• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings spiderman......

Please,above all,,,,try to remind yourself daily(hourly,whatever is needed)that by "renewing your mind" & "taking captive every thought" we become NEW creatures in Christ Jesus by HIS Finished Work on the Cross ,,,,,not by anything WE do or do not do,,,,,,it is all about surrendering "self",,,,,,,,

You can make a choice to either believe what you have been told by psychiatrists,physicians,jailers,psychologists,labs,tests etc,,,,etc,,,, OR believe the Word of God,,,,,,it is up to you,you can take that flesh(heart,mind,body,emotions)and hang it on the Cross with Jesus or keep holding on to it.......................it does not matter whether we hear an evil report about our minds(mental health) or our physical heath(cancer etc,,,),,,,WHO are YOU going to TRUST? I was diagnosed with Stage 4 incurable cancer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I say"diagnosed with",not had & never "I have",,,,,,,,because I did not want to claim it for myself(we have the Power of life or death in our tongue),,,,,,,,,,,,,Is the Blood of Christ not Powerful enough to Heal ALL manner of sickness & disease or not? Of course it is,I am cancer free today,,,,,,,,Praise Jesus!!!!!!!!

Friend,renew your mind,,,,,,stop listening to the labels this world would have you to keep & listen to Who God says you ARE in Jesus Name,,,,,,A New Creature!!!!! Born Again!!!!!!! Yes Yes Yes,,,,as 1 to 3 has said,,,,,,,"Resist the devil & he will flee",every single time anyone tells you that you have limitations of any kind or PTSD,,,,,,,TAKE CAPTIVE THE THOUGHT,RENEW YOUR MIND,,,,,,,,,,,"I am a NEW Creature in Christ Jesus".........that was my "old man"but I am Born Again!!!!!!!     Trust the Lord,Praise Him for Who He is & what His Blood has done for you & do not simply say,I am Saved" & one day I will get out of here,,,,,,,,LIVE SAVED & take hold of the Blessings God has for you in the life more abundant that He Promised we can have,here & now! Don't block the Blessings Spidey,they are there for you to receive & you need only get out of your own way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Trust,Believe & Stand FIRM on your Position of Victory!!!!

Everything I am telling you is in the Sciptures,,,,,,,you must read the Word with an open heart & mind asking the Holy Spirit for Wisdom & Understanding that these TRUTHS be Revealed to you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you remain in my prayers

May you have eyes to see & ears to hear & to be a living testimony of God to give Him Glory!                        With Love-in Christ,Kwik

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 3/24/2016 at 0:19 PM, spiderman1917 said:

The world's misery ,all of the ugly things that happen and all the ugliness within myself and other people is chronically bombarding my mind, taking me to another awful world when I'm supposed to be focusing on other things , making it impossible for me to hold a job ,and sometimes I don't even hear what the person in front of me is saying because I'm so bombarded psychologically with the world's misery.

Some of it is PTSD I think. :(  It has been making my life impossible for quite a few years now.  I suppose having no family or friends in the area doesn't help.

I wish I had died as a child before being corrupted and I pray God move me to a state of grace and take my life

Phil 4  has 3 instruction with promises try doing the word. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Thinking of you.

no one told you.jpg

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The world's misery ,all of the ugly things that happen and all the ugliness within myself and other people is chronically bombarding my mind, taking me to another awful world when I'm supposed to be focusing on other things , making it impossible for me to hold a job ,and sometimes I don't even hear what the person in front of me is saying because I'm so bombarded psychologically with the world's misery.

Some of it is PTSD I think. :(  It has been making my life impossible for quite a few years now.  I suppose having no family or friends in the area doesn't help.

I wish I had died as a child before being corrupted and I pray God move me to a state of grace and take my life

I understand where you're coming from as I was fighting my mind for 5 years until i won the war. I won the war through constant prayers, fasting and offering incense to the lord. It does not mean its over for me because Satan will constantly attack gods children it's that simple. Without adversary how can we grow and be strong enough to survive in a fallen world? You need to be strong and fight your mind. Speaking from my own experiences I refused to go on antidepressants or see any therapists, and psychiatrists because I knew they can't help me and that only the lord could save me and that's what he done for me. Remember Satan is our enemy, and he’s a murderer, liar, deceiver, schemer, tempter, and destroyer. But as believers, we do not have to become his victims. Adversity can be one of God’s greatest blessings if we respond as Paul did in 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. Because he’d been entrusted with great revelations from the Lord, he was also given a painful “thorn in the flesh” to keep him from becoming proud. Paul implored the Lord three times to remove it but was told, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness".Paul responded by saying, “Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.”

