• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

14 hours ago, *Deidre* said:

I'm not changing anything, I'm making a statement that I've known people who have married, and they were unequally yoked. I'm sure you know of some too. That's not changing Scripture, I'm simply sharing that. I state that the Bible is clear on this, but I forget on this forum how people here like to correct one another, even when no correction is necessary. 

Deidre, On this forum we stand with scripture.  Period.  To even suggest that it might be OK to marry outside your belief system,  as a Christian could be dangerous to someone who is just not ready to listen or even be strong enough to stand on the word.  So my question would be if as you say the Bible is clear on this subject why even bring up that fact you know couples who have done this.  I just think it might be a slippery slope. My opinion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

22 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

Deidre, On this forum we stand with scripture.  Period.  To even suggest that it might be OK to marry outside your belief system,  as a Christian could be dangerous to someone who is just not ready to listen or even be strong enough to stand on the word.  So my question would be if as you say the Bible is clear on this subject why even bring up that fact you know couples who have done this.  I just think it might be a slippery slope. My opinion.

l agree.  I don't see how it could ever work out because, in order for a muslim to marry a Christian, the Christian must convert to islam.  And doing such a thing would place that person outside of God. Personally, i believe it's too high of a price to pay.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Deidre/Rusty

If I may.,I believe I have lived enough years to have known many many people who were/are unequally yoked & to say (or share) that it may have worked out well for the occasional "few" is not really any great revelation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,honestly,in all the couples I have ever known that were married where one is Christian & one is not has resulted in many heartaches & unnecessary stress & strife throughout their journey,,,,,,,,,,,,,very rarely has the end result been that the 'non-Christian" becomes "Saved" & they live happily ever after,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I know of one woman of God ,a Spirit Filled,Born Again woman who was  married to an unbeliever now for 40 some odd years,,,this Faithful woman of God was brought up with the belief that you marry for life & she has literally had a very long,trying,painful,& rough marriage ,,,,,FINALLY,Praise the Lord,He dropped to his knees & accepted Jesus as His Lord & Savior,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Amazing,thank God but not common    (plus many years of misery)

Another one suffered many years of  tears & misery but she held on to her Faith & the husband passed away,she re-married a wonderful Jesus Loving man

I know many others & their stories are not so good.....exactly what the Word of God warns us about,,,,,,,,,,,,the "Believers" fell away

The stories we hear of  successful marriages between the 2 mixed are few and far between,they are simply "dreams of grandeur".,carnal mindedness & not very realistic                                                             With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, RustyAngeL said:

Because we live in this world, we are not of this world. We shouldn't bury our heads in the sand, pretending like those circumstances aren't happening. They are happening. It's better to admit they are happening, and as Christians, what do we do in response to those situations, when we observe them? I'm not condoning marrying people whom we are not equally yoked with, I'm bringing up the fact that it does happen, and how best to respond as a Christian, when we see it. I understand your point about the slippery slope, but please don't put words in my mouth, I'm not condoning anything that goes against Scripture. 

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, *Deidre* said:

I agree, but what should happen with people who are already in such marriages? 

If a Christian unknowingly married a Muslim, or a Muslim married a Christian and the Muslim partner does not in any way interfere in the Christian believers love of Christ, then they are sanctified by God. Our God is a righteous and just God.

1 Cor. 7:14, For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

35 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

If a Christian unknowingly married a Muslim, or a Muslim married a Christian and the Muslim partner does not in any way interfere in the Christian believers love of Christ, then they are sanctified by God. Our God is a righteous and just God.

1 Cor. 7:14, For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

This is the answer I wanted to see, thank you so much for posting this. Beautiful answer. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2

21 hours ago, *Deidre* said:

This, right here. While I try not to judge, the Bible is clear about things like this in order to help us, not hinder us. But, then there are circumstances where I've seen unequally yoked marriages, whereby the spouse who wasn't initially Christian at the beginning of the marriage, ended up converting from the good example of the Christian spouse. What do you make of those types of circumstances?

I knew a Jew who converted because he studied Christianity to prove to his Christian wife it was false,  and in the process he found out it was truth lol :D

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, spiderman1917 said:

I knew a Jew who converted because he studied Christianity to prove to his Christian wife it was false,  and in the process he found out it was truth lol :D

Happens all the time. I was raised a Catholic, I was confused and disappointed as a child and in my youth, I decided to study the Bible to prove it was false, even joined, 'unknowingly,' a sect., only to be further disappointed, and so continued to study and find the Bible is truly the Word of God.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

This scripture does not fit the original posters case. This verse is about two unbelieving people who have ALREADY been married, and one becomes a Christian after the fact. The original poster is NOT yet married. Totally different situation. Muslims are very open and vocal about their religion, especially in a country in which islam is the major religion. The point is. . .the original poster is very well aware of his belief's.

Deidre, no one is saying that they don't happen, but that scripture tells us to not do it, because there is indeed the enormous potential for a Christian to be pulled away from their walk in Christ. If this were not so, God would not need to tell us to NOT do it. It is hazardous to the spiritual health of a Christian. For every one case there are a 100 others who live in tears and regret. Its playing russian roulette with a Christian's relationship with Jesus. This isn't about romantic love, but about our walk with Christ.

Just because so and so did it, does NOT EVER make it ok for someone else to do the same. It is what God says is the ideal, not what other people do. The original poster has a conviction to NOT do it and it is coming from the holy spirit. And the many posts here are confirming that with a do NOT do it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

My friend married a muslim who became abusive.  He decided to take the children to Iran.  She fled with them and was living in fear of his finding them and taking them from her.  I worked with her and often gave her rides.  She remarried a Christian but it turned out he had hepatitis C and gave it to her.  Somehow the first husband found them and last I knew she had fled with her children again.  What a horrible life she made for herself and her kids.