• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

28 minutes ago, algots said:

That deflects the issue. There was a reason the serpent went to the woman over the man.  I know in this highly feminized environment and Society, this is taboo, but it is the elephant in the room. And why is it taboo? Because feelings are more important than truth. A feminine attribute.

Different topic all together, but man and women both go by facts and feelings whenever the Holy Spirit leads them..

3 minutes ago, algots said:

Isn't it amazing how the Holy Spirit lets us do whatever we want? Whenever a Christian doesn't want to take responsibility for something, they just say the Holy Spirit led them.

I heard people say that the wind told them to de certain things..lol

It all comes back to our faith , alike for man and woman ,on the Word we stand!

Just now, algots said:

Every man does what is right in their own eyes.

Only the man who does not have Jesus as their God and the Holy Spirit inside of them to lead them in truth!

(This is what makes this world so horrible!)

2 minutes ago, algots said:

And not every man who says they have Jesus actually does, but the "Holy Spirit" led them to do what they wanted to do, too.

Only God knows everybody's heart :)

Amen?

10 minutes ago, algots said:

True, but God, Himself, said that 1) the heart is deceptively wicked and 2) out of the abundance of the heat the mouth speaks. So we do know the heart is wicked and cannot be trusted. So, we, too can know one's heart.

Once again, feelings versus written. Subjectivity versus objectivity.

I'm leaving the Judgement over to God but I know what you;'re saying .~~

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'd have to challenge do you mean more faithful or religious ? 
I've met many a woman who is more dedicated to daily reading , daily prayers and attending church services regularly then men.    But in discussing biblical topics I've enjoyed more conversations that test the infinite power of God 's unlimited ability to create worlds above or worlds below and traverse these realms freely with men. 
As for the fall .... If mankind did not know the difference between good and evil, is this almost the same as not knowing right from wrong ? Obviously they could not fathom the consequences that would follow by doing what Satan suggested. They were innocent and gullible... 
Once their eyes were opened they now experienced how one can be duped, ashamed of themselves for the first time. They had to hate Satan for tricking them. 
Adam the 1st Christ was living forever he was being fruitful and multiplying, birth had been without pain. But now it's a new ball game. 
 Paul tells us mankind received a gift .. I.e. They did become like God now knowing good from evil. But with this gift came condemnation and they lost immortality.  
Jesus the 2nd Christ came to undo it all and he has ( thank you Jesus) Jesus has offered us immortality again .... 
Anyone who thinks God the Father didn't know the fall was coming can't know God at all. 
We know from the  scriptures God's plan is to eliminate Satan and his host forever. Before God even began creating before He broke the   Barrier of thought life to the spoken WORD  Heavenly Father has been planning  the demise of HIS enemies.  At His only begotten expense and the suffering if the saints we through Jesus Christ our Lord our King and our God are more than over comers !  
Not to us Father  but to you  and to your holy son Jesus Christ be the Glory .... You are our glory and we are yours amen come lord Jesus amen 

Edited by John1:18
Spelling

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

22 hours ago, algots said:

That would lend credibility to the theme of this thread.

If you notice, Jesus isn't presented to the masses as a real person. He is presented as some feminized, or androgynous individual devoid of any aggression, anger, or attributes we have come to know as being negative....

Yet there are references in the gospels to Jesus' anger at the money changers as he cleansed the temple as well as his rebuke of the hypocritical Pharisees (Matthew 23).

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Emotions and feelings are normal things for both men and women.  What can be troublesome is when those emotions and feelings are out of control - and that happens to both men and women.  I think we've all seen both men and women who allow their anger, jealousy, grief, sorrow, compassion, and even joy take over and bad decisions are made during those times.

Jesus displayed many emotions in the Bible and he did not put "feeling over truth".  "Feeling over truth" is not a feminine trait.  I stand on the truth of God's Word over all things and I am a female.

Here are some of the many emotions and feelings that Jesus displayed in the Bible that were not out of control and were normal.

