• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

On 02/04/2016 at 4:54 PM, spiderman1917 said:

Just wondering if you have seen Demons, been attacked by them, or how you can tell it is them tormenting you rather than trauma, chemical inbalance, sleep deprivation, psychosis, hormones, situations etc.

What are some of the ways they opress you.  What do you do?

As the apostle Paul says, some things are better left undiscussed.  It is one thing to talk about God's provision in Christ against the forces of evil, and someone's subjective experiences.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Just now, Ezra said:

As the apostle Paul says, some things are better left undiscussed.  It is one thing to talk about God's provision in Christ against the forces of evil, and someone's subjective experiences.

But isn't it better to let fellow believers know they are not alone in experiencing attacks? As I've said before, I believe many, many believers are attacked and oppressed and either don't understand what's happening or think that no one will believe them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Ezra said:

I know but it is also good to know what the signs are as well.  The Bible describes the behavior of Demoniacs for a reason

Also,

regarding the dark side of earth and evil.  This verse always strengthened me:

Hebrews 11:

24 By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh’s daughter. 25 He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. 26 He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward. ....

....35 Women received back their dead, raised to life again. There were others who were tortured, refusing to be released so that they might gain an even better resurrection. 36 Some faced jeers and flogging, and even chains and imprisonment. 37 They were put to death by stoning;[e] they were sawed in two; they were killed by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated— 38 the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, living in caves and in holes in the ground.

39 These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised, 40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.""

Why does that verse strengthen me?  Because very dark wicked things were happening to God's people and those things glorified them and God.  Also, they did not receive what had been promised ( in this life).  They had to wait for the next life to receive the promises.  In this life, they saw, received, and experienced much darkness and evil.

Bottom line is, Scripture speaks of evil for a reason, and as ugly as it is, Scripture repeatedly shows the positive light that shines forth from it.  The evil in the end glorifies God and His people.  A huge part of the ministry of Jesus and the Apostles was casting out Demons.  We need more seasoned exorcists in our sick world today than were needed back then.

By people sharing their experiences, it can help a person to better identify spiritual attack, and it is EXTREMELY important to be aware of such things because most people under the influence of Satan do not even realize it.  If no one ever talked about it, it would be a greater victory for the Devil.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

44 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

But isn't it better to let fellow believers know they are not alone in experiencing attacks? As I've said before, I believe many, many believers are attacked and oppressed and either don't understand what's happening or think that no one will believe them.

My concern is more with demons wanting to bring attention to themselves, thus deflecting attention from God and Christ. Another Christian forum has two threads on this subject currently. Many years ago there was a German pastor who focused disproportionately on demons and exorcism, and ended up with some serious issues.  

I think believers can safely say that all Christians are under attack (Eph 6), and particularly those who expose the lies of Satan, and bring out God's truth and the true Gospel (particularly the importance of the blood of Christ). Satan also uses people (even Christians) to do the attacking. So there is both influence and actual presence of demons.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

2 minutes ago, Ezra said:

My concern is more with demons wanting to bring attention to themselves, thus deflecting attention from God and Christ. Another Christian forum has two threads on this subject currently. Many years ago there was a German pastor who focused disproportionately on demons and exorcism, and ended up with some serious issues.  

I think believers can safely say that all Christians are under attack (Eph 6), and particularly those who expose the lies of Satan, and bring out God's truth and the true Gospel (particularly the importance of the blood of Christ). Satan also uses people (even Christians) to do the attacking. So there is both influence and actual presence of demons.

That's a good explanation, Ezra.  Every time I THINK I'm getting to where I understand the full plan of God...I'm reminded I don't know nearly enough.

20 minutes ago, Ezra said:

If I was infiltrating an enemy camp to harm people and turn people against eachother, poison their food, make them ill, set up booby traps, I would want to draw no attention to myself.

If people all have it memorized what I look like and all my tactics and there are wanted signs with my face everywhere, I'm done.

If everyone has the attitude, lets not talk about him and the ways he goes about harming people and stirring up trouble, that makes things easier.

If Demons know that when attention is drawn to them , people are going to seek out deliverance, why would they want people to know they are there?

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 4/12/2016 at 6:07 PM, Ezra said:

Amen Ezra, Glory to God~~

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

During my walk, many years ago, I fell from grace. I knew better, but at that time, I put God on the back burner.  I had all sorts of problems in my life, and then one evening, whilst I was half awake, half asleep, I heard what I thought was my 4 yr old daughter skip into my room, and jump on my bed.  What happened next was the most terrifying experience I had ever encounted. This "thing" jumped on my chest and was choking me.  I couldn't scream, or move, but was paralised.  I remembered the hatred in his eyes, ...pure hatred for me and evil.  I saw his face and it was so ugly and fearesome and resembled something like a grasshoppers head, or an ET, with big eyes and he was transparent with all these fluorescent lights running through him.  I could hear static, and it was so loud, almost deafening.  It felt like a long time, but he probably only held me down for 30 seconds, and I frantically called out to God.  He was gone in an instant. 

It sounds crazy, but it happened.  I hardly ever think about it now, but admittedly a few months ago, I was thinking back on it, and had the urge to look up on the net if anyone had the same experience with these fluorescent light creatures, and I was surprised what I found.  Many that reported it, had traces of the flourescent substance on their bodies, whatever that is.

I realise now that this all happened because I was not living a godly life at that time.   God allowed it to happen, and "it" to manifest so I would wake up and see what I had let in.  They are not allowed to do this unless God gives the ok, and if he gives the ok, then something is terribly wrong in our walk, and I was walking that wrong path back then and that "thing" wanted to claim me whilst I was in sin, but glory goes to God for he delivered me, and started feeding me truth, to open my eyes, to show me what I was doing wrong, and took me out of captivity.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,874
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

15 hours ago, Bluebird said:

Because it really happens to some people. Because when someone is dealing with this, they really need sane answers.

OK, it really did happen to me. I didn't believe in Christianity for most of my life, and I was into paganism. After I repented into Jesus Christ, I was afflicted with nightmares, sudden anger for no reason, stuff like that. It took a lot of trial and error, but I finally learned that asking Jesus Christ to make it stop helped every time. I also made it a serious point to repent of the sins I knew I was doing and to live as close to Scripture as possible. For the record, I never believed in witchcraft or demons until it started happening to me.

that is good information Bluebird.    I might add that I have kind of an advantage over people.....   they believe in God out of faith......     I know there is a God for I've met the devil, and God yanked me from his grasp one night when I was about to do something eternally stupid.