HAZARD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

There's no such thing as an atheist according to the Bible.

Romans 1:20-21, “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.”

Romans 1:20-21, “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.”

They simply just refuse to believe! It is these who simply refuse to believe there is no God that He will deny knowing as well on the last day.

Matthew 10:33, But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

John. 20:29, "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

Psalm 14:1, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." 

Psalm 53:1, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good."

For those who have never heard of God, Jesus, or the Bible, and have lived their lives as decent law abiding persons in the society they were raised and lived in, God will do good by them also, for God is no respecter of persons.

Romans 2: 11, For there is no respect of persons with God.

V, 12, For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

V, 13, (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

V, 14, For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

For those who believe there is no God, this is your lineage;

"Don't be discouraged poor little fly, you'll be a chipmunk by and by.

Ages later I can see, you'll be a full grown chimpanzee.

Next I see with a prophets ken, you'll take place in the ranks of men.

And then in the great sweet by and by, we'll be angels - you and I.

Why should I swat you dear little fly? Prospective chum of my home on high.

This is what Darwin says - not I"

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/20/1990

Not exactly, the bible does speak of unbelievers men and women who say there is no God and that is what an atheist is. The bible does not speak of the word atheist because that is a word we who speak English use to describe a person who say in their hearts there is no God, the hebrew language as far as I know was never written with the word atheist to describe such a person. The word asteroid is not in the bible either but that is an actual thing the word cell phone isn't in there but it is real

2 hours ago, HeartSearcher said:

Not exactly, the bible does speak of unbelievers men and women who say there is no God and that is what an atheist is. The bible does not speak of the word atheist because that is a word we who speak English use to describe a person who say in their hearts there is no God, the hebrew language as far as I know was never written with the word atheist to describe such a person. The word asteroid is not in the bible either but that is an actual thing the word cell phone isn't in there but it is real

Were not talking about asteroids or cell phones, even space ships, Holden cars or motorcycles, all which are not mentioned in the Bible.

We, this day call NON - BELIEVERS, atheists. Non believers these days call them selves atheists.

ANTI - THEIST,  which is the conviction that no god exist. (the A does not stand for ANTI)

ATHEIST.

noun

a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Simple Definition of atheist

: a person who believes that God does not exist

Full Definition of atheist

1. :  one who believes that there is no deity

athe·is·ticplay \ˌā-thē-ˈis-tik\ or athe·is·ti·cal play \ˌā-thē-ˈis-ti-kəl\ adjective
athe·is·ti·cal·ly play \-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

In the Psalms, they are also called atheists FOOLS, Psalm 14:1, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."

Psalm 14:1, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." 

Psalm 53:1, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good."

Hebrew: A Fool, "nabel," stupid, wicked, impious, vile.
From "Nabel," to fall away, lightly esteem.

God speaks of non-believers in the Bible in many places.

Deuteronomy 32 : 5, They have1 corrupted themselves, their spot is not the spot of his children: they are a perverse and crooked generation.

V. 6, Do ye thus requite the LORD, O foolish people and unwise? is not he thy Father that hath bought thee? hath he not made thee, and established thee?

Proverbs 17: 7, Excellent speech becometh not a fool: much less do lying lips a prince.

Hebrew words translated "FOOL,"

1. Lax or careless habit of mind and body; to be perverse, silly, and a fool. Used 20 times

Romans 3: 18, "There is no fear of God before their eyes."

Psalms 13:1, They are corrupt, they have done abominable works. . . . . .

Characteristics of FOOLS:
1. They deny the existence of God. (V. 1)

2. Live corrupt lives (V. 1)

3. Do abominable works (V. 2)

4. Are without understanding (V 2)

5. Ignore God  -  do not seek Him (V. 2)

6. Are not good, not one V. 1, 3)

7. Have all gone astray from God (V. 3)

8. Have become filthy in life (V. 3)

9. Live in Ignorance of God (V. 4)

10. Destroy God's people (V. 4)

11. Never pray (V. 4)

12. Oppress the poor (V. 5).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  7

I'm not sure what is meant to be achieved by insulting atheists on the apologetics forum. What is the goal here?

To show that apologetics is useless because atheists don't really exist?

To annoy and insult unbelievers to the point where they agree with you and convert?

To get an "amen" from the Christians, promoting a kind of "us versus them" mentality?

There are some of us who are serious about apologetics, who really care about unbelievers, and reading this kind of thing presents a smug, elitist kind of Christianity which is off-putting and unedifying. Precisely the kind of thing that drives many believers away from the truth in the first place. Sure you can claim you're only quoting the word of God, but you're not doing so in a spirit of genuine care and concern, but in a spirit of condescension. In a section of the forum which is meant to be a place where atheists can ask questions and discuss our beliefs with us.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/20/1990

2 hours ago, LuftWaffle said:

I'm not sure what is meant to be achieved by insulting atheists on the apologetics forum. What is the goal here?

To annoy and insult unbelievers to the point where they agree with you and convert?

To get an "amen" from the Christians, promoting a kind of "us versus them" mentality?

There are some of us who are serious about apologetics, who really care about unbelievers, and reading this kind of thing presents a smug, elitist kind of Christianity which is off-putting and unedifying. Precisely the kind of thing that drives many believers away from the truth in the first place. Sure you can claim you're only quoting the word of God, but you're not doing so in a spirit of genuine care and concern, but in a spirit of condescension. In a section of the forum which is meant to be a place where atheists can ask questions and discuss our beliefs with us.

I believe the op had good intentions for the thread I am not sure exactly how well versed the op is in what he posted though

13 hours ago, LuftWaffle said:

I am far from perfect and try the best I can with what I know and where I am at this time in my life.

