IGNORED

What do you think about veiled christians?

JNMRR

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

I do not know of any veiled Christians here in the United States of America. We do however have branches of Christians such as the Amish, Quakers etc that the women do have head coverings but they are not veils. In other parts of the world I am sure there are Christian women that wear veils because that is the culture and climate not so much the religon.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

21 hours ago, algots said:

So, desire and will isn't enough? He would have to insist on it? Let's say he did. Would you then?

This is not meant to be antagonistic.

The very question itself is antagonistic I gave you an answer and you didn't accept it.  You didn't like it.  Maybe because you cannot control the women who refuse to do as you wish they do.  I cannot even put myself into that place because as I said Steve was not like that.   There was never a time he said no when I told him that I was going somewhere, or told me I was going to do something.  All he would do is tell me to be careful, and call him when I was ready to come home so he could open the gate for me.  Those were the times my friend and I might go out to a movie and Martha and I would meet at the theater, leave the same time so we knew that both of us would be safe.  But this wearing a head covering is just plain silly and I am not going to be pulled into this discussion. 

7 hours ago, JG Hemlock said:

I think that I will never be forced to wear this garb. Oh no...that is not what I think...that is what I know.

Amen Sister!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I believe the question itself was asked to be antagonistic or an attempt anyways. The fact of the matter is that women of the Lord's have long hair and this is our covering. Now if we are talking about any other false God here on this Christian website then this particular question is irrelevant to us in the U.S.  Here in the U.S. I used to tan at an apartment pool. I always found it quite strange and hypocritical to see the women covered in all this garb but their husband has a speedo on walking around the pool area. What is THAT all about? I think the men should wear a veil too..to go along with the spiritual veil they wear- it just seems proper. Just so women don't look at the icky speedo and lust. I have to go now and concentrate on getting that horrible memory out of my head and stop my urge to vomit right now. LOL

16 hours ago, JG Hemlock said:

I believe the question itself was asked to be antagonistic or an attempt anyways. The fact of the matter is that women of the Lord's have long hair and this is our covering. Now if we are talking about any other false God here on this Christian website then this particular question is irrelevant to us in the U.S.  Here in the U.S. I used to tan at an apartment pool. I always found it quite strange and hypocritical to see the women covered in all this garb but their husband has a speedo on walking around the pool area. What is THAT all about? I think the men should wear a veil too..to go along with the spiritual veil they wear- it just seems proper. Just so women don't look at the icky speedo and lust. I have to go now and concentrate on getting that horrible memory out of my head and stop my urge to vomit right now. LOL

Jesus is still my covering because I have short hair, I mean like pixie short.  And as for the leering, lustful looks that is the mans problem not mine.  And your right JG the question itself is antagonistic just as I said.  It almost sounds as if there might a control issue with the one asking the question.   Just my opinion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, JNMRR said:

I mean christians. If a christian woman think it gives her protection or if she want to veil herself like that. And if headcoverings are ok, would this kind of headcovering be ok then?

I don't know any Christians who wear this. Then again I live in a small town. I really don't think anything of it. To each their own. If a Christian wants to wear this I have no issue. It is between them and God.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

A lot of it is cultural. In the U.S. this would stand out, and likely a women would be thought by most here, to be something other than Christian. In some places it the world, it might blend in, yet still not be assumed to be Christian.
I have no problem with it either way.I probably would prefer to see Christian women move  more in this direction, that toward styles that are at time, too immodest or too revealing. 
I do not want to see Christians anywhere, dress out of some sense of legalism. Christian women, in my opinion, should dress modestly. However, I think when the Bible speaks to that, it is mostly speaking to not dressing over fancy, in a way that would make one outshine the others in a setting.
Our focust, astehtically, is that it is not too important, I do not think gaudy, glitzy, skimpy, dirty, impoverished, gothic, or any other specific appearence is to be sought, but instead just presentable with inner beauty of a life well lived is more important.

I also think the same principles, can be applied to men, and not just in clothing. Is that 4 Wheeler dressed in bling? Can be the same thing. Vanity affects us all.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, RustyAngeL said:

And as for the leering, lustful looks that is the mans problem not mine.

That is indeed a problem for some, however, when we know people have problems, and we can do something to help them, it never hurts to consider them, instead of ourselves. 

Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this—not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother’s way. I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.  It is good not to eat meat or to drink wine, or to do anything by which your brother stumbles. Therefore, if food causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble.

Do the words Paul wrote above, have any application here?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

7 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

I still wouldn't do it, because the man I married would never insist on it. 

I agree.  And anyway it's not the man's decision whether his wife covers or not.  I personally would never do it.  And who would want to make others think they're a muslim? 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, JNMRR said:

I mean christians. If a christian woman think it gives her protection or if she want to veil herself like that. And if headcoverings are ok, would this kind of headcovering be ok then?

I can see what the point of it would be.