IGNORED

the book of Jasher, should it be part of study ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Just moving on quickly now;

The Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. What blasphemy! That statement in itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches

Revelation 14:6   And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

This angel is in charge of preaching the gospel.  He could be in charge of the 7 angels of the 7 churches!  No one has ever had an angel preach to them the gospel I am sure of that, but they are in charge of the work.

Hebrews 1:7   And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

Hebrews 1:13   But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? 

Hebrews 1:14   Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

So I think it's clear, the angels have their specific duties, but were never chosen to sit at God's right hand.

So far, looking at these 2 pointers, I can't find any contradictions with the book of Enoch, but I will keep looking for contradictions.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sister......

There are many elaborations in the Book of Enoch,the details about the angels,their names,ranks,assignments etc,,,,,it does make one wonder where all this comes from,,,,,,,,I would say to anyone,be very open-minded when reading this and don't forget it is not the Bible ,,,,,,,,,,alot of the apochryphia & rcc beliefs has references that undoubtedly come from this Book & are rooted there......

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Sister......

There are many elaborations in the Book of Enoch,the details about the angels,their names,ranks,assignments etc,,,,,it does make one wonder where all this comes from,,,,,,,,I would say to anyone,be very open-minded when reading this and don't forget it is not the Bible ,,,,,,,,,,alot of the apochryphia & rcc beliefs has references that undoubtedly come from this Book & are rooted there......

Hi Kwikfilly,

Yes, I am only looking for contradictions.  As soon as I find even one, I will throw it out the window.....but it's a big book, might be here for 10 years on this thread!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Hi Sister Dear

LOL,I found many & it took much longer than 10 years,but you needn't throw it out because of them,,,,,,,,,,,there's good & not so good,,,,,,,,,,,ask the Holy Spirit for Wisdom & Understanding,not everything that is not Gods Word means it is not informative,,,,,,,you keep what's best & leave the rest....

Many times I have sat in church and heard a very good message but yet there was "one small thing" that I knew was not an accurate interpretation or simply "mis-information",,,,,,,,,,I go home,look it up & see"Yes indeed,that is NOT what the Bible says!" The message was still a good message ,,,,,,,take the best & leave the rest,,,,,,,,

That is a perfect example of why I say it is not good advice to tell anyone who has not done their due diligence in studying the Word of God,with Wisdom & Understanding,,,,,to venture outside of the Bible,,,,,,,,,,,,,

King James Bible
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding            Proverbs 3:5

With love,,,,Your Sister Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I listened to The Book of Jasher on audio last evening. Interesting. Well...Jasher is in the Bible and referenced in a few places which I found unexpectedly. I did not listen to the Book of Enoch yet. Jasher was very interesting. It seemed to me as if this had much to do with Eve, the judgment of the wicked, it sounded just as it always sounds to me when I read the bible. History is repeating itself over and over. Reiterating that one is to walk with God and not in wickedness.

I did have a few questions that stood out to me. Why did the two whelps smote the Lioness and she ran to be in the midst of the Lions? Noah wondered greatly...and so do I. It was very interesting and I am headed to listen to Enoch. Thank you to some of you who left scripture here in reference to Jasher.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

14 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

obviously you didnt even bother to open it or read it, or even do any actual research into on your own. I have read both the book of enoch, in depth, as well as the Bible, and found the book of enoch to be nothing but heresy. What is sad, is many believers to follow this book to the end, there are many believers on this site, who are so blinded by this book, that they ignore all reason, and all scripture to the contrary, and get downright violent in defense of this book. Anytime people get so "pro-active" in defending a non-canonical book, its typically a sure sign that the book is false, and satan is using it to divide the church. I would dare say it is more dangerous to a christian then the Quran, the Quran a christian knows to be false going in, but, the book of enoch mixes just enough truth in it to lure people into believing it, and then theyre hooked. Its the oldest trick in Satans arsenol-tell enough truth for people to believe you, and then they won't notice the lies until it is to late, Satan used this stunt in the garden with Adam and Eve.

In fact, I think you started this thread about Jasher, and even enoch, with the idea your already going to be biased for them, and are just looking for "justification" to do so, i.e. someone to pat you on the back. Im not going to do that, Im also not going to waste any more of my time trying to convince you otherwise-as you would obviously, rather believe the heretical book of enoch over the Word of God, and there is nothing I can say or do to convince you otherwise. I will pray that you actually take the teachings of said book, and actually compare them, to the doctrines found in the Bible, and that God convicts you, but until such time, may the Lord bless you and keep you.

14 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

it brings up some very good points-that have been brought up elsewhere sinner. I find it amazing, you will believe the book of Enoch, over this site. The book of enoch is a mockery of the Bible, in every way and form, there are many contradictions-the most obvious, can even be pointed out by sites such as this. It is not the site that is not credible, it is the book of enoch, and anyone who falsely puts any faith in it at all.

Then the Book of Jude must also be a heresy as it references Enoch. I suggest that you rip the book of Jude out of your Bible immediately!

15 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

yes it does, i have shown them over and over again. If you think it doesnt, then perhaps you need to actually read both the book and the Bible and hold them side by side.

Extra information is not the same as a contradiction, otherwise there would be no point in reading anything else at all. Besides, are you talking about the genuine Enoch or the two suspicious ones?

