• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Prophetic or paranoid?

Consider the constant yet subtle trickle of New Age ideas and practices into the church.

Consider the types of messages that are popular with people today: physical prosperity, say so and it happens, once-saved always saved - which all have some truth but the delivery of which leaves very valid questions.

Consider the increase in religiosity and legalism that seem to seek to undermine simple, foundational faith.

Is there an agenda behind all this that ties it together?  Are there agents pushing this agenda forward?  Wolves in sheeps' clothing, so to speak? Or simply not?

Thoughts welcome, let's reason together instead of arguing though.  That's always far more pleasant :)

God bless you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  0

hello Zion.
this is a subject that i do feel strongly about. for the most part i am a quiet person but this is a topic that really does fill me with summat to say!

yes the church. it seems the evangelical church quite blatantly so IMO all these feel good gospels. each week when i went i heard the word according to Joe blogs and eventually i decided enough is enough no more Micky mouse religion for me

God tv and the general decline of society for instance in England they are slowly turning schools into academy's (which seem to be a breeding ground for radical moslim teaching) these schools were under the wing of the church and so once that influence has gone then what is there really to stop this decline. "and everybody was right in his own eyes"

for me it is the bible.  i am not into clever intellectual arguments. thanks for raising an interesting post

blessings and a Happy Easter

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, *Zion* said:

Thoughts welcome, let's reason together instead of arguing though.  That's always far more pleasant 

The context of *wolves in sheep's clothing* is very clear. Since Christ regards His own as sheep, wolves must appear externally as sheep in order to deceive the sheep.  But inwardly they are wolves waiting to devour the sheep.

This teaching is aimed at false prophets and false teachers, and Peter has much to say about them and their damnable heresies and pernicious ways (2 Pet 2:1-3):

1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not...

10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities...

12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;..

17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.

18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 3/26/2016 at 6:44 AM, *Zion* said:

Consider the increase in religiosity and legalism that seem to seek to undermine simple, foundational faith.

Is there an agenda behind all this that ties it together?

Consider all of these things as signs of the End of the Age. The very same types of things that are being seen in the Church today were seen in Judaism at the end of the last age. The foundations of their faith had been removed by their corrupt and worldly priesthood, and the people were steeped in the desires of their flesh and the delusions promoted by all kinds of cults and cult leaders.

Religion had/has become external rather than internal --

the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life ... not of the Father, but of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it... 1 John 2:16-17

So the agenda behind all of this is "to keep your eyes off Jesus," and on the world. Those who keep their eyes on Jesus will be the ones who find their way through the maze. Those who keep their eyes on the world and its big-talkers and follow-meers will be lost in that maze.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

I think the wolves are starting to out number the sheep, and so , what can we do ? for the road to God is straight , hard and narrow, we must learn to work our way and get on it, for we cannot walk the straight and narrow with out effort, ?

I think we can see the wolves every where by their fruits, and so let us stay away from the big bad wolves, and the people with Bad fruit ? thank you  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

you can not work your way to God....

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

34 minutes ago, algots said:

Philippians 2:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

No one is saying one works TO GET saved. They are saying you work BECAUSE you are saved.

correct, exactly, it is by faith , that we do what we do , not a work that is to achieve a goal, but for the salvation is there, and the spirit guides, and we work,  or produce fruits presentable, and with obedience to a awesome and holy God,, thank you ALgots, you understood, what I meant

blessing and peace

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06

On 01/04/2016 at 11:11 PM, SINNERSAVED said:

I think the wolves are starting to out number the sheep, and so , what can we do ? for the road to God is straight , hard and narrow, we must learn to work our way and get on it, for we cannot walk the straight and narrow with out effort, ?

I think we can see the wolves every where by their fruits, and so let us stay away from the big bad wolves, and the people with Bad fruit ? thank you  

cant help thinking about the tree of knowledge and how frightfully clever people have become ...get a headache from all the long winded academic front. where is the fruit from all this "cleverness" then.

argument on argument is all i see.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,785
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is in the simple that God overcomes the puffed up in the pride of life... all that is here is bound by begin and end! So
those immersed in pride of here are bound also! All that are delivered from here have their mind set on there
yet not here but in faith live as though it were... Love, Steven

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Agendas or Blind?  Both.

I thought I would jump in here on this thread. Something moved me so I will just speak.

I have been called a false prophet, a wolf in sheep's clothing so many times that I can not count them any longer. I used to find it heartbreaking to be called these names. I have even been called Satan, devil, demon, Jezebel and inside the church when I have given my Testimony of the Lord. I am not new age, or anything outside of my belief in the bible and my belief that Yeshua is alive! He is truly alive!

I am neither a wolf nor Satan nor confused on who this is. God has revealed himself to me in a different way then others but that does not mean it is not God. People still say that this is the devil and not God. So is this an agenda or blindness on their part? It is blindness. They do not realize what they are doing.

