• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, ezekiel said:

Sacrifice,   is the offering of food, objects or the lives of animals to a higher purpose , in particular divine beings, as an act of propitiation or worship. Christ says I lay down my life, He was the sin offering. The sacrifice of old were animals. Do you understand that we, rather people are the goats, sheep, bulls etc. This is why many can't see the temple in Ezekiel because many would think animal sacrifice will return. 

I find it interesting that Ezekiel states the sacrifices will be for burnt offerings, meat offerings, drink offerings, sin offerings to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.  The author of the linked article points this out as well. This comes directly from Ezekiel 45:17.

[Eze 45:17 KJV] 17 And it shall be the prince's part [to give] burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

Ezekiel doesn't allude to these sacrifices being for memorials or teaching future generations. This would be adding to scripture.

17 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

Christ himself states He will occupy the Temple.

Thanks Marv. But we have very different ideas and thoughts on this. Regardless, Christ states he is the temple:

[Jhn 2:19-21 KJV] 19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Can you provide the scripture where Christ states he will occupy the temple?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

25 minutes ago, mevosper said:

Can you provide the scripture where Christ states he will occupy the temple?

Ezk 43:7 - He said, "Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place for the soles of my feet.  This is where I will live among the Israelites forever.

In Christ

Montana Marv

2 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

Ezk 43:7 - He said, "Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place for the soles of my feet.  This is where I will live among the Israelites forever.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Ahh, pre-Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,580
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

9 hours ago, ezekiel said:

Sacrifice,   is the offering of food, objects or the lives of animals to a higher purpose , in particular divine beings, as an act of propitiation or worship. Christ says I lay down my life, He was the sin offering. The sacrifice of old were animals. Do you understand that we, rather people are the goats, sheep, bulls etc. This is why many can't see the temple in Ezekiel because many would think animal sacrifice will return. 

Shalom, ezekiel and mevosper.

The thing that you are not recognizing are the OTHER reasons for the "animal sacrifices." The temple was and will be a KOSHER BUTCHERSHOP, particularly for the Levi'iym ("Levites")! The meats offered were also given to the priests and their families as well as the food offerings - the firstfruits of the crops and the showbread that was made with leaven, except during Passover, and the drink offerings were all provided for the Levi'iym by the other tribes of Israel.

You're also neglecting the verses that say that YHWH loves the smell of burning fat!

Leviticus 3:1-17
1 And if his oblation be a sacrifice of peace offering, if he offer it of the herd; whether it be a male or female, he shall offer it without blemish before the LORD.
2 And he shall lay his hand upon the head of his offering, and kill it at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation: and Aaron's sons the priests shall sprinkle the blood upon the altar round about.
3 And he shall offer of the sacrifice of the peace offering an offering made by fire unto the LORD; the fat that covereth the inwards, and all the fat that is upon the inwards,
4 And the two kidneys, and the fat that is on them, which is by the flanks, and the caul above the liver, with the kidneys, it shall he take away.
5 And Aaron's sons shall burn it on the altar upon the burnt sacrifice, which is upon the wood that is on the fire: it is an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD.
6 And if his offering for a sacrifice of peace offering unto the LORD be of the flock; male or female, he shall offer it without blemish.
7 If he offer a lamb for his offering, then shall he offer it before the LORD.
8 And he shall lay his hand upon the head of his offering, and kill it before the tabernacle of the congregation: and Aaron's sons shall sprinkle the blood thereof round about upon the altar.
9 And he shall offer of the sacrifice of the peace offering an offering made by fire unto the Lord; the fat thereof, and the whole rump, it shall he take off hard by the backbone; and the fat that covereth the inwards, and all the fat that is upon the inwards,
10 And the two kidneys, and the fat that is upon them, which is by the flanks, and the caul above the liver, with the kidneys, it shall he take away.
11 And the priest shall burn it upon the altar: it is the food of the offering made by fire unto the LORD.
12 And if his offering be a goat, then he shall offer it before the LORD.
13 And he shall lay his hand upon the head of it, and kill it before the tabernacle of the congregation: and the sons of Aaron shall sprinkle the blood thereof upon the altar round about.
14 And he shall offer thereof his offering, even an offering made by fire unto the LORD; the fat that covereth the inwards, and all the fat that is upon the inwards,
15 And the two kidneys, and the fat that is upon them, which is by the flanks, and the caul above the liver, with the kidneys, it shall he take away.
16 And the priest shall burn them upon the altar: it is the food of the offering made by fire for a sweet savour: all the fat is the LORD'S.
17 It shall be a perpetual statute for your generations throughout all your dwellings, that ye eat neither fat nor blood.
KJV

He also enjoys His children - ALL of His children - present with Him on their festival days!