My purpose is far from trying to annoy or purposely insult anyone. If non - believers get annoyed by the truth of God then that's too bad. Christ annoyed and insulted people during His life here on Earth to the point where they couldn't wait to murder Him.

My aim is to hopefully make some people see the error of their ways. God in His Word clearly states His mind regarding those who are non - believers. God means what He says when He says what He means.  I would rather be thanked in Heaven one day for helping and encouraging non- believers in Heaven than end up because of silence in Hell and be cursed by them in Hell for not showing them what God wants of us/

I one time, a long time ago stumbled across a "Boy Love," site, (as in physically loving them) and read where they said there's nothing wrong with loving boys! They continually quoted this Scripture;

Matt. 19:14, "But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me:  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  "

I  persevered with them on this horrid site as long as I could bare it showing the via Scripture what God truly thinks about such things.  After some days and enduring much abuse, and being accused of insulting them, I left the site and put my work there in God's hands.

Some weeks later I received a pm, from only one member profusely thanking me for not only revealing God to him, but also for revealing to him the terrible sin's he had been committing throughout his life. He told me that after having followed the thread closely, without comment, he decided to buy a Bible and check out ever Scripture I had provided regarding sodomy and hurting children.

Remember what Christ said and did to the Pharisee's, the money changers and others? He was not overly worried about insulting anyone.

You know, many, not all non - believers occasionally come to Christian sites to insult believers and get great pleasure in doing so. If they come asking for help and guidance that's great and they will get all the help they want.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  7

9 hours ago, HAZARD said:

My purpose is far from trying to annoy or purposely insult anyone. If non - believers get annoyed by the truth of God then that's too bad. Christ annoyed and insulted people during His life here on Earth to the point where they couldn't wait to murder Him.

I wish I had a buck for every time I've seen this approach used in an attempt to justify being ungratious and insensitive. The danger with doing so is not only that you're being ungratious, but that you're trying to make it into a Godly virtue...
This works out great because one gets to be as offensive as one pleases, but as long as God is mentioned and scripture then anyone taking offense is just demonstrating offense of the gospel. Win Win!

Of course Jesus chased the money lenders out the temple, but he also supped with tax collectors, healed the sick, raised the dead, gave grace to an adulteress, dished out wholesale forgiveness and so on and so on. In fact the people who got into trouble with Jesus were the people who thought they were allright. Who viewed themselves as servants of Yahweh and using scripture to justify themselves.

It's good that you desire to emulate Jesus, and I'm hoping you'll try emulate Jesus' other virtues too and not just His righteous indignation. Jesus was called "Friend of sinners" more often than "Offender of sinners"

"Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man."

"And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will."

I don't want to belabour this any further, just wanted to let you know that I disagreed with your approach in the OP.

I see you've listed wheel-driving as an interest? I've never heard of that, what is it?

4 minutes ago, LuftWaffle said:

I wish I had a buck for every time I've seen this approach used in an attempt to justify being ungratious and insensitive. The danger with doing so is not only that you're being ungratious, but that you're trying to make it into a Godly virtue...
This works out great because one gets to be as offensive as one pleases, but as long as God is mentioned and scripture then anyone taking offense is just demonstrating offense of the gospel. Win Win!

Of course Jesus chased the money lenders out the temple, but he also supped with tax collectors, healed the sick, raised the dead, gave grace to an adulteress, dished out wholesale forgiveness and so on and so on. In fact the people who got into trouble with Jesus were the people who thought they were allright. Who viewed themselves as servants of Yahweh and using scripture to justify themselves.

It's good that you desire to emulate Jesus, and I'm hoping you'll try emulate Jesus' other virtues too and not just His righteous indignation. Jesus was called "Friend of sinners" more often than "Offender of sinners"

"Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man."

"And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will."

I don't want to belabour this any further, just wanted to let you know that I disagreed with your OP.

I see you've listed wheel-driving as an interest? I've never heard of that, what is it?

Disagree all you want, the Bible is full of warnings and reminders that those who deny God will not be saved. The majority of non-believers I have met and know are not Bible literate, in fact one of my closest friends often tells me and those around us at the time that he does not believe in God at all, and says when he dies there will be nothing at all, just death, the end, all over! So are you suggesting I say; "No worries mate, all will be good, you have nothing to worry about?" Nothing I say or do will ever convince him any differently.

Jesus plainly and clearly stated in; Matt. 10:33, "But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

So as not to be seen as ungracious and insensitive as you put it, toward my friend and other un - believers, your suggesting I remain quiet about God and His word? I have had dozens of them laugh, mock, poke fun at and ridicule much of what I have revealed to them regarding God and yet, a few have turned.

Sure God is loving, kind, merciful, and long suffering, but to remain a non - believer until death and on  judgment day it will be too late for them to have a change of heart. I don't want to be around when God separates them from His faithful believers and have Him tell me, WHY DID YOU NOT TELL THEM."

4 X 4. Four wheel drive vehicles. Traveling across unexplored territory, no roads, bridges, directional signage just maps of the territory in general. Hunting, fishing and surviving without outside assistance.

Jesus, who dined with sinners, publicans, and those He would die for had something to say to not only non- believers, but those who pretended to be followers of God and He didn't seem to worried about being  ungracious and insensitive when He said these things;

Mat 22:18, But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?
Mat 23:13, But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
Mat 23:14, Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
Mat 23:15, Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
Mat 23:23, Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise3 and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Mat 23:25, Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
Mat 23:27, Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
Mat 23:29, Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

There Is Power

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. James 3:17

In The Love

To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men. Titus 3:2

Of God

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23

And We Are Blessed

He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love. Song Of Solomon 2:4

Love, Your Brother Joe