Thoughts of Marriage, While im single

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello ALL!! So.. I recently had my eyes opened up.. Thank God. I am a repented man now and I can surely say the life of guilt ridden sin is definitely not for me.. But as a part of my repentance I completely seperated myself from others.. it was absolutely necessary. But today I have this thought stuck on my mind that I wish I could be married. To be with someone who is just like me. A true Christian who flees from sin at every opportunity. But I'm only 26 years old. And unfortunately the only people I have met who know to do that at all costs are much older than I am. I think because it takes a lot of God given wisdom to be willing to do that. Especially in this day and age. So I need advice on how to even approach finding someone similar. Besides the typical go to church answer because everyone in my church is either married or not yet truly convinced that He is in fact the real deal. I tried being with someone who wanted to believe in Him but couldn't turn from the sin that she was so accustomed to. Which in turn made me want to sin. I'm talking of course about sex. I have never met someone in my age group who haven't had sex with at least 4 people. It seems to be the fad of this day and time. I am affraid I am alone in this Faith of mine. I have met so many people who claim Christianity, yet have sex, talk sex and think sex on a regular basis. It's not ok. It's not good. And it's not sanctified. Some of you will want to tell me to Pray about it.. just know that's what led me to this website :) I usually try to stay away from the internet and have for quite awhile now, I don't even use Facebook. THIS idea was not my own. Let Him lead, Just be sure to follow as best as you can. AMEN? God Bless you fellow Christians and I look forward to reading your wisdom about it. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

I will pray for you. You sound like my brother when he was your age. He asked us to pray almost every night and He put His life in order and started acting like a husband filled His panty, painted a kids room at His house then a girl named Kerri started coming to His church. She just graduated and started teaching Music and played a special at church. He came home and told us the Lord answered our prayers. They dated about 8 months. Got married, have 3 kids and have been married 30 years and are still in love like kids.

Wow that is amazing,  To still have that love for one another, That right there is what I would call a miracle all on its own. And yes please do pray for me. I live in Reno NV and it seems like everyone is cheating on everyone. And I noticed in my church a lot of people marry really young. And the struggle is real. So yes please please please Pray for me as I am your brother all the same. Thank you for taking the time to lift my optimism off of the ground. I appreciate you more than I can say.. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Brian,   I'm 68 and been married for 46 years....    God knew what we needed and just put us together.....    personally I met my wife at a Dairy Queen ice cream shop.  God managed to put us together, I think, because he knew we really needed each other....

I wasn't really looking for a wife and she wasn't looking for a husband, but it just happened....   and since we were not sexually active before we were married, it wasn't like we had to get married....

Pray over it and let him put things together for you.......    it took him 30 years for my daughter, but he sent her a real God send of a husband.   Just pray for what he knows is best for you and get on with life enjoying things and when you least expect it is when it reaches out and grabs your heart.

Thats so good to hear.. Im glad for you.. Thats really good advice, I suppose I am spending a little to much time wondering if its meant to happen. Today especially. I dont know why and normally I wouldve never tried to find a website to get that off my chest but I am so glad I did because I have met some real great Christian people. Thank you so much for telling me that 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Pray to God and tell Him what is on your heart. Ask Him that if it is His will that He will bring a Christian lady who loves the Lord into your life. It is not easy. Both my daughter and SIL said they had a very difficult time finding someone who they wanted to spend their life with. Not a lot available out there now but if God wants you to get married He will make a lady available to you.

That is very true from all that I have learned so far, Its exciting to think about it.. What an enormous and amazing power He has.. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

On 03/04/2016 at 8:35 PM, BrianTheLion said:

But today I have this thought stuck on my mind that I wish I could be married. To be with someone who is just like me. A true Christian who flees from sin at every opportunity. But I'm only 26 years old.

Ask the God for help to direct you to the right person and wisdom to recognize that person when she appears. God approves of marriage, and blesses Christian marriages.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 4/3/2016 at 0:35 PM, BrianTheLion said:

Hello ALL!! So.. I recently had my eyes opened up.. Thank God. I am a repented man now and I can surely say the life of guilt ridden sin is definitely not for me.. But as a part of my repentance I completely seperated myself from others.. it was absolutely necessary. But today I have this thought stuck on my mind that I wish I could be married. To be with someone who is just like me. A true Christian who flees from sin at every opportunity. But I'm only 26 years old. And unfortunately the only people I have met who know to do that at all costs are much older than I am. I think because it takes a lot of God given wisdom to be willing to do that. Especially in this day and age. So I need advice on how to even approach finding someone similar. Besides the typical go to church answer because everyone in my church is either married or not yet truly convinced that He is in fact the real deal. I tried being with someone who wanted to believe in Him but couldn't turn from the sin that she was so accustomed to. Which in turn made me want to sin. I'm talking of course about sex. I have never met someone in my age group who haven't had sex with at least 4 people. It seems to be the fad of this day and time. I am affraid I am alone in this Faith of mine. I have met so many people who claim Christianity, yet have sex, talk sex and think sex on a regular basis. It's not ok. It's not good. And it's not sanctified. Some of you will want to tell me to Pray about it.. just know that's what led me to this website :) I usually try to stay away from the internet and have for quite awhile now, I don't even use Facebook. THIS idea was not my own. Let Him lead, Just be sure to follow as best as you can. AMEN? God Bless you fellow Christians and I look forward to reading your wisdom about it. 

Hi There,

Submit all your plans to the lord and genuinely pray from the bottom of your heart and the lord will lead you. In every step of your life ask him to guide you, this way you minimise the adversary of this fallen world.

• Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
  • Proverbs 16: 9 In their hearts humans plan their course,  but the LORD establishes their steps.
  • 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing,  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

• 4 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1989

On April 2, 2016 at 9:35 PM, BrianTheLion said:

Don't go looking. Focus on the work of God. When a woman does come across who can have a pure and focused biblical conversation then continue to fellowship then just ask her if she wants to get married. Plain and simple.