IGNORED

the "holy place"

fayec

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 1:40 AM, fayec said:
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 7:05 AM, fayec said:

The prophet Daniel spoke of an abomination that would be occurring on earth in the last days, and in Matthew 24:15 Jesus also spoke of that abomination, and He said in regards to His second coming,

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,  (whoso readeth, let him understand)"

Most if not all modern-day Christians believe that "the holy place" Jesus spoke of, is a reference to a rebuilt temple over in Jerusalem, but, considering that the Churches had not yet been established when Jesus made the statement, is it possible that He meant to say,

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the Church?"

Thoughts anyone?

From Wiki concerning Simo ben Giora....

"In August 70, five months after the siege began, Jerusalem fell to Titus. Simon escaped into the subterranean passages of the city. By means of stone cutters he tried to dig away into freedom, but ran out of food before he could finish. Clothed in the garments of a Judean king he rose out of the ground at the very spot where the Temple had stood,[10] was taken prisoner and brought to Rome"

"This internal fighting later proved disastrous: not only was this a sabbatical year (with less grain available), but the city was under siege by the time the harvest began.[6] Nevertheless, of the leaders of the rebellion, Simon in particular was regarded with reverence and awe.[7]By his authority, coins were minted declaring the redemption of Zion"

Mt 24:34  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
Mr 13:30  Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
Lu 21:32  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

4 hours ago, other one said:

Are you aware that in Washington DC in the Masonic temple down the street from the Capitol complex the 33 degree Masons hold a ritual that is supposed by their beliefs to raise Osiris so he can instill himself into our presidents and guide himm in leading the country.

Yes. America's role in the whole Abomination of Desolation scenario is still to be understood.

Getting back to the Temple Mount -- wouldn't it just be like God's wicked sense of humor to let the Romans and later the Muslims pridefully think they had wiped out all trace of the Temple, only for the site of it to then be exposed during the key period of the End Times?

From Cornuke's website:

"It may be surprising to some, but in the fourth century, people were trying to find the lost sites of the former temples of Solomon and Herod. They simply did not know where the temple sites were placed. In 70 AD the temple was completely and utterly uprooted by the Romans, thus fulfilling Christ’s prophesy that not one stone would be standing upon another there. The temple was eradicated from all recognition, so much so that no one could even tell that the building had ever existed. So, in the next 300 years, with so many Jews having been killed or expelled from the land, people were not sure where the correct location of the temple was..." http://www.baseinstitute.org/pages/temple/22

Bob Cornuke says it is entirely within the City of David, currently under Jewish control and still being excavated.

Norma Robertson says part of it is under Jewish control, the other part under the south end of the Temple Mount, which is under Muslim control.

If Bob is right, then the coming of the Son of Perdition to the original Holy Place would soon be possible.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It's my understanding from reading Josephus that the Roman army even dug up the foundation stones looking for the gold that had run into the seams between the stones.   There literally was nothing left there but the threshing floor...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 5:59 PM, Ezra said:

That would make absolutely no sense whatsoever for the following reasons:

1. The prophecy concerning the Abomination of Desolation is in Daniel, and relates to the Jews, Jerusalem, and the Temple in Jerusalem.

2. Christ already foretold the destruction of the second Temple, and saw the third Temple as having been rebuilt and the Abomination of Desolation erected there by the Antichrist (the Beast, the Man of Sin).

3. The Church is NOT a building.  It is the entire Body of redeemed Jews and Gentiles since Pentecost, and is in fact an invisible entity. What we see externally are churches, but not the Church.

4. When Satan takes control of this earth and the Abomination of Desolation is set up. the Church will already be in Heaven.

>>>The prophecy concerning the Abomination of Desolation is in Daniel, and relates to the Jews, Jerusalem, and the Temple in Jerusalem.<<<

I don't believe so.  In chapter 7, verses 24-26 Daniel explained via symbols whom the end-time scriptures are about, for notice:

23.  Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth.....

24.  And the ten horns, (and the people) out of this kingdom are ten kings (are European Americans) that shall arise: (Notice that John spoke of these same ten kings upon Babylon the great in Revelation 17:12)  and another (another ten horns, called "man of lawlessness") shall rise after the ten kings; and he

shall be diverse from the ten kings,

and shall subdue three generations of them,

and shall speak great words against them,

and shall wear out the saints among them,

and shall think to change the times and laws of the ten kings,

and the laws shall be given into his hand until a time, and times and the dividing of time.

And they shall take away the dominion of the ten kings, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, fayec said:

and the laws shall be given into his hand until a time, and times and the dividing of time.

This is a reference to the Antichrist's rule for 3 1/2 years from Jerusalem, where he (the Man of Sin) will sit as God.  It will affect the whole world, but the focus is on Jerusalem. Please study @ 2 Thessalonians.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/28/2016 at 10:05 AM, fayec said:

The prophet Daniel spoke of an abomination that would be occurring on earth in the last days, and in Matthew 24:15 Jesus also spoke of that abomination, and He said in regards to His second coming,

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,  (whoso readeth, let him understand)"

That's how I would describe it also: "an abomination that would be occurring on earth in the last days". Something that would be "set up" and could be seen "standing" in "the holy place".

Most if not all modern-day Christians believe that "the holy place" Jesus spoke of, is a reference to a rebuilt temple over in Jerusalem, but, considering that the Churches had not yet been established when Jesus made the statement, is it possible that He meant to say,

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the Church?"

Maybe, kind of, you might be close but He couldn't have been mistaken. He was only speaking the words given to Him by His Father. I think "Church" could be the "Temple" of God but that when the Antichrist takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God, it's not the same as the AofD standing in the holy place. This might be more closely related to "I will sit on the mount of assembly". And "We" are the "Temple" or "Assembly".

I think your point is the most important subject for right now. The main thing is to consider all of the "holy place" possibilities other than a rebuilt temple and then it might become clear what the abomination of desolation really is.

"Remove your sandals from your feet, for the "place" where you are standing is "holy." And Joshua did so. - Joshua 5:15

Most haven't recognized the earth or the ground as the holy place but when God does a thing it becomes holy, rather than the thing being holy so that God does it. Like when the "ground" became Holy for Moses and Joshua. And the Woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God.

"The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness," - Revelation 12:14

The woman, God's people, were given the two wings so that she could escape from the dragon to the "place" prepared for her. This "place prepared for her in the wilderness" by default became the "holy place". Like a solid rocket booster on the space shuttle Discovery, wing # 1 was used up during the 1260 years of papal persecution from 538 to 1798. Wing # 2 is still burning it's propellant pending the beast's 42 months of end time authority. 

This is also confirmed as Revelation addresses two sets of souls beneath the alter. Those who are there now are from the 1260 years in the Fox Book style who were told to wait a little longer for those of us who are going to join them during our end time tribulation. It also ties in with when the dragon became furious at the conclusion of his 1st 1260 year long failed attempt to destroy the woman and then takes an intermission going off to make war preparations on the 2nd group the "rest of her offspring", the end time saints who keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus. We are living in this intermission.

Why this is important to piece together is so that the final generation can understand that "a place" prepared by God by default becomes the "holy place" and without this realization we may never recognize the abomination of desolation standing there. So many people are looking the other way for another temple to be built that maybe they don't really want to recognize it, so I find it fascinating to see it standing right here in our own back yard where it "ought not to be". The woman was given the two wings and these wings can only be given by God.

"And how I bore you on eagles' wings, and brought you to Myself." - Exodus 19:4

"Do you know the "laws" of the heavens, or can you "set up" their rule over "the earth"?" - Job 38:33

I copied these news headlines to help show how "laws" could be "set up" and made to "stand":

"The Supreme Court legalized same-sex marriage across the United States in a divided ruling that will stand as one of the major milestones in its 226-year history.

"This decision will not stand': Republicans seek common cause against same-sex marriage.

Like in the days of Lot.

Leviticus 18:

22You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

23And you shall not lie with any animal and so make yourself unclean with it, neither shall any woman give herself to an animal to lie with it: it is perversion.

24“Do not make yourselves unclean by any of these things, for by all these the nations I am driving out before you have become unclean,

25and the land became unclean, so that I punished its iniquity, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 

26But you shall keep my statutes and my rules and do none of these abominations, either the native or the stranger who sojourns among you

27(for the people of the land, who were before you, did all of these abominations, so that the land became unclean),

28lest the land vomit you out when you make it unclean, as it vomited out the nation that was before you.

29For everyone who does any of these abominations, the persons who do them shall be cut off from among their people.

30So keep my charge never to practice any of these abominable customs that were practiced before you, and never to make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.”

Peaceful Sabbath.