IGNORED

YOUR Church has put a DRESS CODE in place!

kwikphilly

Guest Butero
4 hours ago, RobertS said:

I don't like using the "all natural" angle myself; after all, hemlock is all natural as well.

As for "rare meat": if prices keep going up, it's going to become RARE alright! :laugh:

The issue isn't really whether or not pot is natural.  God never designed our lungs to inhale smoke of any kind.  We know the damage it does to our lungs when we do so. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Butero said:

The issue isn't really whether or not pot is natural.  God never designed our lungs to inhale smoke of any kind.  We know the damage it does to our lungs when we do so. 

Hi Butero

I  agree..There is a sin unto death, when we choose that which is not natural and healthy for us, and how would Moses have been walking to his grave in all his strengh, if he had treated his body with such contempt by willfully inhaling smoke?..

God bless

Guest Robert
12 hours ago, Butero said:

I hate rare meat.  I cook everything very well done and at a restaurant, I order steak extra well done.  People that know me like to poke fun at the fact I eat food that is close to burnt.  In some cases, it is burnt. 

If inhaling smoke is harmful to your health, then what about eating charcoal? :P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, RobertS said:

If inhaling smoke is harmful to your health, then what about eating charcoal? :P

Get this, I laugh every time I drive into town and see the late-sippers on the sidewalks.

We have a total no-smoking ban on our streets, anywhere near cafe's, hotels, government building, bus stops etc. Yet, people sit at  sidewalk cafe's that has tables and chairs outside near the street,  drinking coffee, eating cakes while heavy traffic, cars, busses, trucks, idle past during peak hour, the smog so thick one can hardly see through it.

Light up a cigarette and they panic, He's smoking, put that out!" and if one refuses to put it out one can be fined up to $550.

"Mr Sullivan said most people were ‘‘sick of breathing other people’s smoke’’.

NSW Health inspectors are authorised to enforce  bans and issue up to $550 penalties for those who fail to comply."

There are times I dress up for church and sometimes casual. As long as you are dressed modestly, not looking as if you just left a social gathering. Sometimes I wonder with women that I see in church totally disregard what MODESTLY means! God's house is to be respected!

Guest Butero
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 7:18 PM, RobertS said:

There are probably a lot of things we all eat that are not healthy.  I am a truck driver.  I can be going out of my way to find healthy choices like a salad bar and find it impossible because of where the load picks up.  Still, our body is made to take in food, but our lungs are not created to inhale smoke.  It is just common sense. 

I just have this thing about making sure my food is very well done.  I will cook steak or hamburger on the George Forman grill, and it has a light on it to tell you when it is done.  I will start out cooking it till the light goes out, and then flip it.  I will continue cooking, and flip it again, and again and again until there is nothing left to run off the grill, and then it is ready for me.  This works out good as my wife likes her meat well done too.  The only place where I am different is that I will make my toast very dark, and she doesn't like that.  I think it is more healthy to eat food very well done because it kills parasites.  It is especially important in chicken and pork, but I don't take chances with anything. 

Guest Butero
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 7:35 PM, HAZARD said:

Get this, I laugh every time I drive into town and see the late-sippers on the sidewalks.

We have a total no-smoking ban on our streets, anywhere near cafe's, hotels, government building, bus stops etc. Yet, people sit at  sidewalk cafe's that has tables and chairs outside near the street,  drinking coffee, eating cakes while heavy traffic, cars, busses, trucks, idle past during peak hour, the smog so thick one can hardly see through it.

Light up a cigarette and they panic, He's smoking, put that out!" and if one refuses to put it out one can be fined up to $550.

That is an interesting observation.  I don't give people a hard time over second hand smoke.  I have never believed all the hype about how bad that is for you.  I don't even mind restaurants having smoking sections.  People should have a legal right to decide for themselves if they want to smoke.  I just believe it to be sinful.  It certainly is for me. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I will continue cooking, and flip it again, and again and again until there is nothing left to run off the grill, and then it is ready for me. 

Blessings Butero,,,,,,when I was a kid my mom & dad used to say I may as well eat a hockey puck!   When I go out to eat ,anything I order I say 'wvery well done" I  also add " before you bring it to me please give it back t7o the cook & tell him it is not well done enough",,,,,,,,,,,,,works every time!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  11/16/1960

There is everything from shorts to maxi-dresses at my church. I think the most important thing is that what we wear should be neat, clean, presentable and modest. I'm most comfortable in long walking shorts in the summer and pants in the winter w/ nice top- add a sweater, jacket or coat when the weather gets cold. I don't like when women show up in skirts or shorts that are too short or tops that are too low cut in the front. I think it takes the attention away from Jesus and puts it on the  woman in a way that she should not be attracting attention. I also don't like to see severely torn,ratty looking jeans. Now, if a homeless individual or someone who is struggling financially only has one set of clothes that are wearing thin maybe the church should consider establishing a free clothing closet if it doesn't already have one. This could be a great ministry to bless the Body of Christ.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

On 4/7/2016 at 6:39 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Brothers & Sisters......

My question may not be for everyone,,,,,,,this Topic has been discussed many times before ,some people hold fast to the customary,traditional mindset that ladies wear dresses to church & men wear suits,these folks probably have a separate wardrobe reserved as "Church Clothes" & they are not the best candidates for this imaginary situation,,,,,,,,There a group of individuals that believe that God does not look at outward appearance & He sees a persons heart,they feel their apparel is irrelevant & some of them will be sure to wear a clean shirt & neat jeans while the rest will throw anything on,,,,,,my question is for them........

Okay,so you don't believe in "dressing up" for church and you go to a church were the Pastor wears jeans & a T-shirt,,,,,people dress however they want and you are happy as a clam because you love God,you love your Pastor,you love your Church and you love the service,,,,,,wouldn't change a thing,,,,,,,,,every Sunday you leave church filled with the Word of God,,,,,,,,,,,Now the Pastor announces,,,,,We have put a "dress code" in place,,,,,,,,,men must wear suits & ladies must wear dresses! If you cannot afford it we will give you a gift certificate to help........What would you do? Would you leave or stay?.............Just curious.............

The reason I ask is because as I see the "dress code" at church has slipped away into oblivion I do believe I see more people in attendance that may not have been there if they had to "dress up",,,,,,I wonder if being "uncomfortable" for an hour or two would prevent some people from going to the Church they say they love everything about? Well,let's see what the majority is and who has the best answer........

With love-in Christ,Kwik

BTW,,,,,,,,,I don't know that I am supposed to answer,,,,,,,I am one of those people that do "dress up" for church no matter where I go and no matter what anyone else does,,,,,,,,,keep in mind,the question really is not about what you prefer but "What would you do?"...........

Honestly, an inner anger is arroused by this question.

Dress codes are an institution of man and should be treated as such.

The god of this world deceives the people into believing a outer garment justifies a man!

Examine yourselves you brood of vipers, for your outward appearance only covers the evil intentions of your hearts!

Do not be partial!!

Do not take for yourselves honor by name or deed, to gain standing among the brothers or sisters.

For God calls the lowly, He calls the humble and the meek, to take part in His eternal redemption.

You stir up Gods anger!

Praying out loud for all to hear, your reward is in the ears that hear!

Rejoicing in your riches oh church of Laodacia!!

Fall down and prostrate yourself for your day of testing is near!

The sheep and the goats are separated, each one put into their proper pens.

You will see what your clothing will reward you with, oh naked church!!

Repent for the day of judgement is nigh!

Love one another for the time is short!

With all Love and Patience except one another, do not judge the lowly, for you know not if you are being visited by an Angel.

Peace to you, brothers and sisters.