7Dove77

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Malichi 4:5-6)-Behold,i will send you ( Elijah) the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.,and he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children,and the heart of the children to their fathers,lest I come and smite the with a curse.

What are your thoughts..?

Im understanding that Elijah will play a majior role in the restoration of Gods truth ,among the people of God',

And this will occur, shortly before christs return. Malichi, will be the factor  in the establishment ,of proclaiming the kingdom of God on earth.

Blessings,With Gods grace,

7Dove77

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I believe that Elijah will be one of the two witnesses who will come to the earth 1,260 days before the Second Coming of Christ.  I believe the two witnesses will help the saints in the 42 month war that the antichrist will wage against them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

9 hours ago, 7Dove77 said:

Malichi 4:5-6)-Behold,i will send you ( Elijah) the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.,and he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children,and the heart of the children to their fathers,lest I come and smite the with a curse.

Im understanding that Elijah will play a majior role in the restoration of Gods truth ,among the people of God',

And this will occur, shortly before christs return. Malichi, will be the factor  in the establishment ,of proclaiming the kingdom of God on earth.

7Dove77

Its an interesting topic that I've been contemplating lately.  What we know in addition to the verse you quoted:

• John said he was not Elijah.  John 1:21
  • John was a forerunner of Christ in the spirit and power of Elijah.  Luke 1:17
  • Jesus stated that Elijah both did come and will come to restore all things.  Matt 17:11, Mark 9:11-12
  • Jesus is in heaven until the period of restoration of all things.  Acts 3:20-21

There is apparently a spiritual aspect and a natural aspect to the forerunner of Christ.  The spiritual Elijah, John, was the forerunner of His first coming and the natural Elijah will precede His second coming.  The spiritual Elijah was the forerunner of the new covenant, the spiritual kingdom of God within.  The natural Elijah will be the forerunner of His return when He establishes His natural kingdom on earth.  To me, it strengthens the notion of the duality of a natural and a spiritual aspect of things in scripture.

I agree that it's quite possible for Elijah to be one of the two witnesses.  And I can see where he might be a forerunner to the Jews that have fled and are protected for 3.5 years, which is also the duration of the ministry of the two witnesses.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

2 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Its an interesting topic that I've been contemplating lately.  What we know in addition to the verse you quoted:

• John said he was not Elijah.  John 1:21
  • John was a forerunner of Christ in the spirit and power of Elijah.  Luke 1:17
  • Jesus stated that Elijah both did come and will come to restore all things.  Matt 17:11, Mark 9:11-12
  • Jesus is in heaven until the period of restoration of all things.  Acts 3:20-21

There is apparently a spiritual aspect and a natural aspect to the forerunner of Christ.  The spiritual Elijah, John, was the forerunner of His first coming and the natural Elijah will precede His second coming.  The spiritual Elijah was the forerunner of the new covenant, the spiritual kingdom of God within.  The natural Elijah will be the forerunner of His return when He establishes His natural kingdom on earth.  To me, it strengthens the notion of the duality of a natural and a spiritual aspect of things in scripture.

I agree that it's quite possible for Elijah to be one of the two witnesses.  And I can see where he might be a forerunner to the Jews that have fled and are protected for 3.5 years, which is also the duration of the ministry of the two witnesses.

nice I like that thinking, it is reasonable to believe that,  there is a scripture I need to find where  I believe John is also told that he will be needed again prior to the coming of Jesus again,  I have to find that scripture,  I read it , and tried to make sense of it, for Elijah is to be prior to the coming of the lord, it is said, now there was on the mount of transfiguration, that moses and Elijah both were seen together, already , so we need to see if I can find that scripture, and to see if it has been already fulfilled by the meeting on transfiguration

I believe your scripture in this topic might be what I was looking for ?

but 7DOVE77, this is a great topic, blessings to you .

With being said:

The prophet Amos ,reveals in,

Amos 3:7)-Surely the Lord God will do nothing but he reveals his secrets unto his Servants the prophets.