Ezekiel 45:17
17 And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.
KJV

Isaiah 66:22-23
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
KJV

6 hours ago, mevosper said:

Ahh, pre-Christ.

What in the world are you talking about, "Pre-Messiah?" You don't even have a good handle on what the "Messiah" is; how can you suppose a "PRE-Messiah?"

Don't you know that there have been "Messiahs" since MOSES?!

22 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

In Christ

19 hours ago, mevosper said:

Ahh, pre-Christ.

Montana Marv

Jesus Christ, while in the flesh, never talked about sitting in the temple. He did confirm that his body was the temple in John.

13 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

What in the world are you talking about, "Pre-Messiah?" You don't even have a good handle on what the "Messiah" is; how can you suppose a "PRE-Messiah?"

Don't you know that there have been "Messiahs" since MOSES?!

Retro -

What is the significance of the day in Ezekiel 40:1?

In Ezekiel 43:7, what do we know about God's throne, and the soles of his feet? Hint: It may have something to do with Heaven and Earth.

Ezekiel 43:11-12, Why should the Israelites be ashamed to see this house of God? This seems like something they would be proud to have in their land. What standard would they be measuring against to be ashamed? 

Ezekiel 43:18 - 27: This is not an everlasting statute that God is ordaining. These days are a one time event. Once this has taken place, then are they (Israelites, and ultimately all of mankind) accepted by God. This points to Christ's passion and resurrection. Notice that the next chapter, 44:1 begins with the east gate being shut meaning that daily sacrifices and the sacrifices of animals are no longer necessary. They were incapable of the atonement that Christ's sacrifice accomplished. Since the ultimate sacrifice and atonement had been accomplished, the old way is shut forever, hence the gate is shut.

By the way, you miss interpreted my quote. I did not suppose a pre-Messiah. Marv gave me a verse from the Old Testament, before Jesus Christ walked on the earth. If you needed clarity, you should have just left it at "What in the world are you talking about: pre-Christ?"

Just out of curiosity, what would you consider a "good handle" on what the Messiah is?

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  315
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/31/1959

15 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

0 And the two kidneys, and the fat that is upon them, which is by the flanks, and the caul above the liver, with the kidneys, it shall he take away.

In heaven there are not male or female but are as the angels in heaven.  moreover the whole earth will be burned with fire 

15 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

11 And the priest shall burn it upon the altar: it is the food of the offering made by fire unto the LORD.

On June 10, 2016 at 9:09 AM, mevosper said:

Jesus Christ, while in the flesh, never talked about sitting in the temple. He did confirm that his body was the temple in John.

Retro -

What is the significance of the day in Ezekiel 40:1?

In Ezekiel 43:7, what do we know about God's throne, and the soles of his feet? Hint: It may have something to do with Heaven and Earth.

Ezekiel 43:11-12, Why should the Israelites be ashamed to see this house of God? This seems like something they would be proud to have in their land. What standard would they be measuring against to be ashamed? 

Ezekiel 43:18 - 27: This is not an everlasting statute that God is ordaining. These days are a one time event. Once this has taken place, then are they (Israelites, and ultimately all of mankind) accepted by God. This points to Christ's passion and resurrection. Notice that the next chapter, 44:1 begins with the east gate being shut meaning that daily sacrifices and the sacrifices of animals are no longer necessary. They were incapable of the atonement that Christ's sacrifice accomplished. Since the ultimate sacrifice and atonement had been accomplished, the old way is shut forever, hence the gate is shut.

By the way, you miss interpreted my quote. I did not suppose a pre-Messiah. Marv gave me a verse from the Old Testament, before Jesus Christ walked on the earth. If you needed clarity, you should have just left it at "What in the world are you talking about: pre-Christ?"

