• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

5 hours ago, *Zion* said:

You're missing the point.  The standard is God's Word, not the church's word.  We answer to God, not to man's logic.  There are churches out there who try to disguise their logic as God's Word, but that is what we call twisting God's Word to suit man's liking.  Usually, there is conviction of this when it happens, unless one does it so much that they just become insensitive to the Holy Spirit's leading.  

Believe it or not, there are actually churches out there who seek out and walk in the Holy Spirit's leading.  There are actually those who know they have overcome the devil in Christ (not in themselves). Should they be labelled as false 'just in case' so that we cover all the bases?  Where does that leave us?  We are supposed to be united, and stand together against the wolves, not pointing the finger at everyone.  That is what i would class as paranoid, and not conducive to rectifying the problem. 

Zion,  I see algots has the passion for what is truth , and He has stood for the word, and I have seen what opposes the word ,try to blind side him, yet, God is the focus, and the truth is to be told and he stands strong, and we should all stand strong in the word and be confident, and not be swayed, and as warriors , prayer warriors and bond servants to God in the highest, and to bring the word to those that deny ,, and I see what you are also saying, and you are correct,? that the spirit leads, and we are to know how to spot ,the wolves from the sheep, but with enough truth , we can see what is a lie, for if we are fully immersed in truth , the lie will stick out ,  and be exposed, and, we all can see the wolves hiding in sheeps clothing, it cant hide it self ,for we also know that good fruit does not come from bad trees,

blessings to you Zion, you have a calm spirit of your self, and I really think, that God is speaking through you , for your heart , seems right .and I appreciate your witness and comments , thank you and blessings to you , ......shalom

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

5 hours ago, algots said:

And you're missing the point.

Whoever is interpreting God's Word with their own personal bend will determine which side of the aisle they're on. I, seriously, don't know of anyone who considers themselves a wolf if sheep's clothing out to destroy the work of God. Yet, if they come into your group, you will consider them one. As if, you enter into theirs, they will consider you one.

Just as you think your interpretation of Scripture is the "right way", so do they. Just as you think you're following the Holy Spirit, so do they. Just as you view them as being wrong, so they view you as wrong.

The way you see them is the way they see you.

I'm not interested in logical interpretation, but God's revelation of His Word - that is real truth.  If people have logically determined that I am a wolf, I cannot help them.  What we need is discernment, not finger-pointing paranoia.  God has the final say, and the only say where His Word is concerned.  Not man.

If Jesus says that the wolves are there, I'm not going to argue with Him, but I have the responsibility of guarding my heart against what I KNOW is not of God.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

13 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

you are correct, many say it is not by works, and I say that's a lie, we are not called to be Gods people and not lift a finger ,

we have to be giving of our selves and we need to be of  the fathers will as Jesus was not about works, but guidance and producing good fruits, we are to produce good fruits by what we are giving in the word of God the parable, of the talents, is about us, doing and planting and making more for the God we serve,  this is the right way , not the works of men or obsticals or rituals or man made things

but to do through our faith , for James said let me see faith with out works, ? it cannot be done, we are driven by the Holy spirit to good works, and we do this which is our belief and duty , as believers of the light , and the salt, if the salt loses its taste, then we are not doing any thing , in the works of bring the word to a dark and taste less world , so james, gives a great way of how this works,

thank you gdemoss great post, and let the faith in you produce good works, unto the lord, ...amen brother

I seek to understand my brother's and sisters better.  Thank you for confirming that I do.

13 hours ago, algots said:

Philippians 2:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

This verse is a perfect example of why accurate Biblical interpretation is needed. It does not say what most think it means. Most see this and think it admonishes a worked base salvation. But the meaning doesn't even come close to that.

The phrase "work out", in it's original and true meaning, is a mining term.

When there was a mine, the people would extract, or work out, or bring out by means of work, the mineral(s) from the mine. That is what this verse means. It implies the mining of Salvation. You have this deposit of minerals in this mine of Salvation and you are expected to "work out", mine, or extract the minerals of this Salvation. It implies that Salvation already exists. It doesn't tell you to facilitate Salvation, but to prove Salvation by bringing our (working out) what is already laying underneath.

Hopefully, now, people will start seeing this verse for what it really means. Prove you are saved.

Algots, this is my heart exactly.  Thank you for showing me that I am not alone.

11 hours ago, algots said:

There you go...discernment.

This is what the American form of Christianity lacks. And what's even worse, they don't even care.

