• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

7 hours ago, other one said:

I'm 70 years old, I rest every day....  and I worship and praise and have a relationship with him every day......  shame on you if you don't.

Before I retired he went to work with me every day of the week....  and he has fixed more  Xerox printers that I couldn't than you would care to shake a stick at.

Jesus doesn't want you one day a week.  It's all or nothing with him.

Rest up my brother. I hope the republicans don't take all of your money on this new medical plan.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,081
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

don't get all worked up on it. It's just started being built really.  Let's see if the senate can make it better this time.  The Democrat senate really screwed up on obamacare. Maybe the Republican Senate can make this one better instead of worse.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

From Galatians 3:

....For if the inheritance comes by the law, it no longer comes by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise.....

....we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. 24 So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, 26 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave[g] nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/7/2017 at 10:01 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

Well said Riccardo. Jesus even took Ten Commandments, the Law, and Prophets and simplified it, "Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’This is the first and greatest commandment. The second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’The entire law of Moses and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.

MATT.22 [35] Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, [36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?[37] Jesus said unto him, THOU SHALT LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL THY HEART, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.[38] This is the first and great commandment.[39] And the second is like unto it, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF.[40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Why do you believe that we no longer need keep Gods 10 commandments because of what Jesus said in Matthew, Fidei?

DEUT.6  [5] And THOU SHALT LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL THINE HEART, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.[6] And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart [17] Ye shall diligently KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS of the LORD your God, and his testimonies, and his statutes, which he hath commanded thee.

Were they simplified back in Deut? Jesus was only quoting scriptures from the old testament. And as you can see in above scripture the way to love GOD is to keep diligently the commandments.

1JOHN 5 [2] By this we know that we love the children of God, WHEN WE LOVE GOD, AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

And the new testament verifies the old testament as to how we are to show our love for God? In the new testament book of John. When we love God, we keep His commandments.

LEV.19 [17] Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.[18] Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF: I am the LORD.

Again (thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself) Jesus is quoting scripture from the old testament. Were the 10 simplified back in Lev.19. Were the 10 still to be kept back then?

2JOHN1  [5] And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that WE LOVE ONE ANOTHER.[6] AND THIS IS LOVE, THAT WE WALK AFTER HIS COMMANDMENTS. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

In John, you can read how we are to love our neighbour according to the NEW TESTAMENT. It’s the same way that it says in the old testament. KEEP GODS 10 COMMANDMENTS. Jesus is the same today, yesterday and forever.

On 5/7/2017 at 11:21 PM, Neighbor said:

From Galatians 3:

....For if the inheritance comes by the law, it no longer comes by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise.....

GENESIS 26 [3] Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I WILL PERFORM THE OATH WHICH I SWARE UNTO ABRAHAM  thy father; [4] And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; [5] BECAUSE THAT ABRAHAM OBEYED MY VOICE, and kept my charge, MY COMMANDMENTS, my statutes, and MY LAWS.

Yup. It was a promise to Abraham. But Abraham was observing to keep Gods 10 commandments and his laws?  Whys that neighbor? Because honest Abe heard and obeyed Gods "voice"

DEUT. 27 [8] And thou shalt write upon the stones all the words of this law very plainly. [9] And Moses and the priests the Levites spake unto all Israel, saying, Take heed, and hearken, O Israel; this day thou art become the people of the Lord thy God . [10] Thou shalt therefore OBEY THE VOICE of the Lord thy God, and DO HIS COMMANDMENTS and his statutes, which I command thee this day.

DEUT. 4 [12] And the Lord spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard THE VOICE of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice. [13] And he declared unto you his covenant, which HE COMMANDED YOU TO PERFORM, EVEN TEN COMMANDMENTS; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

The voice...The 10 commandments. No doubt about it

ZEPHANIAH 3 [1] Woe to her that is filthy and polluted, to the oppressing city! [2] SHE OBEYED NOT THE VOICE; she received not correction; she trusted not in the LORD; she drew not near to her God. [3] Her princes within her are ROARING LIONS; her judges are evening WOLVES; they gnaw not the bones till the morrow. [4] Her prophets are light and treacherous persons: her priests have polluted the sanctuary, THEY HAVE DONE VIOLENCE TO THE LAW.

