fayec

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The prophet Daniel spoke of an abomination that would be occurring on earth in the last days, and in Matthew 24:15 Jesus also spoke of that abomination, and He said in regards to His second coming,

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,  (whoso readeth, let him understand)"

Most if not all modern-day Christians believe that "the holy place" Jesus spoke of, is a reference to a rebuilt temple over in Jerusalem, but, considering that the Churches had not yet been established when Jesus made the statement, is it possible that He meant to say,

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the Church?"

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, fayec said:

The prophet Daniel spoke of an abomination that would be occurring on earth in the last days, and in Matthew 24:15 Jesus also spoke of that abomination, and He said in regards to His second coming,

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,  (whoso readeth, let him understand)"

Most if not all modern-day Christians believe that "the holy place" Jesus spoke of, is a reference to a rebuilt temple over in Jerusalem, but, considering that the Churches had not yet been established when Jesus made the statement, is it possible that He meant to say,

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the Church?"

Thoughts anyone?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, fayec said:

Thoughts anyone?

I think we recently had a thread on this.  In summary, my thought on it is that there will be both a natural and spiritual fulfillment.  When Jesus used the word "understand" (let the reader understand) He usually meant to also look beyond the obvious application to a spiritual one.

The natural implication of the "abomination which makes desolate" is the false prophet declaring to be God (abomination) and then attacking Israel sending them fleeing into the wilderness (making desolate).  I don't think the "holy place" is necessarily a reference to a temple but it might be.

The spiritual implication is shortly thereafter when everyone is mandated to worship the image (spiritual abomination) or be put to death (causing spiritual desolation).  The false prophet attempts to enthrone himself as God in the hearts and minds of everyone, a place that he should not occupy.

This natural / spiritual duality can be seen at the end of Revelation 12 where the dragon persecutes the woman who flees and is protected and then her offspring are attacked, those who hold to the testimony of Jesus.

Found the thread.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

I am not going to say that I have the answers in order, but what I do know is ,from my understanding of what scripture tells me, and what, my view is, may not agree with many , and that is okay , but I will share what I believe it to be true, and it is my opinion,

in the book of matthew #24 Jesus is telling His disciples , only not the people, it is to the people that have to stay strong and endure until the end with the persecution and killing and it is in that time, of  the temple that was already there, to look at,

he tells them kingdom against kingdom famines and quakes but it is the beginning of the horrors to come ,many will fall back into sin and betray and hate each other but those that endure until the end shall be saved ?and the good news preached until the ends of the earth and then the end will come, and so when you see?

what was spoken of in Daniel standing ion the holy place then those in JUDEA must flee to the Judean hills those on the porches must not go back into the house to grab your things ? those in the fields not return home for their clothes Woe to the pregnant women ,with babies in those days and pray your flight is not in the winter, or on the Sabbath for there will be persecution  such as the world has never seen in fact unless those days be shorten all mankind will perish but they will be shorten for the sake of Gods people ,(the living bible)

so this is saying , that it is immediately , and that the house of the holy is polluted by them/who is standing ,in the where they should not be, WARNING to them, in 70 ad the assyrian soldiers of Rome came to wipe out and destroy the temple  I believe, and there was no escape, but to the hills of the Judean hills, for the army of romans soldiers coming in from that side, had for a odd reason turned around and went back ,leaving that part open for refuge and safety if they made into the hills and so some people were saved, or got out free,

and so not all was killed, BUT ,Jesus warned them , before hand and told them , the Warning , 70 ad ,it has already happened, past history ,and so we are not looking for that,, we see that at the chapter 24 ,verse 23, I believe it to tell of the future, to beware and warns us, for today ? this is what I believe,so the people he just told the story to, has gone through and the temple is destroyed, many were killed, and it was a full on blood bath, so the judgment was set and Jerusalem paid the price for disobedience and rejection of God,

also note, many do not, want to believe, but ? Jesus did not really tell them a lie that he is not coming back at that time, but He is coming back, but if the faithful thought that He was not coming back then they would have all ran , for they would have no hope , and endure until the end as they have done, as it is yesterday and the saints of today you and me , we are promised of his return and yes He is coming,

but if we give up that hope , we have no hope to believe in,and today they say where is the blessed hope you have talked about and has not come yet, the mockers and the hates and those that are turning away now , and as we are rejecting God today in our country and in our society , and our lives we are being tested on who is faithful and who is not, who really believes ? and who does not , the testing of your faith is today , tomorrow, and until the end , and he /she that endures until the end shall be saved as it is told in the first three chapters of revelation and then it no longer shows the church as a group but are now told about the saints, it is the spirit filled people .

