Hannahbvb

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

okay, so I have about three to four questions. I really hope I can find the answers here -

1)during which period of time did dinosaurs exist? why aren't they mentioned in the Bible? if God created humans on the seventh day, does that mean dinosaurs and men co-existed? 

2)is it possible to see any of the fallen angels? because my friends have told me scary experiences. I was just wondering, wouldn't it take a lot of energy for a spiritual energy to turn into an atom? that would take forever, and would ghosts really take that much of a trouble to scare us? 

3)if heaven isn't on earth, then it must be somewhere out there in the universe, in some other planet. if that's the case, doesn't that mean God is an alien? 

4)what's the beginning of God? 

5)in Leviticus, it clearly states that being gay is a sin and so is using tattoos and cutting yourself. it also states that shaving the sides of your beard is a sin, yet men shave fully and say wearing tattoos and being gay is wrong. why are we not following everything? is it okay to shave your beard? if people are completely okay with it, then why is being gay and cutting or using tattoos something frowned upon? 

6)cain was exiled and that's when he met his wife. did that mean there was another tribe other that Adam and eve's?Is that even possible? 

these questions were not trying to insult the religion or offend anyone. I just wanted these confusing questions to be answered because everyone i asked them to didn't give me satisfying answers. thanks and I hope to hear from you guys soon 

God bless. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

On 05/04/2016 at 1:13 PM, Hannahbvb said:

1)during which period of time did dinosaurs exist? why aren't they mentioned in the Bible? if God created humans on the seventh day, does that mean dinosaurs and men co-existed? 

Hannah,

Dinosaurs probably existed before the Flood of Noah's time. They do not need to be mentioned, since most creatures are not mentioned either. And naturally, they would have co-existed with men prior to the Flood.

2)is it possible to see any of the fallen angels?

Fallen angels are evil spirits, and evil spirits do appear to men, and even pretend to be ghosts.  You would be wise to avoid all contact with evil spirits.

if heaven isn't on earth, then it must be somewhere out there in the universe, in some other planet.

Heaven is not on some other planet, but exists beyond the visible heavens (including the atmosphere and the starry heavens). Therefore trying to equate God with an alien would be foolish, if not blasphemous.

what's the beginning of God? 

He has no beginning or end. He has always existed and will always exist. This is beyond human comprehension.

5)in Leviticus, it clearly states that being gay is a sin and so is using tattoos and cutting yourself. it also states that shaving the sides of your beard is a sin, yet men shave fully and say wearing tattoos and being gay is wrong. why are we not following everything? is it okay to shave your beard? if people are completely okay with it, then why is being gay and cutting or using tattoos something frowned upon? 

Homosexuality is indeed a sin.  Tattoos (associated  with pagans) are unacceptable for Christians. There are no restrictions on beards for Christians.  We need to understand why some of these teachings are still valid, while others are not.

6)cain was exiled and that's when he met his wife. did that mean there was another tribe other that Adam and eve's?Is that even possible? 

We are not told exactly where Cain's wife came from, and in fact it is of little consequence. 

The more important questions you should be asking yourself is (1) Why did Jesus come to this earth to die on the Cross and rise again? (2) Do I know without the shadow of a doubt that I belong to Christ? (3) If I belong to Christ, then what I am I doing to serve Him?

Please keep in mind that people ask all kinds of questions to deflect attention from the most critical questions which pertain to the soul and its relationship to God through Christ. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Good questions. I will have a go at answering these as if you just asked me. So without looking anything up.

1.  Dinosaurs where not discovered until the 19th century, therefore the word dinosaur is quite new. The bible mentions two types of creature in job, the Beamoth and the leviathan, both of which are detailed descriptions that fit dinosaurs as we know them. 

This was written thousands of years prior to dinosaurs being discovered, so Job had either seen them or had a memory of them. 

2. What is spiritual energy and why would it need to turn into an atom? There is the spiritual world and there is the physical world. We all have a spirit, we can feel it, but it is not physical. The spiritual can sometimes be seen without it needing to become physical.

3. Like the above, heaven at the moment is either in the spiritual realm or simply hidden from view. The universe is often described in the bible as the 'heavens'(as is the sky), but it is not 'the' heaven. 

4. God has no beginning. Now, many may disagree with me on the next thing I say, but Jesus did have a beginning. The bible says 'in the beginning was the word, and the word became flesh' (Christ). When that was though would be out of the current human perception of time.

5. God was calling his people (the Israelites) to be separate from everyone else (Gentiles). These rules only applied to them. Tattoos where not so much a fashion like today, they represented people's worship of pagan deitys. The same with beards. The cutting here is likely speaking of cutting into shapes that represent other gods. The Egyptians did this and pharaoh belived he was God. 