Just out of curiosity, what would you consider a "good handle" on what the Messiah is?

Shabbat shalom, mevosper.

Well, Yeshua` DID say, 

Matthew 19:28-30
28 And Jesus said unto them,
Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

KJV

Matthew 25:31-46
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
KJV

This is NOT a "throne in Heaven!" This is a throne ON EARTH, IN THE NATION OF YESHUA`S ISRAEL! It will be a throne baashaamayimIN the heavens, that is, in the SKIES, because it sits upon a mountain! And, it is yet in the future, "when the Son of man shall come in His glory."

Regarding the "day" found in Ezekiel 40:1, it's really quite simple. It was the day that God chose to reveal some of the future to Yechezk'el (Ezekiel). Here; let's look at it from a different perspective:

Ezekiel 40:1-4
40:1 In the twenty-fifth year of our exile, at the beginning of the year, on the tenth day of the month — this was the fourteenth year after the city [of Yerushalayim] was struck — it was on that very day that the hand of Adonai was on me, and he took me there. 2 In visions God brought me into the land of Isra’el and put me down on a very high mountain; on it, toward the south, it seemed that a city was being built. 3 That is where he took me, and there in front of me was a man whose appearance was like bronze. He had a flax cord and a measuring rod in his hand, and he stood in the gateway. 4 The man said to me, “Human being, look with your eyes, hear with your ears, and pay attention to all the things I am showing you; because the reason you were brought here is so that I could show them to you. Tell everything you see to the house of Isra’el.” 
CJB

If you see any more significance to that day than that, you are READING INTO the Scriptures what was NOT there! You are guilty of eisegesis. 

Regarding Ezekiel 43:7, read it in a different light:

Ezekiel 43:5-12
5 Next, a spirit took me up and brought me into the inner courtyard, and I saw Adonai’s glory fill the house. 6 I heard someone speaking to me from the house, and a man was standing by me. 7 He said, “Human being, this is the place for my throne, the place for the soles of my feet, where I will live among the people of Isra’el forever. The house of Isra’el, both they and their kings, will never again defile my holy name by their prostitution, by [burying] the corpses of their kings [on] their high places, 8 or by placing their threshold next to my threshold and their door-frames next to my door-frames, with only a common wall between me and them. Yes, they defiled my holy name by the disgusting practices they committed; which is why I destroyed them in my anger. 9 So now, they should put their prostitution at a distance and the corpses of their kings far away from me; then I will live among them forever. 

10 “You, human being, describe this house to the house of Isra’el, so that they will be ashamed of their crimes. And let them measure accurately. 11 If they become ashamed of all they have done, show them the elevation and plan of the house, its exits and entrances, all its details and decorations, and all its specifications, its design and its Torah. Sketch it for them to see, so that they can observe the entire design with its specifications, and carry them out. 12 This is Torah for the house: the whole surrounding area on the mountaintop will be especially holy. This is Torah for the house.” 
CJB

These "people of Isra'el" are not ashamed of the Temple; they are ashamed of their SINS! Sins that almost cost them access to that Temple and to the God that Temple represented! By what standard are they measuring?! They would be measuring by the standard of a PERFECT, SINLESS, HOLY GOD, of course!

Oh, and read this passage correctly: Their repentance does NOT determine whether the House will be built; their repentance allows them to see the PLANS of the House that SHALL be built! God's plans and the House that He shall have built are PERMANENT; what is relative is whether WE will be a part of those plans by how WE humble ourselves to GOD!

Regarding Ezekiel 43:18-27, look at it again (or for the FIRST time correctly):