Yes, discernment.  Good.  Some Christians have it, and some just think they do.  We have to be very careful about what we claim to know, especially about these matters.

On 4/12/2016 at 4:32 PM, SINNERSAVED said:

Zion,  I see algots has the passion for what is truth , and He has stood for the word, and I have seen what opposes the word ,try to blind side him, yet, God is the focus, and the truth is to be told and he stands strong, and we should all stand strong in the word and be confident, and not be swayed, and as warriors , prayer warriors and bond servants to God in the highest, and to bring the word to those that deny ,, and I see what you are also saying, and you are correct,? that the spirit leads, and we are to know how to spot ,the wolves from the sheep, but with enough truth , we can see what is a lie, for if we are fully immersed in truth , the lie will stick out ,  and be exposed, and, we all can see the wolves hiding in sheeps clothing, it cant hide it self ,for we also know that good fruit does not come from bad trees,

blessings to you Zion, you have a calm spirit of your self, and I really think, that God is speaking through you , for your heart , seems right .and I appreciate your witness and comments , thank you and blessings to you , ......shalom

Shalom SinnerSaved, I agree with what you say, and I can also see what algots is saying, but I guess he and I see things from a slightly different perspective.  God bless you both.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Zion.....

Been a while,huh? Happy to be here & to see you,miss ya!     Good OP,,,,,

Prophetic or paranoid?

Consider the constant yet subtle trickle of New Age ideas and practices into the church.

Consider the types of messages that are popular with people today: physical prosperity, say so and it happens, once-saved always saved - which all have some truth but the delivery of which leaves very valid questions.

Consider the increase in religiosity and legalism that seem to seek to undermine simple, foundational faith.

Is there an agenda behind all this that ties it together?  Are there agents pushing this agenda forward?  Wolves in sheeps' clothing, so to speak? Or simply not?

Thoughts welcome, let's reason together instead of arguing though.  That's always far more pleasant :)

God bless you.

Not paranoid in the least,not coming from you but you do not have a spirit of " pride",,,,,,,The thing is many will cry out "wolf,wolf" but in reality they may not have ears to hear nor eyes to see.......

Truly,that is why it is so important to e firmly ESTABLISHED in Gods Word & to pray discernment by the Power of the Holy Spirit.........to be ' well read" does not mean that one will know the goats from the lambs or the wolves from the sheep,,,,,,,,,,without God's Wisdom & Understanding one will have no knowledge of what is being told them,,,,,,or even what they themselves are talking about

I have considered the things you say,what messages are being poured out  today(flooded),,,,,yes,there is an agenda,there is an agent,,,,,,,it is the same ole agent with the same old agenda,,,,,,,,,,,,,satan,the father of lies & how better to deceive than with confusion,mixing truth with lies

2 Corinthians 11:13-15For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 4/12/2016 at 10:32 AM, SINNERSAVED said:

Romans 16:17-18

I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

1 hour ago, *Zion* said:

Shalom SinnerSaved, I agree with what you say, and I can also see what algots is saying, but I guess he and I see things from a slightly different perspective.  God bless you both.

thank you for your response, appreciate your kindness Zion,'

blessings to you  shalom

31 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

Really ?

22 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Zion.....

Been a while,huh? Happy to be here & to see you,miss ya!     Good OP,,,,,

Not paranoid in the least,not coming from you but you do not have a spirit of " pride",,,,,,,The thing is many will cry out "wolf,wolf" but in reality they may not have ears to hear nor eyes to see.......

Truly,that is why it is so important to e firmly ESTABLISHED in Gods Word & to pray discernment by the Power of the Holy Spirit.........to be ' well read" does not mean that one will know the goats from the lambs or the wolves from the sheep,,,,,,,,,,without God's Wisdom & Understanding one will have no knowledge of what is being told them,,,,,,or even what they themselves are talking about

I have considered the things you say,what messages are being poured out  today(flooded),,,,,yes,there is an agenda,there is an agent,,,,,,,it is the same ole agent with the same old agenda,,,,,,,,,,,,,satan,the father of lies & how better to deceive than with confusion,mixing truth with lies

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Thanks dear Kwik, as ever very sage words.  So good to have you back, looking forward to seeing more of you around here, although I'm not on the threads as much these days, but now see you I have added incentive, so all good! :D

21 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

So true, MG.  We are actually told to avoid them.  Jesus wants to unite us in love, but the enemy wants to tear us apart, because he knows that we have even more strength when we are united against him.  But God is on the throne!  And when He arises, His enemies scatter.