6. Simple this one. The bible says Adam and Eve had many children. They grew up, moved on and gave birth to more children and so on. 

As people lived a lot longer (hundreds of years), by the time Cain was exiled, the population would have grown tremendously.

Hope these help and feel free to ask more questions about what I have said. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Gus......

Welcome to Worthy,gee-you have lots of questions,that's great!

You ask why dinosours are not mentioned in the Bible,says who?What is a behemoth,perhaps a wooly mammoth?What is a leviathon,perhaps some pre-historic sea creature? So I'm not sure the Bible does not mention dinosaurs

Ghosts?No such thing as ghosts but fallen angels can appear as well as Heavenly angels of God,,,,,,,,,,the Bible tells us in 2 Corinthians 11:14 that the devil himself can appear as an angel of light,,,,,,,,,,,,why would they do this,probably to confuse people into beleiving in ghosts & persuade them to do exactly what God tells us not to do,,,,,,,seances,tarot cards,mediums,,etc,,,,etc,,,,

I have nothing to add to what Ezra told you about Heaven & God being Eternal,Infinite,Timeless,"Alpha & Omega"

It is very difficult to explain to you how ,by the New Covenant(Jesus) we are not under "the Law",,,,,,,& yet the things you speak of do not only fall under the "Law" of the Old Testament but are immoral,sinful & abominable in the blyeyes of God,,,,,,,,,,,,to be "born Again" you are re-born spiritually and Jesus abides in you,,,,,,,,,,it is hard for you to understand these things without understanding the New Covenant ........homosexuality is still a sin,so is adultery ,murder,,,,,,etc,,,,you do not need a law to know you should not murder a person 

As Gus said,,,,by the time Cain took a wife there were probably many offsprings from Adam & Eve with tribes of their own,,,,,,,,,,I think much of what is Written is a "need to know" basis,,,,,,,does it really matter who Cain took for wives?

Your questions are not offensive & neither are they insulting ,,,,,,,they are perfectly fine & I am sure you have plenty more,,,,,,,That's what the Seeker's Lounge is for,people like yourself that do not know what to believe,,,,,,,,,,,,we are here to point you to Jesus,the One Who can answer all of your questions by the Power of His Holy Spirit,,,,,,,,,,,Do you know WHO Jesus is?Do you know that He gave His Life for you,in your place?Did you know that He Loves you,,,,,,,,just as you are & His Arms are open wide,waiting to Embrace you.............

We are glad you are here & look forward to talking more                   To God be the Glory!    With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 4/6/2016 at 3:25 PM, Ezra said:

Hannah,

Dinosaurs probably existed before the Flood of Noah's time. They do not need to be mentioned, since most creatures are not mentioned either. And naturally, they would have co-existed with men prior to the Flood.

Fallen angels are evil spirits, and evil spirits do appear to men, and even pretend to be ghosts.  You would be wise to avoid all contact with evil spirits.

Heaven is not on some other planet, but exists beyond the visible heavens (including the atmosphere and the starry heavens). Therefore trying to equate God with an alien would be foolish, if not blasphemous.

He has no beginning or end. He has always existed and will always exist. This is beyond human comprehension.

Homosexuality is indeed a sin.  Tattoos (associated  with pagans) are unacceptable for Christians. There are no restrictions on beards for Christians.  We need to understand why some of these teachings are still valid, while others are not.

We are not told exactly where Cain's wife came from, and in fact it is of little consequence. 

The more important questions you should be asking yourself is (1) Why did Jesus come to this earth to die on the Cross and rise again? (2) Do I know without the shadow of a doubt that I belong to Christ? (3) If I belong to Christ, then what I am I doing to serve Him?

Please keep in mind that people ask all kinds of questions to deflect attention from the most critical questions which pertain to the soul and its relationship to God through Christ. 

Ezra gave you excellent answers.  And he is so right when he said the most important thing is your relationship with God through Jesus Christ.  You are created to be eternal and you want to be sure where you will spend eternity.  Do you know for sure where you will be?   I'm glad your here and I hope your questions have been answered.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Hi, hannah, and welcome to Worthy.  I would also point you to the answers Ezra gave you for they are excellent.  And I want to make it perfectly clear; you are free to ask questions without being asked why you want to know.  Are you a Christian? 

On 4/6/2016 at 1:55 AM, Ezra said:

Hannah,

This answered almost everything!Thanks so much! But still, isn't anyone living outside the earth an alien?

True. I was just really curious. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

On 4/6/2016 at 3:57 AM, Gus said:

Good questions. I will have a go at answering these as if you just asked me. So without looking anything up.

1.  Dinosaurs where not discovered until the 19th century, therefore the word dinosaur is quite new. The bible mentions two types of creature in job, the Beamoth and the leviathan, both of which are detailed descriptions that fit dinosaurs as we know them. 