Youll find those lions and wolves mentioned in the new covenant scriptures. The bad guys. Their still around today.

JOHN 10 [27] MY SHEEP HEAR MY VOICE, and I know them, and they follow me: [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Also Gods sheep shall also hear His “voice”. They will observe to keep His commandments.

HEBREWS 4 [6] Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:[7] Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, TO DAY IF YE WILL HEAR HIS VOICE, harden not your hearts.

Was this prophecied to happen?

DEUTERONOMY 4 [26] I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that ye shall soon utterly perish from off the land whereunto ye go over Jordan to possess it; ye shall not prolong your days upon it, but shall utterly be destroyed. [27] And THE LORD SHALL SCATTER YOU AMONG THE NATIONS, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the LORD shall lead you. [28] And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men's hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell. [29] But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. [30] When thou art in TRIBULATION, and all these things are come upon thee, even in THE LATTER DAYS, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be OBEDIENT UNTO HIS VOICE; [31] (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Yup

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, WailingWall said:

MATT.22 [35] Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, [36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?[37] Jesus said unto him, THOU SHALT LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL THY HEART, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.[38] This is the first and great commandment.[39] And the second is like unto it, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF.[40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Why do you believe that we no longer need keep Gods 10 commandments because of what Jesus said in Matthew, Fidei?

DEUT.6  [5] And THOU SHALT LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL THINE HEART, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.[6] And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart [17] Ye shall diligently KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS of the LORD your God, and his testimonies, and his statutes, which he hath commanded thee.

Were they simplified back in Deut? Jesus was only quoting scriptures from the old testament. And as you can see in above scripture the way to love GOD is to keep diligently the commandments.

1JOHN 5 [2] By this we know that we love the children of God, WHEN WE LOVE GOD, AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

And the new testament verifies the old testament as to how we are to show our love for God? In the new testament book of John. When we love God, we keep His commandments.

LEV.19 [17] Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.[18] Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF: I am the LORD.

Again (thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself) Jesus is quoting scripture from the old testament. Were the 10 simplified back in Lev.19. Were the 10 still to be kept back then?

2JOHN1  [5] And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that WE LOVE ONE ANOTHER.[6] AND THIS IS LOVE, THAT WE WALK AFTER HIS COMMANDMENTS. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

In John, you can read how we are to love our neighbour according to the NEW TESTAMENT. It’s the same way that it says in the old testament. KEEP GODS 10 COMMANDMENTS. Jesus is the same today, yesterday and forever.

I

I believe the Ten Commandments are  contained in the two commands, "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the great and foremost commandment. 39 The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets." (Matthew 22:36-40). The Pharisees had lost the heart of Law which was to get closer to God (by respecting him, all relationships need respect), and respecting other people. "Do not have other gods before me," is same as wedding vow "forsaking all others," because we are wed to God through Christ who is God and who lives in us now (Colossians 1:27, 1 Corinthians 3:16). I am not saying Ten Commandments are gone, they are just more focused as in they still stand but are phrased in what they were meant for, how to love God and love other people, how to be intimate with God and people is to "not have other gods, not steal, not murder, and etc."