hear what the spirit says to the churches, they that endure until the end shall be saved, so how long ? no one knows, but there is signs to look at, and they fall on the feast days, or Gods feast days to come the appointed times, that we are to be watching,

as we do today to warn people of the coming antichrist, and beast system, and the persecution and what people refuse to take and heed today , and that everything is as it was ,and no one is worried, evil is at the door, and we need to be in Christ as Christ is in us, and one with God as god is with us, being in the holy spirit in our temples, awaiting the blessed hope, and doing Gods work and reaching out to save and to point to the cross for all to see the love of God and the hope we have with in us, and for the time ahead? to come?

do not let anyone deceive you !! for we will suffer , and have tribulation, Jesus tells us this, and so , we need to prepare our selves and know when we are facing persecution and death in the face, we are not afraid , for we are over comers, and Jesus is there waiting for us, when it is all said and done,.

blessing and peace , and seek God today ,we do not know what tomorrow will bring . amen ...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

No.

On March 28, 2016 at 9:05 AM, fayec said:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Since the backstory takes place in Jerusalem, it's a safe bet that the 'holy place' is a temple.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

22 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

No.

the statement of that #24 , and that chapter, up to the verse of 23 , has already taken place, it is now history , and its not about the new temple they want to build today , which would really be silly for the final and once and for all sacrifice has been done, paid in full by Yahushua and so ,

today people want to believe it has not happened, but it has, and so the churches are preaching something that the temple is going to be built and the sacrifices started back up, this is crazy, but yes the temple is in the works, and they do want to do this again, but it is all in vain, for the real Jerusalem temple of God comes down from the heavens , the new , and un made with hands,  with its twelve Gates for the twelve tribes and so on described in revelation,

many that has already happen people today are looking to the future , and missing the whole word of God and not understanding scripture to be taken literally or to take as symbols and metaphors , so we can see that , what are we looking for now , ?

what is the signs, ? all we have now is that the lawless one be revealed , and the apostacy of the people the falling away of yahuwa,

there is no other sign really needed, so any of this can happen any time, but !! with in the appointed times of God , Gods feast Days,

not just any time,per se, but in the year, that is determind to end the trsansgressions of sin and put a end to evil and be destroyed , for good,, but we also have a system , a beast system that will usher this end time to the brink, the vision of the lawless one that is able to enforce the taking of the mark of the beast , this is the next sign to see,, I believe to be so, my opinion , and its so , so , so , close, we will see it , for it is in this generation,  so don't mis understand me , this is my view and take as far as what to look for ?, thank you

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, SINNERSAVED said:

the statement of that #24 , and that chapter, up to the verse of 23 , has already taken place, it is now history , and its not about the new temple they want to build today , which would really be silly for the final and once and for all sacrifice has been done, paid in full by Yahushua and so ,

today people want to believe it has not happened, but it has, and so the churches are preaching something that the temple is going to be built and the sacrifices started back up, this is crazy, but yes the temple is in the works, and they do want to do this again, but it is all in vain, for the real Jerusalem temple of God comes down from the heavens , the new , and un made with hands,  with its twelve Gates for the twelve tribes and so on described in revelation,

The Jews do not believe in Jesus as the Messiah and the sacrificial Lamb, at least not yet.  He is not the final sacrifice for them so why would it be crazy for them to rebuild the temple and resume sacrifices there?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Morning Glory,,,

Exactly & I do think that is likely to happen,perhaps in our lifetime too                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

The Jews do not believe in Jesus as the Messiah and the sacrificial Lamb, at least not yet.  He is not the final sacrifice for them so why would it be crazy for them to rebuild the temple and resume sacrifices there?

Most Jews do not believe in Jesus as the Messiah and the sacrificial Lamb. Some do. I agree with the last statement. Since most do not believe, some Jewish people view the OT Mosaic law as binding and rebuilding the Temple with sacrifices is something which would be required.