Ezekiel 43:18-27
18 And he said unto me,
Son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; These are the ordinances of the altar in the day when they shall make it, to offer burnt offerings thereon, and to sprinkle blood thereon.
19 And thou shalt give to the priests (plural) the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord GOD, a young bullock for a sin offering.
20 And thou shalt take of the blood thereof, and put it on the four horns of it, and on the four corners of the settle, and upon the border round about: thus shalt thou cleanse and purge it.
21 Thou shalt take the bullock also of the sin offering, and he shall burn it in the appointed place of the house, without (outside) the sanctuary.
22 And on the second day thou shalt offer a kid of the goats without blemish for a sin offering; and they shall cleanse the altar, as they did cleanse it with the bullock.
23 When thou hast made an end of cleansing it, thou shalt offer a young bullock without blemish, and a ram out of the flock without blemish.
24 And thou shalt offer them before the LORD, and the priests shall cast salt upon them, and they shall offer them up for a burnt offering unto the LORD.
25 Seven days shalt thou prepare every day a goat for a sin offering: they shall also prepare a young bullock, and a ram out of the flock, without blemish.
26 Seven days shall they purge the altar and purify it; and they shall consecrate themselves.
27 And when these days are expired, it shall be, that upon the eighth day, AND SO FORWARD, the priests shall make your burnt offerings upon the altar, and your peace offerings; and I will accept you, saith the Lord GOD.

KJV

Tell me this: Do you read to find out what the text GOD is saying (exegesis), or do you read a passage to find out if you can glean from it what you believe (eisegesis)? IS the Bible God's Holy Word using His Holy words, or do you think it's just a metaphor, an analogy, through and through? Does your teaching every weekend require you to read only those portions that you think will support your teaching, or do you read the Bible just to absorb what God is saying, regardless how long it takes to read it until you understand the full meaning of what you are reading? There are good reasons for all the pronoun endings in Hebrew, and the text of the Bible is CONSISTENT with the requirement in the Hebrew grammar to make those endings in consistent AGREEMENT in number and gender. Therefore, even the pronouns are important in translation! Furthermore, there is information in the Hebrew text provided that is occasionally LOST in translation because even the PLURAL pronoun endings carry GENDER!

Regarding the "shutting of the gate," read it ALL!

Ezekiel 44:1-3
1 Then he brought me back the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary which looketh toward the east; and it was shut.
2 Then said the Lord unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut.
3 It is for the prince; the prince, he shall sit in it to eat bread before the LORD; he shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate, and shall go out by the way of the same.
KJV

Ezekiel 46:1-10
1 Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the sabbath it shall be opened, and in the day of the new moon it shall be opened.
2 And the prince shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate without (outside), and shall stand by the post of the gate, and the priests shall prepare his burnt offering and his peace offerings, and he shall worship at the threshold of the gate: then he shall go forth; but the gate shall not be shut until the evening.
3 Likewise the people of the land shall worship at the door of this gate before the LORD in the sabbaths and in the new moons.
4 And the burnt offering that the prince shall offer unto the LORD in the sabbath day shall be six lambs without blemish, and a ram without blemish.
5 And the meat offering shall be an ephah for a ram, and the meat offering for the lambs as he shall be able to give, and an hin of oil to an ephah.
6 And in the day of the new moon it shall be a young bullock without blemish, and six lambs, and a ram: they shall be without blemish.
7 And he shall prepare a meat offering, an ephah for a bullock, and an ephah for a ram, and for the lambs according as his hand shall attain unto, and an hin of oil to an ephah.
8 And when the prince shall enter, he shall go in by the way of the porch of that gate, and he shall go forth by the way thereof.
9 But when the people of the land shall come before the LORD in the solemn feasts, he that entereth in by the way of the north gate to worship shall go out by the way of the south gate; and he that entereth by the way of the south gate shall go forth by the way of the north gate: he shall not return by the way of the gate whereby he came in, but shall go forth over against it.
10 And the prince in the midst of them, when they go in, shall go in; and when they go forth, shall go forth.
KJV

Finally, a good handle on "Messiah" would be to understand that there are MANY "Messiahs" (Hebrew: "mshiyachiym" the plural of "mashiyach") down through the years! The term "Messiah" is NOT strictly a title for Yeshua`, and it most CERTAINLY IS NOT another way to say that He is God! Aharown (Aaron) and his sons were "Messiahs" (Ex. 30:30) as was King Sha'uwl (Saul) (1 Sam. 10:1). King David was a "Messiah" three times (1 Sam. 16:13; 2 Sam. 2:4; 2 Sam. 5:3), and his son, King Shlomoh (Solomon) was also a "Messiah" (1 Kings 1:39). Eliyahu (Elijah) was instructed to make his replacement, Elishah (Elisha), a "Messiah" (1 Kings 19:16).

