Fallen-Disciple

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I feel like I take too much on and I concern myself with things I can't handle.... Like the end of the world,, what should I do... Should I start a career.. why bother because we're all gonna die soon... But I've been thinking this for like the past 5 years since 2011 and its really affecting my life. Any help? 

Edited by Fallen-Disciple
Tmi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

10 hours ago, Fallen-Disciple said:

I feel like I take too much on and I concern myself with things I can't handle.... Like the end of the world,, what should I do... Should I start a career.. why bother because we're all gonna die soon... But I've been thinking this for like the past 5 years since 2011 and its really affecting my life. Any help? 

Hi Fallen-Disciple and Welcome.

It would appear that you are trying to shoulder burdens which are not really yours. When you say "start a career" it would appear that you have not joined the workforce as yet, and are probably single.  

The important things in life are (a) knowing that you are saved by the grace of God, (b) maturing as a Christian, (c) being a helper or encourager to others, and (d) being a witness for Christ.  All of this is encompassed in the two greatest commandments which Christ emphasized. It includes your job, your church life, your worship life, your prayer life, and everything related to walking in the Spirit.

So perhaps your first priority should be some honest self-assessment, and your second priority should be to find a mature Christian mentor or discipler who can help you to get on the right track. You need focus, and you also need the commitment to move forward in your life and your walk with Christ.  

If you are unable to assess yourself, have someone with spiritual maturity do it for you. And some of the results could be painful, but necessary.  If you are lazy, disorganized, lackadaisical, or uncommitted, those things might clamour for your attention.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

You can't just drop everything, i definitely advise you to start a career. Yes the signs of the end times are upon us but you have to remember none of us really know when Matthew 24:36 '' But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only'' Definitely pray about the things you're concerned about and you should have no reason to worry as long as you trust in God. Take it easy man,

In the meantime I advise you to try your best to follow God and live a prosperous life.

Edited by Stratton

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 3/23/2016 at 8:19 AM, Fallen-Disciple said:

Gratitude comes easily when everything is going our way, but 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says, “In everything give thanks.” This includes both good and hard times. But when we don’t understand why God allows us to go through suffering and trials, we may let our situation extinguish a grateful spirit. Instead of rejoicing and praising God for who He is and what He’s done for us, we focus on our pain and confusion and begin to doubt the Lord and His Word. However, when we choose to be thankful in every situation, despite our feelings, we’ll reap many benefits.

1) Submit all your plans to the lord Jesus Christ

2) Focus on the good voice within that's Christ

3)The bad voice within is the devil and deceiver who's trying to discourage you. His a a murderer and a liar from the beginning

4)Pray without ceasing  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing,  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

• 1 Thessalonians 5:18 “In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” The Lord desires that we have a grateful spirit no matter what our circumstances. Even in the midst of pain or hardship, we can always thank Him for our salvation, His presence, and His work in our lives.
  •  Ephesians 5:20 “Always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father.” Although we are told to thank the Lord “for all things,” this never includes anything that is contrary to God’s nature or His commands. However, we can thank Him for whatever He allows in our lives which is according to His sovereign will knowing that He promises to work everything for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose (Rom. 8:28). We won’t always see the good immediately or even during our lifetime, but in heaven, it will all make sense. Until then, ratitude demonstrates our trust in the Lord.

Thanksgiving focuses our attention on God rather than our circumstances. If we fix our eyes on the difficulty, the pain becomes unbearable, peace eludes us, and the situation seems hopeless. But thanksgiving shifts our focus to the Lord and reminds us what we can know for certain:

• We’re not alone.
  • God is with us.
  • He loves us.
  • We’re eternally secure.
  • The Lord walks with us.
  • He will bring us through.
  • God will turn this experience into something profitable in our lives.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 3/23/2016 at 5:19 PM, Fallen-Disciple said:

Never give up, no matter what it is you do.  God wants all of us to prosper.  Maybe you could join a local non profit group.  Volunteer helping children.  Anything that might interest you.  It will get you outside of yourself.  Should make you feel better knowing you are being depended upon.  God Bless.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I certainly can appreciate this post. Thank you for it! When we first came to Yahshua and were born again we felt the peace and love of following him.

Then when we stopped spending time at his feet and slowly got more involved in knowledge we got pulled away into too  much learning. I find that

a lot of people are so worried and concerned about the evil in the world and the doom and gloom that goes with it. It harms the body, undue stress, 

it overwhelms the mind. To live outside this minute is to try to live in the future which causes anxiety. And when this happens it causes fear, doubt. 

Our minds get confused. I find it best to live by Proverbs 3:5-7. This really puts it as we rely upon Yahweh and not our own understanding. Many 

really get sidetracked that they forget we are in the world but not of it. So get yourself some wonderful praise and worship music and stir up the

spirit within your inner man. Strengthen that which remains. You see i am guilty of this, i think it is about me and it is all about Him. I have to daily 

surrender my will and die to self in him. Believers have no rights, NONE, we have fellowship, sonship, but we do not demand of Elohim anything. 

We humbly thank Him for everything, good and bad which means gratitude. To be content with much and with little, to praise Him in all things.

We have to develope the attitude of gratitude... I find that reading the psalms helps me greatly. Did not Messiah Yahshua tell us to read the prophets and 

the Psalms? For they testified of him? There really is no need to be so hard on yourself, for all our righteous is as filthy rags. So Praise Yahweh that

He loves us enough to call us to Himself, to save us from ourselves and to restore us to him in the fullness of Messiah. I find to pick myself up is

not by any of my best efforts for Elohim inhabits the praises of his people. Praise Him regardless of feelings and you will find the peace that you

are so looking for... Blessings