IGNORED

What do you think about veiled christians?

JNMRR

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

10 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

A lot of it is cultural. In the U.S. this would stand out, and likely a women would be thought by most here, to be something other than Christian. In some places it the world, it might blend in, yet still not be assumed to be Christian.
I have no problem with it either way.I probably would prefer to see Christian women move  more in this direction, that toward styles that are at time, too immodest or too revealing. 
I do not want to see Christians anywhere, dress out of some sense of legalism. Christian women, in my opinion, should dress modestly. However, I think when the Bible speaks to that, it is mostly speaking to not dressing over fancy, in a way that would make one outshine the others in a setting.
Our focust, astehtically, is that it is not too important, I do not think gaudy, glitzy, skimpy, dirty, impoverished, gothic, or any other specific appearence is to be sought, but instead just presentable with inner beauty of a life well lived is more important.

I also think the same principles, can be applied to men, and not just in clothing. Is that 4 Wheeler dressed in bling? Can be the same thing. Vanity affects us all.

Well said, O Man, and I also would like to see women dress more modestly. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

I hate the idea because it associates Allah, the moon god, as being equal with Christ. Satan is the father of all lies. Which I know you know and Muhammad was no prophet. In the Qur'an it says that Christ did not die on the cross and it was faked. I give no respect to the veil, to me it is a sign of ignorance and the abuse of women. God created the beauty of women and I can appreciate such without lusting them. If you look at the Islamic culture and high incidence of rape the veil does nothing to prevent the occurrence of such evil actions.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Problem is Babbler, that not everyone lives where you do. For some, Allah, is not the name of a moon god, it is the word FOR God in their language. In their (Christian) Bibles, where you see the word God, they  see the word Allah. Allah is not His name, just like God is not the name of the God of Christians in English speaking countries.

In their case, what you are saying is a bit offensive, since you are saying the Yahweh, the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, is the moon god.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

After reading the answers i started thinking that some of you view veiling of the women as oppressive thing but i myself see it as protection and not oppressive.

They wore similiar things even in jesus time, or atleast they were pictured to wear.. 5d795f53d011a782977e9fa9d69b7afa.jpg

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, JNMRR said:

but i myself see it as protection and not oppressive.

These outfits you are showing in your first post of the thread, can not keep a woman from being raped. Rape is NOT about lust. Its about having power and control over someone else. This action is done to remove the dignity of another through violence.  Someone who decides and is determined to commit this act of violence will not be hindered by a hijab. It is false security to think that items of clothing can protect you from someone who is bent on harming you.

I understand there are countries in which it is the law to wear one, and you have no choice but to wear one. But in a country that does not require it, . . . it will not be readily worn except by those who have chosen to. Which is very very very few.  If you live in a country where it is an option to wear or not wear, and you want to wear one. That is entirely up to you.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, JNMRR said:

After reading the answers i started thinking that some of you view veiling of the women as oppressive thing but i myself see it as protection and not oppressive.

They wore similiar things even in jesus time, or atleast they were pictured to wear.. 5d795f53d011a782977e9fa9d69b7afa.jpg

Yes about the times they wore these long garments, even men for that matter.

It was most likely for many reasons, even protection against bugs, germs, to hot sunlight , a shield from weather conditions, a good way to conceal a weapon.

The middle east can be quite hot or with desert storms, poor defense against bugs or germs, so covering up would make sense especially in those days with not the advanced technology that we have today.

In the 20th century, the dress code has changed with the introduction of better hygiene, medicine, protection from weather conditions through heated housing, air conditioning...  There were probably many more factors than one for wearing such highly covered garment gear.

Wearing all these long covering garments definitely impedes away from more comfort and freedom of movement.

At home were I live, I feel blessed to be able to wear the days I am not going out anywhere,  cotton stretchballet pants (can't think of the name) and a top that is fitted so that my body movements can be as unrestricted as possible.

To go out in public, being dressed clean, decent and sensible should be a Christians incentive weather you are a man or a woman. It does not have to be a total cover up from head to toe.

I am glad that we live in a time wear choice of garment is not as restricted as it was in years past throughout different centuries.

I mean at on point in time even certain fabrics of material or even jewelry were restricted to certain classes of people.

Many times the dress codes of the times have been used for more than one purpose, but they all have in some way been used for expression of who you are and what social, religious standing you have.

7 hours ago, JNMRR said:

Are you a woman, IMNRR?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

17 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

I gave you an answer and you didn't accept it.  I cannot even put myself into that place because as I said Steve was not like that.    There was never a time he said no when I told him that I was going somewhere, or told me I was going to do something.  All he would do is tell me to be careful, and call him when I was ready to come home so he could open the gate for me.  Those were the times my friend and I might go out to a movie and Martha and I would meet at the theater, leave the same time so we knew that both of us would be safe.  But this wearing a head covering is just plain silly and I am not going to be pulled into this discussion. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

15 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

That is indeed a problem for some, however, when we know people have problems, and we can do something to help them, it never hurts to consider them, instead of ourselves. 

Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this—not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother’s way. I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.  It is good not to eat meat or to drink wine, or to do anything by which your brother stumbles. Therefore, if food causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble.

Do the words Paul wrote above, have any application here?

I can assure you Omega I dress very casually and properly. I don't do the low cut tops or skin tight shorts.  Acutally don't wear shorts at all.  Capreese.  yes but not shorts, at least not for me.  Since I'm not a kid anymore.   So what goes on in a mans mind when he looks at me is his problem.  I don't even think about it anymore because I'm at an age where I"m sure men look at much younger women.  

14 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I can assure you Omega I dress very casually and properly. I don't do the low cut tops or skin tight shorts.  Acutally don't wear shorts at all.  Capreese.  yes but not shorts, at least not for me.  Since I'm not a kid anymore.   So what goes on in a mans mind when he looks at me is his problem.  I don't even think about it anymore because I'm at an age where I"m sure men look at much younger women.  

You'd be surprised, Rusty.  I've been hit on by much younger men and I always just scratch my head.  I'm a grandmother, for goodness sake!  But, I'm like you, I don't wear revealing clothes, ever.