• Compassion - how many time in the NT does is say that Jesus felt compassion on the people.
  • Anger - Jesus actually made a whip to drive out the money changers and turned over tables; and how many times did Jesus have a confrontational conversation with the religious leaders and put them in their place so to speak
  • Sorrow - during the Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem, Jesus cried for Jerusalem and mourned aloud that all he wanted was to gather them under his wings like a hen and yet they would not do that; he knew that not long after his ascension that Jerusalem would be invaded and obliterated by the Romans and he mourned for that
  • Joy - the Bible says that Jesus went to the cross for the joy set before him; he told the disciples that he wanted his joy to be their joy and for their joy to be complete
  • Troubled/moved - when Jesus say Mary crying over Lazarus, the Bible says he was "deeply moved and troubled".  Then he cried.  Then it says again that he was "deeply moved" again.  Truly, I don't believe that we know the totality of what was going through the spirit of Jesus to cause all of that.
  • Feeling Indignant - Mark says that Jesus felt this when the disciples would not let the children come to him.
  • Sympathy - the Bible says that we do not have a High Priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses
  • Anguish - the Bible Jesus experienced anguish in the Garden of Gethsemane and Jesus said to the disciples that he was at the point of death and angels actually had to come to the Garden to tend to him IN his anguish
  • Affection - while on the cross, Jesus' affection for his mother showed in that he was concerned that there would be no one to take care of her

There's more, but I'll stop there.

Emotions and feelings are normal, in healthy ranges.  Emotions and feelings are in both men and women. 

Edited by Jayne

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,137
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

3 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Emotions and feelings are normal things for both men and women.  What can be troublesome is when those emotions and feelings are out of control - and that happens to both men and women.  I think we've all seen both men and women who allow their anger, jealousy, grief, sorrow, compassion, and even joy take over and bad decisions are made during those times.

Jesus displayed many emotions in the Bible and he did not put "feeling over truth".  "Feeling over truth" is not a feminine trait.  I stand on the truth of God's Word over all things and I am a female.

Here are some of the many emotions and feelings that Jesus displayed in the Bible that were not out of control and were normal.

• Compassion - how many time in the NT does is say that Jesus felt compassion on the people.
  • Anger - Jesus actually made a whip to drive out the money changers and turned over tables; and how many times did Jesus have a confrontational conversation with the religious leaders and put them in their place so to speak
  • Sorrow - during the Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem, Jesus cried for Jerusalem and mourned aloud that all he wanted was to gather them under his wings like a hen and yet they would not do that; he knew that not long after his ascension that Jerusalem would be invaded and obliterated by the Romans and he mourned for that
  • Joy - the Bible says that Jesus went to the cross for the joy set before him; he told the disciples that he wanted his joy to be their joy and for their joy to be complete
  • Troubled/moved - when Jesus say Mary crying over Lazarus, the Bible says he was "deeply moved and troubled".  Then he cried.  Then it says again that he was "deeply moved" again.  Truly, I don't believe that we know the totality of what was going through the spirit of Jesus to cause all of that.
  • Indigence - Mark says that Jesus felt this when the disciples would not let the children come to him.
  • Sympathy - the Bible says that we do not have a High Priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses
  • Anguish - the Bible Jesus experienced anguish in the Garden of Gethsemane and Jesus said to the disciples that he was at the point of death and angels actually had to come to the Garden to tend to him IN his anguish
  • Affection - while on the cross, Jesus' affection for his mother showed in that he was concerned that there would be no one to take care of her

There's more, but I'll stop there.

Emotions and feelings are normal, in healthy ranges.  Emotions and feelings are in both men and women. 

I don't believe he's saying without emotion but the priority by which we are swayed in our decision making...  Men's tendency is
factual persuasions wherein the woman is tended to the more emotional aspects.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

I don't believe he's saying without emotion but the priority by which we are swayed in our decision making...  Men's tendency is
factual persuasions wherein the woman is tended to the more emotional aspects.

Where does this come from that men are all about facts/truth and women are all about emotions?  It isn't in the Bible.  It just isn't.

It was stated in this thread that women believe feelings more important than truth and that it is a blanket statement about women.  And now you have pretty much stated the same thing.  Where does this come from?  I expressed in the post you cited that I choose the truth of God's Word over everything.

Since I have been here, I have gently tried to show scripture after scripture after scripture that shows that many of these beliefs about women are not valid nor biblical.

Have you not read the Psalms?  And I know that you have. :)  Can't you see King David's and the other men's emotional states?  In fact there is one Psalm - 137 - where the author speaks of wanting to take the babies of his enemies and bash their infant heads against the rocks.

I have not prevailed in any thread to convince anyone of the Biblical truths about women.   I'll try to stay off of these threads from now on.  I won't convince you or anyone else here that women are not governed by emotion to the point that truth is ignored.