The Sabbath and Sunday Worship.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Did the old testament say that you could not work on the sabbath.....    did they not kill a guy for picking up a stick....

did Jesus not say that he was working on the Sabbath....

Don't know what your Bible says, but mine says that he's the Lord of the Sabbath and he was changing the rules and gave us new commands to follow.

Either that or he sinned and we are all going to hell.

I don't understand why people don't understand we are under a new covenant and new rules and it says that the old covenant was lacking and why we have the new.   Next think we'll have to start circumcising people again.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Yes, no,  well sort of... He never broke YHWH'S SABBATH/TORAH commands (HE could never sin).   Only the manmade / added things.

Precisely.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

2 hours ago, other one said:

Did the old testament say that you could not work on the sabbath.....    did they not kill a guy for picking up a stick....

Don't know what your Bible says, but mine says that he's the Lord of the Sabbath and he was changing the rules and gave us new commands to follow.

I don't understand why people don't understand we are under a new covenant and new rules and it says that the old covenant was lacking and why we have the new.   Next think we'll have to start circumcising people again.

Did Jesus command us to observe the first day of the week Sunday and keep it holy? NO...nowhere in the Bible, nor was there any other day, only the seventh day Sabbath....that first day of the week was a tradition of ancient Babylon in honour of their sungod, which the early Roman religious system adopted, and burdened the true christians with this, under threat of death....Daniel 7 and Revelation 17...Jesus said in Mark 7 you follow the traditions of man and not the commandments of God.  and He also said "depart from me I never knew you, you who practice lawlessness" Matthew 7.

Circumcision was under the law of Moses, the 600 + circumcision, food, sacrificial, etc laws which ended in Acts 15, except the four mentioned. Nothing in the ten commandments,  God's law,  about circumcision

Edited by heretoeternity

1 hour ago, other one said:

I have 4 questions.

1. What kind of work was it that Jesus was doing? (See Matt.12:12)

2. For what reason do you think that Jesus described Himself as Lord of the Sabbath? (See Genesis 2:1-3)

3. Why was it that the old covenant was found faulty? (See Hebrews 8:7-9)

4. What commandments are they, what law is it, and why,  that God promises to write on the hearts of those who take a hold of the new covenant? (See Exodus 25:8,21,22....... Psalm 40:8......2 Cor. 3:2,3; 6:16.......Hebrews 10:1-29).....and what is the result?......(See Romans 8:29....Romans 6:19-23....Ephesians 2...compare Eph.2:22 with Exodus 25:8, and therein you shall find the purpose of God for your life, and why keeping God's commandments are so important.)

4 hours ago, brakelite said:

I have 4 questions.

1. What kind of work was it that Jesus was doing? (See Matt.12:12)

2. For what reason do you think that Jesus described Himself as Lord of the Sabbath? (See Genesis 2:1-3)

3. Why was it that the old covenant was found faulty? (See Hebrews 8:7-9)

4. What commandments are they, what law is it, and why,  that God promises to write on the hearts of those who take a hold of the new covenant? (See Exodus 25:8,21,22....... Psalm 40:8......2 Cor. 3:2,3; 6:16.......Hebrews 10:1-29).....and what is the result?......(See Romans 8:29....Romans 6:19-23....Ephesians 2...compare Eph.2:22 with Exodus 25:8, and therein you shall find the purpose of God for your life, and why keeping God's commandments are so important.)

Old Testament says "any" work.....    so it doesn't matter what kind of work he was doing and he didn't tell them any different showing thier thinking was wrong......    he just admitted he was doing work and you can twist it any way you like, but the Bible says he admitted to working on the Sabbath and it's in red so it was the writer quoting Jesus.   He plead guilty in front of a  number of Jews.   And once you get to that point the rest of your questions really don't matter.....   even in the least.

As I posted in the other threads of this subject, tell me which of the ten commandments these people going to hell broke?

Matt 25:31-46

31 "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 "And all the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. 34 "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You drink? 38 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 'And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' 41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' 44 "Then they themselves also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?' 45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
NASB

The second of Jesus's two commandments are far different than anything in the ten commandments.

So you people can preach the ten commandments or even the other old laws all you want to, but you are leading people down a different path than Jesus laid out for us to go.

1 hour ago, other one said:

Old Testament says "any" work.....    so it doesn't matter what kind of work he was doing and he didn't tell them any different showing thier thinking was wrong......    he just admitted he was doing work and you can twist it any way you like, but the Bible says he admitted to working on the Sabbath and it's in red so it was the writer quoting Jesus.   He plead guilty in front of a  number of Jews.   And once you get to that point the rest of your questions really don't matter.....   even in the least.

You didn't bother to read the accompanying text?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God says

Isa 1:18-20

18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
KJV
We can only do this (reason with God) in s/Spirit with the objective format of Scripture... God gave the commandments to man in order to show / reveal his sin

Rom 7:9-13

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
KJV
1st born man is, all with the exception of The Christ Jesus, are destined to hell by the commandments... however Jesus 1st birth was of God and of man -without the inheritance of sin by Adam (for His Father was of course God Himself)... Jesus bridges eternity past of no sin to eternity future of no sin by fulfilling the Law of God!

Luke 24:44

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
KJV
We are therefore required to understand Jesus was not breaking the sabbath 'as man' nor 'as God' but fulfilled it thus in the justice of God made the perfect Lamb without spot or blemish and we must conform our minds to the leading of Scripture else we depart in doctrinal error...
Once His (Jesus) life was given in death

Heb 9:16-28

16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,

20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.

21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.

22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
KJV
THE COVENANT OF GRACE=New Testament has brought the Spirit of God back into the soul of man...

Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/20/2017 at 0:53 AM, heretoeternity said:

Did Jesus command us to observe the first day of the week Sunday and keep it holy? NO...nowhere in the Bible, nor was there any other day, only the seventh day Sabbath....that first day of the week was a tradition of ....

Absolutely right heretoeternity. Jesus prophecied of these people

Matthew 15:8-9 (KJV)
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

21 minutes ago, WailingWall said:

Absolutely right heretoeternity. Jesus prophecied of these people

Matthew 15:8-9 (KJV)
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

It is foolishness to regard one passage of Scripture and disregard another.... The Scriptures must be reasoned as a whole council from God and not cherry pick what suits ones fancy!
Love, Steven