Everything that Yeshua has done in my life, whether  it be hearing Him speak, giving me a vision, or having a prophetic word is lined up with scripture - yet still my testimony of the Lamb is slaughtered - the words of God twisted or not understood. They are thrown back and told that they are worthless. God is not worthless. When all of these things happened years ago I thought that the church would be so happy and excited by these things! They were not. They were angry! They were slanderous! They rejected the truth! I was shocked by the reaction - sorrowful - frightened for them.

I used to cry out of frustration due to all of the false doctrine, the word of God mixed with occult and especially the false prophets being believed over the true prophets. Yes. There really are people out there who are hearing from God. People have come to stone me and bash my head in as they rant and rave with anger.  "Who has established somebody like you to be a prophet? You are no prophet!"

My answer - chuckle - is always the same. "Yeshua anointed me and established me - no man." Yes. Out of nowhere. An unlearned person of the bible - a nobody nothing - a waitress?  a sinner? How can this be? I didn't ask for these things, nor did I pray for these things. I had no idea of spiritual gifts until Yeshua spoke to me a verse and then took me to "Spiritual Gifts."  I didn't follow Jesus nor did I care one way or another when these things began to happen to me many years ago.

I see it even today, clearly. People will run after hogwash doctrine, New Age, prosperity gospel, they will arrive in droves to listen to another who has self anointed themselves for a position in the church that God did not call them forth to do. It amazes me to watch - and sometimes righteous indignation over what I see. Seriously. They will tell the people lies that are contrary to what the Lord shows and speaks to me. They believe the liars and the wolves willingly.

It has been especially painful because I love the Lord and would give my life to the Lord for the Glory of the Lord. I can not even stand up and speak the truth of my Testimony of the Lamb without a crew of supposed followers of Yeshua coming to slaughter and try to take my testimony down and trample it. They call it every bad name under the sun except what it is - the truth. I always find that interesting.

What is the agenda for that? Is there an agenda? Is it blindness? Is it the devil attempting to silence my wonderful testimony?

I know that being called these names had made me stumble so many times in the past, often I would lay on my face for weeks suffering over these type of words from Christians. I have learned much by all of these things and I no longer let it upset me and I have a ROAR that shakes people with the truth.

Their agenda is not an agenda but blindness to the Living God. His words truly are living and He is alive! How do I know? Because who can have visions, dreams and even have Yeshua and His presence there speaking and not believe it is Him? These very things that have happened to me - he has shown me in the bible afterwords! Even Jewish customs and holidays - things I knew nothing of nor did I care to. Thank goodness for a bible and Google search and Hebrew translations.

Can you imagine YOU being a person who does not know anything of the Bible or scripture and then having all of these things happen and then being taken to the bible to see it in words! THIS is how I know that the words of the Holy Bible are true. Not because a Christian told me so - on the contrary. It is completely delightful and spectacular! It does not matter what anyone believes or thinks any longer - it only matters that I know and keep marching forward with my eyes focused on only Him. He does nothing for no purpose and He is the finisher of the work that He started. That is what I know. That is why others can not move me, shake me or make me stop believing on Him. I know it is Yeshua!

Only now, after this long walk of very long suffering do I know and understand how to identify the wolves and the false prophets and the agenda's of others. Yes. Some have a clear agenda and it has nothing to do with Yeshua. It is about money, fame, fortune - worldly things of the flesh.

I can see them perfectly by their pointing to themselves, or a false doctrine, or another Jesus.  I have realized after all of these years that the multitudes who do this type of name calling - are not necessarily all pharisees but some really do not understand the Spirit of God or the revelation through scriptures and they do this to other people unawares. They are blind to who they hurt and even more blind to the repercussions of going against a person who is upright and true and is speaking the truth in delight about the King existing!

There is a true agenda of a 'force' Satan that is trying to kill off Jesus again. That force is at work as we speak. THAT IS THE AGENDA! But then there are those who are sheep of the Lord's but they are lost and they do not even realize that they are lost. They are the leaders in our churches and they are lost sheep unawares. Does this make sense? 

They are blind to the revelation of scriptures at this time. These are the ones who read and study but never come to the knowledge and deny the power within. Does this make them wolves trying to tear down the Testimony of the Living God in the Bible and the church? No. They do not realize what they are doing and they are blind at this time but never-the-less they are a contributor to killing of Jesus.

I sit from afar behind a computer and watch the true wolves in the sheepfold pulling God's people away with false doctrine, lying divination, false prophecy, self-anointed and self-anointed positions. The people seem to gravitate to the wolves. Strange really. I try not to question what God is doing because the glimpses that I receive are like mere grains of sand compared to the Greatness and Power of Yeshua.

The agenda should always be YESHUA. Pointing your finger to Yeshua. When we stay aware of where our finger is pointing...everything else falls into place. If we lose focus of why we are studying the scripture, why we are learning about God, we forget about being 'fishers of men' and that is truly what our mission is for Him. 

Many blessings to you all. JG