18 hours ago, Teditis said:

Thank you for your reply... I can't find anything about a third copy that dates back to 70AD... oh, well, I'll keep looking.

The translation I have is by Ken Johnson, if that helps.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,213
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

Hmmmm ,,,,,,,,so I went to look up to find the book of Enoch and the book of Jasher.

I found for

the book of Enoch this site : http://book-ofenoch.com/download-pdf/

and for

the book of Jasher:  http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/jasher/1.htm

Contradictions?

well I just started with Enoch and found in Chapter 22 [SECT. V.]

1. From thence I proceeded to another spot, where I saw on the west a great and lofty mountain, a strong rock, and four delightful places.

2. Internally it was deep, capacious, and very smooth; as smooth as if it had been rolled over: it was both deep and dark to behold.

3. Then Raphael, one of the holy angels who were with me, answered and said, These are the delightful places where the spirits, the souls of the dead, will be collected; for them were they formed; and here will be collected all the souls of the sons of men.

4. These places, in which they dwell, shall they occupy until the day of judgment, and until their appointed period.

5. Their appointed period will be long, even until the great judgment. And I saw the spirits of the sons of men who were dead; and their voices reached to heaven, while they were accusing.

6. Then I inquired of Raphael, an angel who was with me, and said, Whose spirit is that, the voice of which reaches to heaven, and accuses?

7. He answered, saying, This is the spirit of Abel, who was slain by Cain his brother; and who will accuse that brother, until his seed be destroyed from the face of the earth;

--------------------------------

From my understanding this reading it is mentioning that all who die go to these places  for the moment until judgement

But does not the bible say: absent from the body present with the Lord?

I thought that Christian believers go directly to the Lord, and that non believer lie asleep until the time of judgement

And if Able is with the Lord, why would he be accusing his brother continually?

----------------------------------

please correct me if i am wrong but this to me show contradiction with thew Word of God.

---------------------------------

Also from just beginning to read the book of Asher?

Jasher 34 : And Cain knew his wife in those days, and she conceived and bare a son, and he called his name Enoch, saying, In that time the Lord began to give him rest and quiet in the earth.

Is this the same Enoch who wrote the book of Enoch?

***and why would God bless the son of Cain  (Enoch)to be able to understand the plans of God?***

Enoch writes about the watchers =fallen angels who went into the women of the earth and produced the giants who have become the evil spirits who have remained in this world to do evil things.

So was Enoch who wrote the book of Enoch the son of Cain?

18 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Hmmmm ,,,,,,,,so I went to look up to find the book of Enoch and the book of Jasher.

I found for

the book of Enoch this site : http://book-ofenoch.com/download-pdf/

and for

the book of Jasher:  http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/jasher/1.htm

Contradictions?

well I just started with Enoch and found in Chapter 22 [SECT. V.]

1. From thence I proceeded to another spot, where I saw on the west a great and lofty mountain, a strong rock, and four delightful places.

2. Internally it was deep, capacious, and very smooth; as smooth as if it had been rolled over: it was both deep and dark to behold.

3. Then Raphael, one of the holy angels who were with me, answered and said, These are the delightful places where the spirits, the souls of the dead, will be collected; for them were they formed; and here will be collected all the souls of the sons of men.

4. These places, in which they dwell, shall they occupy until the day of judgment, and until their appointed period.

5. Their appointed period will be long, even until the great judgment. And I saw the spirits of the sons of men who were dead; and their voices reached to heaven, while they were accusing.

6. Then I inquired of Raphael, an angel who was with me, and said, Whose spirit is that, the voice of which reaches to heaven, and accuses?

7. He answered, saying, This is the spirit of Abel, who was slain by Cain his brother; and who will accuse that brother, until his seed be destroyed from the face of the earth;

--------------------------------

From my understanding this reading it is mentioning that all who die go to these places  for the moment until judgement

But does not the bible say: absent from the body present with the Lord?

I thought that Christian believers go directly to the Lord, and that non believer lie asleep until the time of judgement

And if Able is with the Lord, why would he be accusing his brother continually?

----------------------------------

please correct me if i am wrong but this to me show contradiction with thew Word of God.

---------------------------------

Also from just beginning to read the book of Asher?

Jasher 34 : And Cain knew his wife in those days, and she conceived and bare a son, and he called his name Enoch, saying, In that time the Lord began to give him rest and quiet in the earth.

Is this the same Enoch who wrote the book of Enoch?

***and why would God bless the son of Cain  (Enoch)to be able to understand the plans of God?***

Enoch writes about the watchers =fallen angels who went into the women of the earth and produced the giants who have become the evil spirits who have remained in this world to do evil things.

So was Enoch who wrote the book of Enoch the son of Cain?

It's a different Enoch. Try reading the Book of Genesis.

Cain begat Enoch, begat Irad, begat Mehujael, begat Methusael, begat Lamech, begat Tubalcain

Seth begat Enos, begat Cainan, begat Mahalaleel, begat Jared, begat Enoch, begat Methusaleh, begat Lamech, begat Noah

As for Christians going straight to the Lord and Abel accusing his brother, well you need to read more of the Bible. Have you not heard of 'Abraham's bosom'? Also read the Book of Revelation, and don't forget that when Abel was murdered his blood cried out from the ground.