• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

45 minutes ago, Esther4:14 said:

So then how do you distinguish between John the Baptist fulfilling the call of Elijah (Matthew 17:12), and the suggestion of a literal Elijah coming the next time when this is exactly the same line of thinking that caused the Pharisees to deceive themselves that the prophecy wasn't being fulfilled by a man crying out in the wilderness. 

The transfiguration does not suggest that Moses is the second party because there is no indication within this event to connect the two.  

This is assumption.  

More than likely, I believe the two witnesses will be empowered to defend themselves in the face of opposition like Elijah was able to do before Ahab (1 Kings 18).   

I just don't see them coming back as super heroes unless there was a way to prove that there was no one left righteous.  But, the saints are called to persevere (Revelation 14:12).  And the days are shortened for the sake of the elect (Matthew 24:22), suggesting that will be someone capable of pleasing Him to receive the same anointing as Elijah the way Elisha and John the Baptist both did.  

The only way I would believe that it were literally Elijah come again is if there were a way to prove there would be no one righteous to answer the call of Elijah in those days.  

I'm not dogmatic about this and really don't have anything to add to what I said earlier in this thread.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Matt 17:1-3)-And after six days jesus taketh Peter,james,,John,his brother, and bringeth them up unto an high mountain apart.And was transfigured before them,and his face did shine as the son,and His raiment was white as light,and,behold,there appeared unto them MOSES and ELIAS talking with him....

MOSES-with stood the King of Egypt,demanding the release of the Israelites.

ELIJAH-With stood Ahab,the wicked King of Israel.

Their Ministries were angaged in the Political process.They stood against Govermental Injustic.This certainly qualifies them to stand together against the Anti-Christ.

Whats your thoughts?

Blessings,With Gods Grace,

7Dove77

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

25 minutes ago, 7Dove77 said:

Matt 17:1-3)-And after six days jesus taketh Peter,james,,John,his brother, and bringeth them up unto an high mountain apart.And was transfigured before them,and his face did shine as the son,and His raiment was white as light,and,behold,there appeared unto them MOSES and ELIAS talking with him....

MOSES-with stood the King of Egypt,demanding the release of the Israelites.

ELIJAH-With stood Ahab,the wicked King of Israel.

Their Ministries were angaged in the Political process.They stood against Govermental Injustic.This certainly qualifies them to stand together against the Anti-Christ.

Whats your thoughts?

Blessings,With Gods Grace,

7Dove77

I've seen the similarities too, the confronting of leaders, the bringing of plagues, the closing of the sky.  While it may not be proof, it's interesting.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

40 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I've seen the similarities too, the confronting of leaders, the bringing of plagues, the closing of the sky.  While it may not be proof, it's interesting.

Moses and Elijah are two mirrors.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, Esther4:14 said:

The only way I would believe that it were literally Elijah come again is if there were a way to prove there would be no one righteous to answer the call of Elijah in those days.  

The prophetic statement by Malachi should be sufficient for anyone.  No one other than Elijah can fulfil the ministry of Elijah before the day of the LORD. John the Baptizer came in the spirit and power of Elijah to turn the hearts of Israel to Christ.  But the Day of the LORD was not at hand and the Day of Grace was about to begin.  That is why Christ did not complete the quotation from Isaiah 61:1,2 but stopped abruptly as follows:

ISAIAH

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;  To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God;

LUKE

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

It is not a "literal' Elijah but the spirit of Elijah. That is why he has came already and Elijah will come again. It is the "Spirit" of Elijah that will return. The spirit will be full of Hashem! The Seven Spirits that Yeshua walked with inside Him...this is what will fill a man. A transfiguration of such. A huge gust of Hashem blowing over and indwelling. Just my 2 cents.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Where is the body of the spirit of Moses today and who is it that sits in Moses seat judging the people?