The word "Christ" comes from the Greek word "Christos" and is simply a translation of the Hebrew word "mashiyach" transliterated into English as "Messiah." Therefore "Christ" = "Messiah." Therefore, Aharown, his sons, Sha'uwl, David, Shlomoh, and Elishah were all "Christs!" That may be hard for some Christians to stomach, but it is the truth. There's nothing unique in the term!

Now, the prophecies speak of an ULTIMATE "Messiah" who would be a son of David and a son of Shlomoh, who would also be Israel's King and have an everlasting Kingdom:

Psalm 45:7-17
7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
8 All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.
9 Kings' daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir.
10 Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear; forget also thine own people, and thy father's house;
11 So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him.
12 And the daughter of Tyre shall be there with a gift; even the rich among the people shall intreat thy favour.
13 The king's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold.
14 She shall be brought unto the king in raiment of needlework: the virgins her companions that follow her shall be brought unto thee.
15 With gladness and rejoicing shall they be brought: they shall enter into the king's palace.
16 Instead of thy fathers shall be thy children, whom thou mayest make princes in all the earth.
17 I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever.
KJV

Psalm 89:20-37
20 I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:
21 With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.
22 The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.
23 And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.
24 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.
25 I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.
26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.
29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
30 If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;
31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;
32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.
33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
36 His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before me.
37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.
KJV

Isaiah 61:1-3
1 The Spirit of the LORD God is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
KJV

This was confirmed in Luke's Gospel:

Luke 1:30-35
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
KJV

This is what I mean by a "good handle" on the title. You need to understand WHY He was called the "Christ!"

12 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, mevosper.

Well, Yeshua` DID say, 

Matthew 19:28-30
28 And Jesus said unto them,
Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

KJV

Retrobyter

Matt 19:28-30

“...in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit on the throne of his glory…”. This is already happening. Stephen, during his stoning, claimed to see Christ at the right hand of God.

[Act 7:55-56 KJV] 55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Again, the disciples were able to understand things after his death and resurrection. And probably also through the Holy Spirit that was given at Pentecost:

[Jhn 12:16 KJV] 16  These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and [that] they had done these things unto him.

My point here is that Christ has already been glorified. There is no multiple glorifications for Joshua, the Christ. He is already glorified.

Matt 25:31-46

“When the son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory”

His resurrection from the dead is his “coming into glory”. Death no longer had a hold on mankind. As a side note to answer your question about how I know he is the Messiah: This is why ‘Joshua the Messiah’ (which would be a better interpretation of Jesus Christ into English) was crucified. This is why he is called The Messiah: his death and resurrection was the salvation unto life, and from eternity in the grave. His death and specifically, resurrection, nullified the judgment of sin.

Throne in the skies

Couple of reasons that cause me to pause regarding a physical mountain in the skies:

1. Christ does not sit in a temple made with hands, a building, a brick and mortar house. “[Act 7:48 KJV] 48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,”

2. The kingdom of God cannot be seen by seeing with the physical naked eye.  

1. [Luk 17:20-21 KJV] 20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

2. If it was in a cloud on a very high mountain, maybe a large mountain like Everest, I would be able to see the top of it in an airplane. But since I can’t see it with the physical look of my eye, I wouldn’t expect to see anything on top of a tall mountain that resembled a bright city/temple.

3. If it was a physical mount, it would be reachable through physical means. The kingdom of God is not by physical works, lest anybody should boast. [Eph 2:7-9 KJV] 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.  

Regarding the day in Ezekiel 40:1

Well, I do believe this is much more than just a random day chosen by God to show Ezekiel this very temple. There is significance in the 10th day of the 1st month of the year from the Old Testament perspective.

[Eze 40:1 KJV] 1 In the five and twentieth year of our captivity, in the beginning of the year, in the tenth [day] of the month, in the fourteenth year after that the city was smitten, in the selfsame day the hand of the LORD was upon me, and brought me thither.

This is the day that before the Passover Feast, the sacrificial lamb was to be brought into the house of the family.

