are free to keep or not keep an observable day of rest.

If you are forcing a Sabbath Day on the conscience of another then you are simply a legalist.

So what your saying is if you are "resting in Christ" you need not keep the 4th commandment. So if you are "resting in Christ" are you saying you also not need to keep the 6th commandment?

Thou shalt not kill.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, WailingWall said:

So what your saying is if you are "resting in Christ" you need not keep the 4th commandment. So if you are "resting in Christ" are you saying you also not need to keep the 6th commandment?

Thou shalt not kill.

We keep the 4th commandment by resting in Christ.  Jesus is our Sabbath rest, the Sabbath rest the Sabbath day pointed to.  My faith is in Jesus, not in the Sabbath.   I live in the New Testament economy.  

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The Sabbath was commanded to Israel and no one else.   Not all commandments are given to Christians.

Genesis 2 God created the seventh day as a Holy day...He rested, blessed the day and set it aside for Holy purposes..it is as much part of creation as we are...

If you are in christ, you are grafted into the Israeli/Jewish tree...as per Paul...

Hebrews 8 and 10....God says those who keep His commandments are His people and He is their God..

1st JOHN.....this is the Love of God that we keep His commandments and they are not burdensome..

1st John ...those that say they know Him and keep Not His commandments are liars and the truth is not in them....

Guest shiloh357
Just now, heretoeternity said:

Genesis 2 God created the seventh day as a Holy day...He rested, blessed the day and set it aside for Holy purposes..it is as much part of creation as we are...

If you are in christ, you are grafted into the Israeli/Jewish tree...as per Paul...

Hebrews 8 and 10....God says those who keep His commandments are His people and He is their God..

1st JOHN.....this is the Love of God that we keep His commandments and they are not burdensome..

1st John ...those that say they know Him and keep Not His commandments are liars and the truth is not in them....

The problem is that the Sabbath day was a picture of Jesus and our Sabbath rest in Him.   It was given as a commandment to Israel, not to the Church.   I am grafted into Israel, but I am not grafted into the Jews.   And I am not under the OT economy.

The "commandments"  John is referring to are Jesus' commandments which Jesus gave during his earthly ministry.   He is not referring to the Torah.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

You chose to ignore the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles, thats you prerogative..God gave us all free will...you can believe the word of God, or believe the world..your choice...

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, heretoeternity said:

You chose to ignore the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles, thats you prerogative..God gave us all free will...you can believe the word of God, or believe the world..your choice...

I am not ignoring any teachings.   Jesus did not command us to keep the Sabbath day.  Neither did the apostles.  

I believe God's word.  I reject and disbelieve your teachings about the Word of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, WailingWall said:

Ya know why?

Zechariah 8:23 (KJV)
23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

We are in those days

May be, but I am not a Jewish, I am a born again Christian not under the laws of the Jews, but under the commands of my Savior.  (Which I might add are stricter than those laws given to the Hebrews) (might also add that those laws never promised eternal life)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On 2/16/2017 at 2:58 PM, heretoeternity said:

What are you talking about "sabbath agenda? It is a commandment of God, and this is supposed to be a Christian website forum....  

I'm pretty much with you on this discussion in that I do not believe in my heart we only have 9 commandments to follow and that the 4th C. Is obsolete.  I know the entire law can be narrowed down to two laws, but nevertheless, FOR ME, I choose to abide by the 10 commandments and thus honor the 4th.  (Jesus kept the Sabbath and as far as I know, never told anyone to not keep it.) I also believe these 10 moral laws were all, but maybe not the 4th, reaffirmed in the NT, so I find no problem keeping all 10. 

If the 4th C is only for Jews or God doesn't give a rip about what day people keep Holy, I'm covered anyhow.  And, pursuant to Romans 14, I don't judge anyone regarding what day they choose to keep holy. Just to be safe on that one too. 

In addition, I strongly object to the way the Sabbath day was changed from Saturday to Sunday and believe it was highly motivated with anti semitism and piggybacked on a pagan holiday, Sun-day worship of the pagans. Also, the church of Nicaea decisions mean nothing to me. 

So, to conclude, I don't judge anyone, I tell them what I believe and follow, and I do not expect anyone to judge me. I follow my conscience. 

Spock out

Edited by Spock

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, WailingWall said:

Ya know why?

Zechariah 8:23 (KJV)
23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

We are in those days

We do not follow any of the ten commandments, we follow the two that Jesus gave us.....  and I might add that though they are short, they are not that simple and are much more comprehensive than the ten....  and add to that in Matthew there are those spoken of going to hell, and the reasons are not contained in the ten commandments.  We should be preaching the new covenant commandments not the old.