• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

16 hours ago, Daniel23 said:

I have read through all these comments and there is obviously an inherent problem with the entire current Daniel translation of the "sevens" (or shavui'ym in Daniel 9:24-26 and shavua in 9:27) as "weeks of years".. It doesn't work. It doesn't work for the "seven sevens" and the "sixty two sevens"... And it doesn't work for the last seven. There is only one decree to rebuild Jerusalem in the bible and it is the decree of Cyrus. The reason that people keep trying to convince us that it had to be Artaxerxes is because that is the only way the math works. The problem with this is, even if we were to accept that Artaxerxes made a decree that was not explicit in the word of God, it would make the prophecies in Isaiah 44:28 and 45:1-13 false. 

So if the first 69 "sevens" aren't solved why would the last be any different. 

I wrote a post a few days ago explaining an entirely different interpretation of Daniel, that shows that the shavui'ym, which was a word unique to Daniel 9, was not "weeks of years", but rather periods with 7's... And these 3 separate "sevens" are each different units of times... With the last 7 being a literal week. On my post I show that this calculation leads from the decree of Cyrus to the exact day of the beginning of the last seven (Jesus' last week) on Wed. April 14th, 34AD. In the middle of that week he kicks the merchants out of the temple, causing the sacrifice and offerings to cease and tells the Pharisees to destroy the temple and he will rebuild it in three days (speaking of His body). This whole series of events is how he causes the abomination that leads to the desolation... (He knows that they are going to kill Him after that). 

The problem is with a lot of the arguments that I see on this subject is that they are all based on the same broken premise that the "shavui'ym" are weeks of years... If that was the true interpretation of these verses, then it would lead from Cyrus to Jesus... Since it doesn't, it cannot be true.

Stay Blessed!

Daniel

But it does.  7 Sevens and 62 Sevens from the issuing of the decree to the death of Jesus.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

If you are referring to the widely accepted interpretation, you are not correct. 

If you are referring to the one I shared, then you are correct. 

In either case a little more detail would have been helpful. :)

13 hours ago, Daniel23 said:

If you are referring to the widely accepted interpretation, you are not correct. 

If you are referring to the one I shared, then you are correct. 

In either case a little more detail would have been helpful. :)

Then you must be able to figure out what a time, times and half a time represents.

In Christ

Montana Marv

A time of times and a half a time you mean?

2500 years

35 minutes ago, Daniel23 said:

A time of times and a half a time you mean?

2500 years

One half of a Seven Day Week or 3 1/2 Years.

According to what you believe, the Two Witness will give prophecy for 2500 years. Then they will lie in the streets for a number of years before they go up into Heaven. Most believe it will be for 3 1/2 years or 1260 days.  Or one half of a prophetic week.

In Christ

Montana Marv

1 hour ago, Montana Marv said:

Then you must be able to figure out what a time, times and half a time represents.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I am sorry.. I must've missed that part. I thought we were talking about Daniel... When the Angels were discussing when the events would take place. I don't recall anywhere in Daniel where they mention witnesses? Are we reading different bibles? 

I answered in the spirit of your question. Honestly, I have wrestled with that verse a few times and the only sense of it I could make was in an interpretation that I read somewhere stating it was a "time of times and a half a time" as opposed to "time, times and a half a time". And that is only because of working backwards from now. No magic. No revelation. Just guesswork that is worth about as much as the other interpretations.

I would be glad to entertain a real conversation with you, but it has to be based on more than a "gotcha" strategy. Kinda like the Pharisees. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/2/2016 at 8:48 AM, Last Daze said:

I've yet to hear a good explanation as to how a covenant can be confirmed for seven years when it's broken in the middle, or am I missing something?

I will explain it to you.   It is not a peace treaty for 7 years as is traditionally considered.

The confirmation of the covenant for seven years - pertains to confirming the Mt. Sinai covenant.    Back in Deuteronomy 31:9-13, as the children of Israel were about to enter the promised land, Moses made a requirement that all future generations would have to hear the law read to them from the place of God's choosing (which the Jews consider the temple mount) on the feast of tabernacles - every 7 years.

So that is confirming the covenant for 7 years.     The confirming will be by the Antichrist, as the Jews currently interpret the new covenant in Jeremiah 31 we know to be in Christ, as being a "renewal" of the Mt. Sinai covenant.    So it will appear to them as every thing is happening as they thought.

The person who will break or transgress the covenant will be the Antichrist, who will at that time be the King of Israel, by going into the temple, sitting, claiming to be God.    That particular act is called the transgression of desolation (in Daniel 8).    And God has him killed for it.

Afterward, in disdain for the person, God brings him back to life, as he becomes the beast of Revelation 13, and then the false prophet has an image made of the person, which is the abomination of desolation, an object, a statue.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, douggg said:

I will explain it to you.   It is not a peace treaty for 7 years as is traditionally considered.