[Exo 12:2-3 KJV] 2 This month [shall be] unto you the beginning of months: it [shall be] the first month of the year to you. 3 Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth [day] of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of [their] fathers, a lamb for an house:

This is day The Messiah rode upon the ass of a colt and was proclaimed to be the King. This is the day he rode into Jerusalem, into the city of the house of Israel.

[Mat 21:5 KJV] 5 Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.

[Jhn 12:12-16 KJV] 12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, 13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed [is] the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord. 14 And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written, 15 Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass's colt. 16  These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and [that] they had done these things unto him.

This is a significant day in Ezekiel that represents a law of God that is fulfilled by Jesus Christ/Joshua The Messiah/Yeshua Christos/the physical representation of God.

You are guilty of not rightly dividing the word of truth.   

Ezekiel 43:5-12

God is talking to Ezekiel while Ezekiel is in the spirit. God reminds Ezekiel that he is a man, a human being, of dust and clay. God is telling Ezekiel that this is where he will dwell. The current priesthood has defiled the earthly temple, but they will not be able to defile his spiritual temple. (Spiritual temple: notice Ezekiel is in the spirit. Otherwise, he wouldn’t be able to see it. This is easy to understand, and don’t let the simplicity of it be too overwhelming for you. It really is that simple).

[Eze 43:7-8 KJV] 7 And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne (heaven), and the place of the soles of my feet (earth, footstool), where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, [neither] they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places. 8 In their setting of their threshold by my thresholds, and their post by my posts, and the wall between me and them, they have even defiled my holy name by their abominations that they have committed: wherefore I have consumed them in mine anger.

Ashamed of their sins…

Correct. They are ashamed of their sins because this is what the law does, it tells of sin.

[Rom 7:1-25 KJV] 1  Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? 2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to [her] husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of [her] husband. 3 So then if, while [her] husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. 4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, [even] to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. 5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. 6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter. 7 What shall we say then? [Is] the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin [was] dead. 9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 10 And the commandment, which [was ordained] to life, I found [to be] unto death. 11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew [me]. 12 Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. 13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that [it is] good. 17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not. 19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

And Christ was the fulfillment of that law, the law that is represented in the measurements of Ezekiel’s temple:

[Mat 5:17 KJV] 17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

They would be measuring by the standard…

Of the Law of God. God defined what the law was, and by this definition, he also defines his Perfectness, Sinless, Holiness. Perfectness, sinlessness, and holiness are not just arbitrary items that one gets out of the sky. These are defined in his law and his word. So when someone says they must be measured by the standard of his Perfectness, Sinless, and Holiness, they are being measured by His law.

Retro says: “Oh, and read this passage correctly: Their repentance does NOT determine whether the House will be built; their repentance allows them to see the PLANS of the House that SHALL be built! “

This doesn’t even make sense. “Their repentance does NOT determine whether the House will be built; their repentance allows them to see the PLANS of the House that Shall be built”. They already have the plans. They are located within Ezekiel 40-48. According to what I’m understanding you as saying, they need to repent to “see the plans”? However, the plans are already available. Are you saying that currently the Jews are unable to see chapters 40-48? See why I’m confused with your statement here? Are you switching from physical to spiritual here? Can you clarify what you are trying to say

Ezekiel 43:18-27

This actually seems to be defined period of time (a week) in which sacrifices were made. It doesn't mention anything about being a perpetual practice in this temple age. I can see this as being Christ's passion week. Then upon his resurrection, and because of his complete atonement for sin, God’s grace was able to be poured onto mankind.

Sacrifice was to atone for sin. Since the sacrifice of animals could not accomplish this completely , souls of saints were imprisoned in the grave. Once Christ was resurrected, the souls of these saints could then be resurrected as well (Dan 12:2, Matt 27:52)

Christ was daily in the temple and probably getting quite a bit of “heat” from those in the priesthood, maybe even those from the seed of Zadok.

Ezekiel 44

Interesting from the perspective above that the gate of the outward sanctuary (holy place), that after God accepts you, the gate is sealed. Once Christ fulfilled all the law, there was no more reason for priests to go into or out of the sanctuary. That way, the way of sacrifice, has been sealed.

