Lavender

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hi.  Could we please have a forum for New Christians?  I've read through the forum headings and there is one for Seekers but not one for New Christians.  I have questions that would seem simple to many other members but I would like answers for these being a New Christian.  For instance I asked a question in the General discussion forum about what Bible version.  This question has been there for over 1 day and has had 11 views and 0 replies.  I have searched for this answer on the internet and have read answers but these have been from one person writing an article not from many people. 

I would definitely appreciate a forum for New Christians for my questions to help me learn and grow as a Christian.  Hopefully other people will benefit from it too.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,674
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I do not remember seeing your post, Im sorry if we missed it! And perhaps others chose not to, because unfortunatly, bible translations can be a rather hot topic and often turns into world war 3. there are several to choose from, and many will argue with you. There are literal translations, which are far more accurate by the greek, then there are ones who just try to get the general meaning. These are generally much easier to understand, but some get way out there. Personally, my two favorite translations are the KJV and the NASB, but they are very literal, and maybe hard to understand at first. A good translation that I can recomend that is easy to study from is the English Standard version, and while I have some reservations about it, the NIV isnt to bad. Ones I would stay away from are the message and the Living Bible (mainly because its not a Bible at all but rather a paraphrase, but because of the lously labeling people get it confused with an actual translation)

As far as a forum for new christians, thats actually not a bad idea! having a forum where young christians can ask questions, and not have them turned into debates. I for one, think its an excellent idea, so George, when you read this, make this a +1 from me for this idea. :D

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

17 hours ago, Lavender said:

Hi.  Could we please have a forum for New Christians?  I've read through the forum headings and there is one for Seekers but not one for New Christians.  I have questions that would seem simple to many other members but I would like answers for these being a New Christian.  For instance I asked a question in the General discussion forum about what Bible version.  This question has been there for over 1 day and has had 11 views and 0 replies.  I have searched for this answer on the internet and have read answers but these have been from one person writing an article not from many people. 

I would definitely appreciate a forum for New Christians for my questions to help me learn and grow as a Christian.  Hopefully other people will benefit from it too.

That sounds like something that could be beneficial to those new to the faith.  I see that you have posted this where the owner of the site, George, will see it.  Don't get discouraged about it.  Sometimes I post things too and get ZERO replies.  Nothing to worry about.

Hi The-Patriot 2016.  Thank you for your reply on Bible versions and your support for a New Christian forum.

Hi MorningGlory.  Thanks for your encouragement.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,787
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

I do not remember seeing your post, Im sorry if we missed it! And perhaps others chose not to, because unfortunatly, bible translations can be a rather hot topic and often turns into world war 3. there are several to choose from, and many will argue with you. There are literal translations, which are far more accurate by the greek, then there are ones who just try to get the general meaning. These are generally much easier to understand, but some get way out there. Personally, my two favorite translations are the KJV and the NASB, but they are very literal, and maybe hard to understand at first. A good translation that I can recomend that is easy to study from is the English Standard version, and while I have some reservations about it, the NIV isnt to bad. Ones I would stay away from are the message and the Living Bible (mainly because its not a Bible at all but rather a paraphrase, but because of the lously labeling people get it confused with an actual translation)

As far as a forum for new christians, thats actually not a bad idea! having a forum where young christians can ask questions, and not have them turned into debates. I for one, think its an excellent idea, so George, when you read this, make this a +1 from me for this idea. :D

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

That sounds like something that could be beneficial to those new to the faith.  I see that you have posted this where the owner of the site, George, will see it.  Don't get discouraged about it.  Sometimes I post things too and get ZERO replies.  Nothing to worry about.

Somehow I don't think it will reduce debates :noidea:  We have a lot of posters who think they know God's Word but by their post you shall know them :) 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Yahweh often takes 30 years and more to answer questions put directly to Him,  even things HE Himself Has Promised.

And HE is never late, or wrong.

He made everything simple is good to remember.

Men added many confusions/ devices/ encumbrances ((even HIS OWN PEOPLE DID OFTEN)).

and, of course, multitudes of men and answers will be offered , or may be offered, to anyone 

seeking answers from men.

20 hours ago, Lavender said:

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,674
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

9 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Somehow I don't think it will reduce debates :noidea:  We have a lot of posters who think they know God's Word but by their post you shall know them :) 

yes, but if you have it posted answers only, and then remove any debators, or limit those who can answer to a select few, it would of course, limit them.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,787
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

27 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

yes, but if you have it posted answers only, and then remove any debators, or limit those who can answer to a select few, it would of course, limit them.

yup

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

On 3/25/2016 at 6:12 PM, Lavender said:

Hi MorningGlory.  Thanks for your encouragement.

:)