• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 4/12/2016 at 4:10 PM, MorningGlory said:

That's a good explanation, Ezra.  Every time I THINK I'm getting to where I understand the full plan of God...I'm reminded I don't know nearly enough.

But just think MG some day the whole picture will come into view.  Right, we are always in need of learning.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

On April 9, 2016 at 6:33 AM, Tiglath said:

We share something so common. Several years ago, I had a similar experience when I was going through severe depression in my life after losing someone precious. Every night when I went to bed I would experience sleep paralysis. You feel a weight on your chest, pressing you down and preventing you from sitting up. But it’s worse than that, you can’t move your arms or legs. You can’t even move your lips to call out for help. You’re not sure who or what is pushing on your chest.But you just know there’s a presence there. Something strange. Something uninvited. You can feel awake and your mind is running and at that moment I remembered to say in the "Name of Jesus Christ" and it would stop immediately. The sleep paralysis went on for a year. And, one day when I went to bed after an hour or so someone punch me on my head so hard that I got up scared. When I opened my eyes, I saw the devil wearing black and his face was fully covered and he was holding pitchfork, I was terrified, but off course I said in the name of Jesus Christ and he disappeared. I thought I was going crazy and that's when i turned to the bible day and night, offering daily incense to the lord. After one year, I started seeing visions of me in the the middle of church altar preaching and to my left was the Christ standing beside me and telling me to continue reading the scriptures. At times, I would see Abraham, Issac and Joseph. And, when my soul was troubled, I would always see the archangel Rafael & Michael around me hence my profile picture is of Raphael. Even now, when I am troubled I always see the archangel Raphael.

People can only be saved through prayers and fasting

• 1 Thessalonians 5:17 Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

• The Demoniac Cured "Mark 9:29 When He came into the house, His disciples began questioning Him privately, "Why could we not drive it out?" And He said to them, "This kind cannot come out by anything but prayer."

Oh my - I never had people share this openly - I never share my experiences except with my husband. On occasion, I have felt an evil presence in the room - it's usually as I'm falling asleep - I have a sense of something trying to overpower me. I can't talk, but I fight it until I get the word "Jesus" out and it breaks it.  Then I say a brief warfare prayer.  Not many Christians will share something like that. My daughter saw one in the night.  I've sensed an evil presence in people - you know they are of "the spirit that is now at work in those who are disobedient..."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 10/23/2016 at 8:28 PM, RustyAngeL said:

But just think MG some day the whole picture will come into view.  Right, we are always in need of learning.

I can't wait, Rusty! 

On 11/2/2016 at 1:04 AM, cherubim said:

Oh my - I never had people share this openly - I never share my experiences except with my husband. On occasion, I have felt an evil presence in the room - it's usually as I'm falling asleep - I have a sense of something trying to overpower me. I can't talk, but I fight it until I get the word "Jesus" out and it breaks it.  Then I say a brief warfare prayer.  Not many Christians will share something like that. My daughter saw one in the night.  I've sensed an evil presence in people - you know they are of "the spirit that is now at work in those who are disobedient..."

I agree that some people have an evil persona, cherubim, one that a lot of us can feel.  I think it helps believers  to talk about these things with other believers.  I hate to think of anyone feeling like they are the only ones this has happened to or that they will be called 'crazy'.  When someone tells me such things I absolutely believe them and try to reassure them.  We can all feel empowered to simply give it to the Lord for He is the one who can stop such things.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I think many churches don't teach this as much as they should. I've studied it on my own - but we are told to study ourselves. There is unbalanced teaching as well.  I think we need to exercise discernment when anything is taught.  I know the dark side is real - but I infrequently share things, unless someone brings up their experiences. Unless it's happened to another - you are going to be viewed as crazy.  My daughter and her husband bought a house in a rural area - I never liked it - I don't know why.  They would see dark figures, the tv would turn on by itself, and someone in the house fell asleep on the couch and awoke to being choked.  There was more - I won't go into. My daughter put her cell phone in the master bedroom and left it on auto-record.  I was appalled when audible voices spoke. I'd experienced things, but to hear voices gave me the creeps. 

They moved out, and I did not even want my husband entering the house to remove their belongings.  I prayed over them when they went in.  The house went up for sale and I tried to find someone to cleanse the house but could not.  I felt irresponsible allowing anyone to buy the house without knowing. But no one would help - and I'd never done it.  So I don't know what happened.  When I was searching online though, I read that this is a common phenomena now.  I did speak with one guy who did it - and I caught him in a lie - so I wondered how he had the spiritual strength to fight the enemy while participating in one of the enemy's chief weapons.  While I do not attend Catholic services, Catholics have seemed to have led the field in this area, although much discernment needs to be employed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

5 hours ago, cherubim said:

I think we need to exercise discernment when anything is taught.  I know the dark side is real - but I infrequently share things, unless someone brings up their experiences. Unless it's happened to another - you are going to be viewed as crazy.