The Israelites had forgotten the purpose of Law, that it was suppose to be how to behave to be closer to God, just like if you want your wife to be closer to you, you don't have mistresses or lie to her. For Moses showed Israelites what God wanted, "Then Moses, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel climbed up the mountain. There they saw the God of Israel. Under his feet there seemed to be a surface of brilliant blue lapis lazuli, as clear as the sky itself. And though these nobles of Israel gazed upon God, he did not destroy them. In fact, they ate a covenant meal, eating and drinking in his presence!," (Exodus 24:9-11) and God wanted to do this with Israelites, "And the LORD said to Moses, "Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow. Have them wash their clothes, and be ready by the third day, because on that day the LORD will come down on Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people." (Exodus 19:10-11), but Israelites responded in fear and asked God not to be near them, "18All the people perceived the thunder and the lightning flashes and the sound of the trumpet and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw it, they trembled and stood at a distance. And they said to Moses, "You speak to us, and we will listen. But don't let God speak directly to us, or we will die!" (Exodus 20:18-19). It was here the Israelites kept God at arm's length, though God wanted to be near them, because they feared, because sin was in them, but Jesus Christ who is Jehovah and Yeshua, and God (Romans 10:9, Titus 2:13, John 17:20-23, John 14:6, John 9:58), came in flesh (John 1:1-18) and became the ultimate Sacrifice (Hebrews 10:10, Hebrews 10, Hebrews 9, John 19) for our sins so that we no longer have to be made right by Law anymore, but the Law now is fulfilled in Jesus (Matthew 5:17), He has torn veil of Temple/separation between God and Man (Matthew 27:51), Jesus has made the only way to be saved through Him (John 6:40, John 3:16, John 14:6, Acts 4:10-12), Jesus has become Highest Priest (Hebrews 8, 9, 10 chapters), Jesus who is God (John 1:1-5, Colossians 2:9, Colossians 1:19) kept the Law because we can't, we are incapable of perfectly doing the Law due to our sinful nature, we always are sinning, but Jesus the Savior, Messiah, and Bridegroom has cleansed us with the Blood of His Sacrifice, the Blood of Lamb, and Has enacted the New Covenant proclaimed by the Prophet Jeremiah (Jeremiah 31:31-35, confirmed in Luke 22:20, and seen in John 19 and 20 fulfilled), and Jesus is Suffering Servant of Isaiah 53 that has borne the weight of all our sin and shame.

The Veil is torn, "When Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, He yielded up His spirit At that moment the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth quaked and the rocks were split, and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life," (Matthew 27:50-52), The Old Covenant is obsolete, "By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear," (Hebrews 8:13), and the Law cannot save us or is needed because The Law Maker Jesus (Yeshua/Immanuel/Jehovah, Son of Man and One with Yahweh and Rouch HaKodesh) and has made a better covenant, "But now Jesus, our High Priest, has been given a ministry that is far superior to the old priesthood, for he is the one who mediates for us a far better covenant with God, based on better promises," (Hebrews 8:6), "Because of this oath, Jesus is the one who guarantees this better covenant with God." (Hebrews 7:22). This New Covenant was revealed to Abraham, was foreshadowed by Moses, and foretold by the Prophets.

Jesus is the Bridegroom, the Messiah, Suffering Servant, Savior, and God. Only He could fufill the Law, cleanse us of our sins and make it possible to keep the Law through simply believing and having faith in Him for eternal life (John 6:40). Now Jesus lives in us who believe in Him (Colossians 2:17, Romans 10:10-20, 1 Corinthians 3:16) and keeps the Law for us and in us, and as we grow in our loving intimate relationship with the Trinity (Genesis 1:27) we begin to bear fruit of the Law and Fruit of Spirit without focusing on it, but focusing on loving God as was intent of Law in first place. But we are not justified by Law, but saved by Grace and faith in Jesus Christ and His sacrifice (Ephensians 2:1-9, Galatians 3:13, Galatians 2:16, Acts 13:39, Galatians 5:2, and Galatians 5:4). We are saved by faith in Jesus and forgiven of our sins, the Law was tutor and guardian, "me put it another way. The law was our guardian until Christ came; it protected us until we could be made right with God through faith." (Galatians 3:24), "know that a man is not justified by works of the Law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the Law, because by works of the Law no one will be justified," (Galatians 2:16), "Now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian," (Galatians 3:25), and "Christ is the end of the Law, in order to bring righteousness to everyone who believes." (Romans 10:4).

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Whenever anyone claims 2 commands instead of ten or other,

watch for mistakes.    Otherwise it is like saying "I LOVE MY COUNTRY", so now I have diplomatic immunity and can break the laws.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,081
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

16 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

watch for mistakes.    Otherwise it is like saying "I LOVE MY COUNTRY", so now I have diplomatic immunity and can break the laws.

That is simply not true Jeff. If you live the two, you won't even want to break the nine and you will live the 4th.  Ant that you guys don't seem to grasp.....  and as I have shown many times you can go your whole life not breaking one of the ten commands even once and still go to hell.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

No one has ever shown anyone how to live without breaking the ten commandments all their life.

Whenever (if) anyone even acted like they thought it was possible,

(though many accused others of it, without ever quoting anyone who claimed it!)

,  "sinless perfectionism" was claimed as impossible and false.

TORAH is TORAH,  OT and NT often in the text/ verses/  and when used properly is right and truth, exactly as YHWH says.

47 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

It is really that simple Jeff