According to Ephesians 6:10-13, believers are in a struggle—not with people—but against rulers, powers, world forces of darkness, and spiritual forces of wickedness in heavenly places. Because spiritual battles require divine protection, we are told to put on the full armor of God.

The armor of God (Eph. 6:14-18)  Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,  and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.  In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

• The helmet of salvation protects our thinking.
  • The breastplate of righteousness guards our emotions.
  • The girdle of truth allows us to walk in the light.
  • Our feet must be shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace.
  • We are to take up the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.
  • We need the shield of faith to completely cover us and extinguish all the enemy’s flaming arrows.
  • Finally, we must pray at all times.

1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. 

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi there

I understand how PTSD can mess everything up

I've been there and after 7 years made it out to the other side

If you ever want to message me I will do what I can to help

I will pray with all my heart and soul for you

• 7 months later...

I have known a lot of addicts (my parents included) who when they are trying to get sober, or coming down, they have what we call the alcoholic brain, meaning it's the drug doing the talking, not who we are inherently. When we go through any type of trauma or hardship the neural passages in our brain literally get rewired, so our brain waves respond to stress in ways that can often be unhealthy (like alcohol or drugs). It takes about 90 days to set up neural fiber networks to start new healthier patterns of behavior. Depending on the history of trauma, it can take longer, but 90 days is roughly the starting point where the researchers have actually seen growth in the brain and a rewiring of tissue if you will.

There are some very healthy things you can do for yourself. Nearly all addicts suffering from alcohol and drugs (especially alcoholics) have severe vitamin and mineral deficiency, and this can play absolute havoc with your brain. I don't know if you have a dr or anyone who can help you get a bottle of a good multiple vitamin for men, but I'd consider getting on one to help build up your mineral and vitamin levels. I'd also look at getting into a type of meditative practice like yoga, tai chi, or qi gong exercises. All of these are very old traditional meditation exercises with physical benefits (tai chi and qi gong are actually a gentle form of martial arts). They focus on the mind and the full well being of the person. What's cool about this method of exercise is you can find them on Youtube or online. You don't need to pay high dollar for a class. You can go online google or Youtube.

I am a big one day at a time person for my clients. So when they feel overwhelmed, or they can't take another day...I say to them, break it down just for this day, or the next six hours, or the next hour. I also have my clients make a tool box of all the coping skills they can use in healthy ways to help them combat these unhealthy behaviors they are experiences.

I don't know your full diagnosis but I would ask for a complete explanation of everything and state specifically that you want copies of your diagnoses from the DSM V manual. You are entitled to be 100% educated about any illnesses your experiencing. If you have any axis 2 disorders, such as a personality disorder or personality traits, I would ask your treatment team for something called Dialectical Behavioral Therapy or DBT. I would also request EMDR training if your symptoms of PTSD are severe. Because you are unsure I think you said of what you're diagnosed with, it's really important for your treatment team to not only give you a list of your diagnoses, but a detailed explanation of them. 100% self-awareness leads to a healthier lifestyle change. Remember Jesus Christ said that he is the light and the light shines in the darkness but the darkness doesn't comprehend it. However the LIGHT can comprehend your darkness, and you can make sense of what's going on in your world, the more aware you become of the inner workings of your mind, heart, and spirit.

Whatever you do, don't give up. Life is a great big beautiful mystery, and sometimes when we get caught up in what I call a disease process (yes alcoholism is a disease) our brain thinks in disordered ways (this is fact and researchable). So every day, say to yourself, this to shall pass. Curse it out if you need too, yell it out. One day at a time, this too shall pass. I hope that helps. If you need assistance, support, or someone to talk to, just pm me. Take care. Remember you a bright light in the eyes of God.