Exactly or you hit the nail on the head as the expression go.   I have been through things that i would absolutely not write about in this forum.   I think also some of your trials and tribulations are for you and you alone as to encourage us in our journey.  Tangible and intangible are very real people. The bible says so and i have confirmed that myself.    Pligrims Progress by [John Bunyan ] is a very good analogy of a chirstian walk and the dangers, pitfalls and the rest  he will face when he starts his pilgrimage to his destination, the pearly gates. 

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings.....

I've read quite a few posts here & the funny things is that everyone has many encounters with these annoying subtle insidious creatures but not everyone recognizes these......it's quite common for many Christians to go around oblivious to the spiritual realm,what can I say?They certainly should not be given glory,credit or much attention (focus) but to understand & recognize that we do not struggle with flesh & blood is very important,there is but one enemy behind all those stupid thoughts that pop in one's mind,temptations etc......the spirit of  pride is usually at the core,easiest button for him to press.........one thing to keep in mind is that as any predator,they are opportunists & they prey on the weak,the vulnerable,the complacent,the sick,the young etc.......He Who is in us is GREATER than he who is in the world,less attention on the imps & all eyes on Jesus!!! Let everything that has breath in it Praise the Lord........a House Filled with Praise & Worship is not the environment the enemy is comfortable in,.......AS for me & my house,we Serve the Lord!!      That means,,KEEP OUT,no Trespassing......Gods Property!!!! Stay Filled to the brim,overflowing with Gods Word & there is just no room for anything that is not of God!                                                                                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

Guest BacKaran

Yep, the devil's alive and well working at a panic pace.

My dexperienc at my husband's funeral with my adult son.

My son was 34 and still retains the drama aspect of a teenager. Communication is talking is hard as he's not a believer.

He started a fight the night before the funeral, swearing and slamming clothes on the floor etc.  I said please no swearing in my house! I just lost my best friend and I'm not thinking clearly. He then proceeded to spew out a bunch of nasty comments to which I said I'm going to bed, you can change your airplane departure if you need to...

The next day at the funeral, in front of all to see, my son comes to give me a big hug and whispers... You know all those mean things I said to you yesterday? I meant them!

I thought, while still hugging him, devil you may have my son but this is a heavenly celebration of Mikes going home! 

The devil will try his best and use anyone in anyway to detail your faith in Christ but only if you let him........ Don't let him.

Needless to say I love and pray for my son and his new wife from afar. I pray he's a prodigal who returns to His before it's too late.

Amen!

11 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings.....

I've read quite a few posts here & the funny things is that everyone has many encounters with these annoying subtle insidious creatures but not everyone recognizes these......it's quite common for many Christians to go around oblivious to the spiritual realm,what can I say?They certainly should not be given glory,credit or much attention (focus) but to understand & recognize that we do not struggle with flesh & blood is very important,there is but one enemy behind all those stupid thoughts that pop in one's mind,temptations etc......the spirit of  pride is usually at the core,easiest button for him to press.........one thing to keep in mind is that as any predator,they are opportunists & they prey on the weak,the vulnerable,the complacent,the sick,the young etc.......He Who is in us is GREATER than he who is in the world,less attention on the imps & all eyes on Jesus!!! Let everything that has breath in it Praise the Lord........a House Filled with Praise & Worship is not the environment the enemy is comfortable in,.......AS for me & my house,we Serve the Lord!!      That means,,KEEP OUT,no Trespassing......Gods Property!!!! Stay Filled to the brim,overflowing with Gods Word & there is just no room for anything that is not of God!                                                                                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

Amen, Kwik, and very well said!  :)

On 11/5/2016 at 0:12 PM, BacKaran said:

Yep, the devil's alive and well working at a panic pace.

My dexperienc at my husband's funeral with my adult son.

My son was 34 and still retains the drama aspect of a teenager. Communication is talking is hard as he's not a believer.

He started a fight the night before the funeral, swearing and slamming clothes on the floor etc.  I said please no swearing in my house! I just lost my best friend and I'm not thinking clearly. He then proceeded to spew out a bunch of nasty comments to which I said I'm going to bed, you can change your airplane departure if you need to...

The next day at the funeral, in front of all to see, my son comes to give me a big hug and whispers... You know all those mean things I said to you yesterday? I meant them!

I thought, while still hugging him, devil you may have my son but this is a heavenly celebration of Mikes going home! 

The devil will try his best and use anyone in anyway to detail your faith in Christ but only if you let him........ Don't let him.

Needless to say I love and pray for my son and his new wife from afar. I pray he's a prodigal who returns to His before it's too late.

Amen!

That had to be very hard for you,   But don't give up on him because, remember, God can and will Use ANYONE for His purpose.  I will pray for your son as well.