Im understanding,Apostle John, was showen many Prophetic events of the end of age,and was to restore these things,so that those in the body of Christ would understand.

The things and events,sourrounding the what needs to be established in the Kingdom of God on earth.

Rev 1:1-3)-The Rev of jesus Christ,which God(God the Father) gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it knowen by sending his angles (to his servants), John who testified of the word of God. ,And the witness of jesus Christ,even as many things he saw. Blessed is the one ( who reads the words of his prophecy),and blessed are those who hear it and take heart WHAT IS WRITTEN in it, because the time is near....

Whats your thoughts..?

Blessings,With Gods Grace,

7Dove77

SinnerSaved,

Im thinking your looking for the this Scripture?

ACTS 1:1-5.....

Blessings,With Gods Grace.

7Dove77

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, 7Dove77 said:

7Dove77

I think it is possible when He says He will send Elijah, He is referring to Elijah in place of the priesthood.  So, for example, Jesus says that Elijah did come (Matthew 17:12), which is spoken of in Malachi 3:1.  

1 Peter 2:9 also refers to the believers in Christ as, "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 

Therefore, it is possible that the concept of saying that Elijah will come is the same as saying the Levitcal priesthood will be rebuked by the priests of Elijah, so to speak.  Clearly, Elijah sets a high bar in his obedience to the Lord demonstrated in 1 Kings 17 and 18 to follow, in contrast to the rebuke the Levitical priesthood receives in Malachi.  But, the priests were warned that they would receive a curse if they did not repent.  “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me," (Malachi 2:2).  

"Because of you I will rebuke your descendants; I will smear on your faces the dung from your festival sacrifices, and you will be carried off with it. And you will know that I have sent you this warning so that my covenant with Levi may continue,” says the Lord Almighty. “My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin.“For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, because he is the messenger of the Lord Almighty and people seek instruction from his mouth.  But you have turned from the way and by your teaching have caused many to stumble; you have violated the covenant with Levi,”says the Lord Almighty. So I have caused you to be despised and humiliated before all the people, because you have not followed my ways but have shown partiality in matters of the law.”

I think the part that I have emphasized is the description of Elijah that will come that is referenced here and the reason why He will send Elijah instead.  

So, Elijah will serve in the place of the priests who despised the covenant that was made with them.  

Thank you for such a thought provoking question.  This is my first time attempting to address this subject so none of my considerations are set in stone at this point either.  

Esther,

Thank you,for sharing your thoughts/view on this topic,May we converse,again.

7Dove77

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

On 05/04/2016 at 7:36 AM, Watching for Jesus said:

I believe that Elijah will be one of the two witnesses who will come to the earth 1,260 days before the Second Coming of Christ. 

That is correct.  Whereas John the Baptizer came in the spirit and power of Elijah, Elijah must surely come before the Day of the LORD (Malachi 4:5,6). The ministry of these two witnesses reflects the past ministry of Moses and Elijah.  Just as Moses (representing the Law) and Elijah (representing the prophets) appeared at the Transfiguration, they will appear on earth once more to preach against the Antichrist and bring souls to Christ, through their witness for Christ. Just as Elijah shut the heavens so that it did not rain for 3 1/2 years, he will do exactly the same thing again (Rev 11:6).

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

2 minutes ago, Ezra said:

That is correct.  Whereas John the Baptizer came in the spirit and power of Elijah, Elijah must surely come before the Day of the LORD (Malachi 4:5,6). The ministry of these two witnesses reflects the past ministry of Moses and Elijah.  Just as Moses (representing the Law) and Elijah (representing the prophets) appeared at the Transfiguration, they will appear on earth once more to preach against the Antichrist and bring souls to Christ, through their witness for Christ. Just as Elijah shut the heavens so that it did not rain for 3 1/2 years, he will do exactly the same thing again (Rev 11:6).

Just a thought , how do we not know that it will be Elijah , and Enoch ? they were the only two , that really did not die  and they both were taken by God,  before they died, on earth ?, moses did die, ? so could it be possible that this could be the two , if it be two that come back ?