The confirmation of the covenant for seven years - pertains to confirming the Mt. Sinai covenant.    Back in Deuteronomy 31:9-13, as the children of Israel were about to enter the promised land, Moses made a requirement that all future generations would have to hear the law read to them from the place of God's choosing (which the Jews consider the temple mount) on the feast of tabernacles - every 7 years.

So that is confirming the covenant for 7 years.     The confirming will be by the Antichrist, as the Jews currently interpret the new covenant in Jeremiah 31 we know to be in Christ, as being a "renewal" of the Mt. Sinai covenant.    So it will appear to them as every thing is happening as they thought.

The person who will break or transgress the covenant will be the Antichrist, who will at that time be the King of Israel, by going into the temple, sitting, claiming to be God.    That particular act is called the transgression of desolation (in Daniel 8).    And God has him killed for it.

Afterward, in disdain for the person, God brings him back to life, as he becomes the beast of Revelation 13, and then the false prophet has an image made of the person, which is the abomination of desolation, an object, a statue.

Of the dragon, beast, and false prophet, only one is a human, the false prophet.  Also, there is no one in Revelation called "the Antichrist".

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

57 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Of the dragon, beast, and false prophet, only one is a human, the false prophet.  Also, there is no one in Revelation called "the Antichrist".

The person when he commits the act of transgression of desolation, going into the temple, sitting, claiming to be God - the Jews will be mortified that their perceived messiah, the King of Israel - the Antichrist - has betrayed them, God, and their covenant with God, so they will refuse him as continuing as their King of Israel - ending his stage as the Antichrist.

Thus, in Revelation 13, the person is no longer in the Antichrist stage, but is now become the beast for the last 42 months. - possessed by the beast spirit ascending out of the bottomless pit

That spirit is most likely a former nephillim, who imo, is Nimrod.

Revelation 17:8 can be divided up into 17:8a and 17:8b in understanding the beast.    In 17:8a, the beast who was and is not - indicating that the person was a live, but is no longer so - Nimrod imo.   He is imprisoned there right now as an unclean spirit - what we would call a demon.

In 17:8b, the world will see the end times person, the revealed man of sin, killed, and come back to life, and will be amazed by it and deceived... the term is, was, and is not, and yet is.   God brings the person back to life in disdain for him, in Isaiah 14.     It will be the strong delusion that God sends in 2thesslonians2:10-11, for them who fell away from Christianity (the coming great falling away) and embraced the person as the messiah during the first half of the 7 years, as the Jews and the world are convinced that he is the real messiah, instead of Jesus.     And to them who believe his initial claim of being God, when he first reveals himself to be the man of sin.

So the beast is not fully human in that the person, a human, will be possessed by a demon, for that last 42 months.

8 (a) The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition:

(b) and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Edited by douggg

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

8 minutes ago, douggg said:

The person when he commits the act of transgression of desolation, going into the temple, sitting, claiming to be God - the Jews will be mortified that their perceived messiah, the King of Israel - the Antichrist - has betrayed them, God, and their covenant with God, so they will refuse him as continuing as their King of Israel - ending his stage as the Antichrist.

Thus, in Revelation 13, the person is no longer in the Antichrist stage, but is now become the beast for the last 42 months. - possessed by the beast spirit ascending out of the bottomless pit

That spirit is most likely a former nephillim, who imo, is Nimrod.

Revelation 17:8 can be divided up into 17:8a and 17:8b in understanding the beast.    In 17:8a, the beast who was and is not - indicating that the person was a live, but is no longer so - Nimrod imo.   He is imprisoned there right now as an unclean spirit - what we would call a demon.

In 17:8b, the world will see the end times person, the revealed man of sin, killed, and come back to life, and will be amazed by it and deceived... the term is, was, and is not, and yet is.   God brings the person back to life in disdain for him, in Isaiah 14.     It will be the strong deception that God sends in 2thesslonians2:10-11, for them who fell away from Christianity (the coming great falling away) and embraced the person as the messiah during the first half of the 7 years, as the Jews and the world are convinced that he is the real messiah, instead of Jesus.     And to them who believe his initial claim of being God, when he first reveals himself to be the man of sin.

So the beast is not fully human in that the person, a human, will be possessed by a demon, for that last 42 months.

8 (a) The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition:

(b) and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

The dragon is Satan.  The beast is a fallen angel.  The false prophet is a human.  Again, no one in Revelation is referred to as the Antichrist.  You can't just make up some person, call him the Antichrist, and then say that the beast possesses him at some point and then he's known as the beast.  There's no support for that.  Revelation only speaks of the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet.