• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Jeremiah 25:29 (AV)

29 For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.

Jerusalem

Jer-u-salem?

or Jeh-rush-shalem

Jeh - Yah

Rush - Rosh

Shalem - Shalom

YHVH HEAD OR PRINCE OF PEACE

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Hallelujah~!

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,
And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
Isaiah 62:6-7

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings JohnD,,,,,

Wow,I didn't even see this Thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what a great Topic!

Hallelujah~!

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,
And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
 Isaiah 62:6-7                                         posted by Fresno Joe

Amen,it is Written,Halleluyah!                                                                         With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Rev. 21:10  And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God,

Rev 21:11  having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.  

22. And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb.

Rev 21:23  And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb.

Rev 21:24  By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it,

Rev 21:25  and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there.

Rev 21:26  They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations.

Rev 21:27  But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On April 1, 2016 at 2:23 PM, JohnD said:

Jeremiah 25:29 (AV)

29 For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.

Jerusalem

Jer-u-salem?

or Jeh-rush-shalem

Jeh - Yah

Rush - Rosh

Shalem - Shalom

YHVH HEAD OR PRINCE OF PEACE

Shalom, JohnD.

I know, I know, over a month old. Still...

"Sar Shalom" means "Prince of Peace"; that's "Sar" as in its feminine form is "Sarah," meaning "Princess," and in the name "Isra'el," meaning "he is a prince to God."

Thus, it's better to say that "Jerusalem" or "Yerushalayim" is where the "Prince of Peace" shall live and reign! Also, that's not its only name:

Ezekiel 48:30-35
30 And these are the goings out of the city on the north side, four thousand and five hundred measures.
31 And the gates of the city shall be after the names of the tribes of Israel: three gates northward; one gate of Reuben, one gate of Judah, one gate of Levi.
32 And at the east side four thousand and five hundred: and three gates; and one gate of Joseph, one gate of Benjamin, one gate of Dan.
33 And at the south side four thousand and five hundred measures: and three gates; one gate of Simeon, one gate of Issachar, one gate of Zebulun.
34 At the west side four thousand and five hundred, with their three gates; one gate of Gad, one gate of Asher, one gate of Naphtali.
35 It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The Lord is there. (Hebrew: YaHuWH-Shameh.)
KJV

------R---------J---------L------
--+---+--------+--------+---+--
-- |----------------------------| --
+---------------------------+ J
-- |----------------------------| --
A +---------------------------+ B
G +---------------------------+ D
--+---+--------+--------+---+--
 ------Z---------I---------S------

Since each side is said to be 4,500 "measures" (which is the Hebrew word "middah" meaning "measurement" but related to the curtains in the Tabernacle:

Exodus 26:2
2 The length of one curtain shall be eight and twenty cubits, and the breadth of one curtain four cubits: and every one of the curtains shall have one measure (Hebrew: middah).
KJV

So, if each "measure" is 28 cubits (18 inches = 1.5 feet), then 4,500 "measures" would be 84,000 feet = 15.9090... miles. Thus, this city would be 15.9 miles long by 15.9 miles wide or 15 miles 4,800 feet long x 15 miles 4,800 feet wide.

This city will be the "newer" Jerusalem during the Millennium. It is not yet THE New Jerusalem of Revelation 21 and 22, which is SIGNIFICANTLY bigger (1,500 miles long by 1,500 miles wide by 1,500 miles high) than this model version!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Do you subscribe to the opinion that Sar is derived from sarar ?