IGNORED

Should Christians Be Part of More than 1 Church at the Same Time??

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Should a Bible Believing Christian Be Part of More Than 1 Church Or Church Fellowship at the Same Time ,especially if they are different Denomanations or Interfaith Churches?

I Believe its not in the best interest for one do so, from experience, I was not accepted by one church or the other cause I was not able to be fully committed to 1 or the other.So I stay in My Religious Religion Faith their if you do this you can be part of Ministries within them best.

A-gif file-A Church111AA.gif

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

no stay with one only

amen I fully totally agree with you on this spiritually.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

As far as I am concerned, there IS only one church, it is all believers everywhere. Nothing wrong with having a special relationship with one local body, but it is not a marriage, you are not unfaithful if you participate at more than one, in my opinion. Sometime, is might be beneficial, and if you align with more than one, and they are both serving Christ, why would there be any conflict?

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

On 31/03/2016 at 9:45 PM, Prayerful Flower said:

Should a Bible Believing Christian Be Part of More Than 1 Church Or Church Fellowship at the Same Time ,especially if they are different Denomanations or Interfaith Churches?

Always follow the scriptural pattern.  Read, study, and meditate on Acts chapter 2.  Then find a sound Bible-based church (not an easy task). As for "interfaith" just tell the interfaith people that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Stay with one church. However, the most important thing is for the church to acknowledge Jesus Christ is son of a God and rose from the dead after three days. As for me, I don't agree or believe in so many church domino's out there. Because the scriptures tell us that Christ was never divided. There's a lot of corrupt doctrine out there and they try to twist the word of God. Test every spirits and ask your church leaders who Jesus Christ is? And see what they say. Seek a church that helps the poor and is out there preaching the world of God.

1 Corinthians 1  Unity in the Church "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

If your not a member of this church, your in the wrong one, according to Scripture, its that simple.

Paul never taught Jesus + some church brings salvation, Paul never taught Jesus + certain sacraments brings salvation, Paul never taught Jesus plus legalism brings salvation, Paul never taught Jesus + purgatory brings salvation, Paul never taught circumcision brings salvation, Paul taught only Jesus + nothing else brings salvation.

We cannot do anything, or add anything to all Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit did to save mankind. 

All we need do is believe in Him and in Him who sent Him.

Galatians 1: 6, I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
    7, Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
    8, But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    9, As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
    10, For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
    11, But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
    12, For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christs church is not a building or a particular religious group with some special name?  The new Testament Church, of which Jesus Christ is the head is a called out body of people of all nations who have been born again and who have lived a true Christian life and died in the faith. It also includes all those who are alive in Christ today. This present church is called the "ekklesia" of the New Testament times, called out of this world to evangelize the world in this age.

The church, in its largest signification is the whole company of redeemed in all ages, in Heaven and in Earth (Eph. 3:1-11; Heb. 12:23). It is the spiritual people who have been made members of the universial family of God. The church in this sense is the body of Christ, and it does not consist of saved and unsaved. It is not a group of individuals associated together for social and benevolent purposes, as seems to be on every hand in most worldly church gatherings. It is the body of people indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and through whom God works in the world.

The church is a supernatural body of believers filled with the presence and power of God as individuals conform to the gospel of Christ. The church is like a family in its social life, yet is unlike a family in its formation. Each local church is a part of the universal church in the broad sense.  However there are many in local churches that do not belong to the body of Christ, and therefore they are not a true part of the universal church of the New Testament.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Prayeful

This is a very good question & I do have an experience to share concerning the Topic,,,,,,,,,I was a "member " of a church for many years ,it was everything I could hope for in a House of Praise & Worship and sadly,the Pastor & his wife were killed in an auto accident. To make a long story short,I was perplexed,the entire congregation scattered like sheep with their shepherd gone,few stayed but the rest of us went from church to church,,,,,,,we still,to this day are united by our Faith as the Body of Christ,the true "church" but we all gather at different places.......

I was deliberating between 2 & 3 churches,not sure what to do because they do hope you will be a "member" of their congregation,,,,,,,I prayed,I prayed ,I prayed my Lord give me the answer as I felt this one pulling me & that one pulling me and I felt I could be useful & effective in all 3........I fell asleep & had a dream,perhaps I was not asleep,I'm not sure really but none-the -less   there stood Jesus,smiling & He said to me"Child,they are ALL MY churches,,,,,,,,go & tell the 3 Pastors to use you as they will and that I never made "membership" requirements,they did'

I said,"How can I tell them that Lord,I don't know what to say?"   He answered" Trust ME,have I ever left you before,I will give you the Words"

Anyway,I did,,,,,,the 3 Pastors acknowledged & accepted what I told them,I went to all the churches,I believe I did what I was sent to do & now ,it is done,,,,,,,,,,,,,,back to wondering where the Lord would have me?  I wait,listen,ask.............................To God be the Glory!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

As far as your question,,,,,I have no comment,ask the Lord,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WE ARE the Church

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Our church doesn't have a formal membership;.  They expect you to serve as you always have and as you become aware of things that need to be done..    

We often have people come who don't get fed in their local churches.  Some go directly from their church service to ours.  Sometimes the rest of the family goes to that church but it doesn't fill one person's hunger for the Word.  So they come.  Or they may come to a service at a different time at our church.    The children may have good friends in their traditional church and they don't want to uproot them.  Others send their children to ours because of the active youth program.  

One of our sons has gone to another denomination because his family wanted a freer form of worship.  But his daughter has remained in our youth group where she is active.  She also brings her nephew to sunday school, and she helps to teach sunday school.  It can get very complicated.  But another grandson felt excluded there and found a small Methodist Bible study and prayer group that he attends.