This was written thousands of years prior to dinosaurs being discovered, so Job had either seen them or had a memory of them. 

2. What is spiritual energy and why would it need to turn into an atom? There is the spiritual world and there is the physical world. We all have a spirit, we can feel it, but it is not physical. The spiritual can sometimes be seen without it needing to become physical.

3. Like the above, heaven at the moment is either in the spiritual realm or simply hidden from view. The universe is often described in the bible as the 'heavens'(as is the sky), but it is not 'the' heaven. 

4. God has no beginning. Now, many may disagree with me on the next thing I say, but Jesus did have a beginning. The bible says 'in the beginning was the word, and the word became flesh' (Christ). When that was though would be out of the current human perception of time.

5. God was calling his people (the Israelites) to be separate from everyone else (Gentiles). These rules only applied to them. Tattoos where not so much a fashion like today, they represented people's worship of pagan deitys. The same with beards. The cutting here is likely speaking of cutting into shapes that represent other gods. The Egyptians did this and pharaoh belived he was God. 

6. Simple this one. The bible says Adam and Eve had many children. They grew up, moved on and gave birth to more children and so on. 

As people lived a lot longer (hundreds of years), by the time Cain was exiled, the population would have grown tremendously.

Hope these help and feel free to ask more questions about what I have said. 

Thanks you so much for answering all of my doubts! However, Cain was exiled, so was it really possible to reunite and marry one of his sisters/cousins in the exiled land?

13 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

Ezra gave you excellent answers.  And he is so right when he said the most important is your relationship with God through Jesus Christ.  You are created to be eternal and you want to be sure where you will spend eternity.  Do you know for sure where you will be?   I'm glad your here and I hope your questions have been answered.

He did! I'm glad too. I feel my faith getting stronger now. And thank goodness for that

On 4/7/2016 at 4:04 PM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Gus......

Welcome to Worthy,gee-you have lots of questions,that's great!

You ask why dinosours are not mentioned in the Bible,says who?What is a behemoth,perhaps a wooly mammoth?What is a leviathon,perhaps some pre-historic sea creature? So I'm not sure the Bible does not mention dinosaurs

Ghosts?No such thing as ghosts but fallen angels can appear as well as Heavenly angels of God,,,,,,,,,,the Bible tells us in 2 Corinthians 11:14 that the devil himself can appear as an angel of light,,,,,,,,,,,,why would they do this,probably to confuse people into beleiving in ghosts & persuade them to do exactly what God tells us not to do,,,,,,,seances,tarot cards,mediums,,etc,,,,etc,,,,

I have nothing to add to what Ezra told you about Heaven & God being Eternal,Infinite,Timeless,"Alpha & Omega"

It is very difficult to explain to you how ,by the New Covenant(Jesus) we are not under "the Law",,,,,,,& yet the things you speak of do not only fall under the "Law" of the Old Testament but are immoral,sinful & abominable in the blyeyes of God,,,,,,,,,,,,to be "born Again" you are re-born spiritually and Jesus abides in you,,,,,,,,,,it is hard for you to understand these things without understanding the New Covenant ........homosexuality is still a sin,so is adultery ,murder,,,,,,etc,,,,you do not need a law to know you should not murder a person 

As Gus said,,,,by the time Cain took a wife there were probably many offsprings from Adam & Eve with tribes of their own,,,,,,,,,,I think much of what is Written is a "need to know" basis,,,,,,,does it really matter who Cain took for wives?

Your questions are not offensive & neither are they insulting ,,,,,,,they are perfectly fine & I am sure you have plenty more,,,,,,,That's what the Seeker's Lounge is for,people like yourself that do not know what to believe,,,,,,,,,,,,we are here to point you to Jesus,the One Who can answer all of your questions by the Power of His Holy Spirit,,,,,,,,,,,Do you know WHO Jesus is?Do you know that He gave His Life for you,in your place?Did you know that He Loves you,,,,,,,,just as you are & His Arms are open wide,waiting to Embrace you.............

We are glad you are here & look forward to talking more                   To God be the Glory!    With love-in Christ,Kwik

I almost forgot about that worse!It was dumb of me to write a question without thinking and doing my own research.!

True, but from what i've heard in Church, we only need to follow the New Testiment. And homosexuality wasn't even mentioned in the new testament. It wasn't represented as a sin. I have a few homosexual friends, and i'm not sure how to bring them to the right track. I know it's their life and all, but it would be really dreadful if they didn't make it to heaven. And even if you commit those sins, just believing that Jesus died for you would bring you to heaven, right?I believe that jesus loves everyone, even homosexuals. 

Thanks so much!