The outward sanctuary and inner court are 2 different areas. And again, this is a law that God wrote on tables (remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy), and also part of the law that was written on the tables of the heart (Jer 31:33, Heb 10:16). Even you highlighted a significant verse verifying this:

[Eze 46:3 KJV] 3 Likewise the people of the land shall worship at the door of this gate before the LORD in the sabbaths and in the new moons.

Conclusion

You accuse me of not reading, studying, or hearing the word of God. Yet you tell me that the 10th day of the first month of the beginning of the year is just some random day. That it was chosen by God to put someone in a trance to show them something that is going to happen more than 3000 years in advance. I think you are missing some very key elements in your understanding. Know this, no amount of schooling or training at any theological seminary or learning of torah is going to give you the spirit of God. You must approach God like a little child with faith.

[Mat 18:3 KJV] 3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
[Mat 19:14 KJV] 14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
[Mar 10:14 KJV] 14 But when Jesus saw [it], he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

[Luk 18:16 KJV] 16 But Jesus called them [unto him], and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

• 2 weeks later...

On June 12, 2016 at 1:31 PM, mevosper said:

Retrobyter

Matt 19:28-30

“...in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit on the throne of his glory…”. This is already happening. Stephen, during his stoning, claimed to see Christ at the right hand of God.

[Act 7:55-56 KJV] 55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Again, the disciples were able to understand things after his death and resurrection. And probably also through the Holy Spirit that was given at Pentecost:

[Jhn 12:16 KJV] 16  These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and [that] they had done these things unto him.

My point here is that Christ has already been glorified. There is no multiple glorifications for Joshua, the Christ. He is already glorified.

Shalom, mevosper.

No, you've got a weak understanding of "regeneration!" If "this is already happening," then it's disappointing! IF He was already ruling and reigning "on the throne of His glory," then He's a weak and ineffectual King! This I am NOT willing to accept!

It's not just about an individual's "new birth," and it CERTAINLY cannot be talking about Yeshua`s Resurrection! It's about the re-birth of the Land, specifically the Land of Israel! However imperfect it may be, here's Barnes' explanation of this word "regeneration" as supplied by BibleHub:

Verily I say unto you - Jesus in this verse declares the reward which they would have.

They were not to look for it now, but in a future period.

That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration - This word occurs but once elsewhere in the New Testament, Titus 3:5. It literally means a new birth, or being born again. Applied to man, it denotes the great change when the heart is renewed, or when the sinner begins to be a Christian. This is its meaning, clearly, in the passage referred to in Titus; but this meaning cannot be applied here. Christ was not born again, and in no proper sense could it be said that they had followed him in the new birth; but the word also means any great change, or a restoration of things to a former state or to a better state. In this sense it is probably used here. It refers to that great revolution - that restoration of order in the universe - that universal new birth which will occur when the dead shall rise, and all human things shall be changed, and a new order of things shall start up out of the ruins of the old, when the Son of man shall come to judgment. The passage, then, should be read, "Ye which have followed me shall, as a reward in the great day of the resurrection of the dead, and of forming the new and eternal order of things - the day of judgment, the regeneration - be signally honored and blessed."

-emphasis mine.

The problem with all commentaries is that NO ONE can get it all right. So, the more you quote, the worse the quote becomes. We all, each one of us, can have brilliant insights into the Scriptures from time to time, and I believe that those insights are indeed supplied by the Ruwach haQodesh (the Holy Spirit). As far as Barnes has gone here, I believe he has things correct. The challenge is to state ONLY what the Ruwach haQodesh has revealed and not add what we THINK we know from what we have learned in someone's teaching or theology.

Another problem with commentaries is that for any one commenter you find with whom you can agree, you will find many more commenters with whom you won't agree. Who's right and who's wrong? Well, I strongly recommend that one follows the Scriptures as quoted in Romans 3:4:

Romans 3:4
4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
KJV

There's just little sense in quoting commentaries, but I wanted you to see that I'm not alone in my take on this word "regeneration" (Greek: "paliggenesia" = "rebirth; renovation; Messianic restoration").

NT:3824 paliggenesia (pal-ing-ghen-es-ee'-ah); from NT:3825 and NT:1078; (spiritual) rebirth (the state or the act), i.e. (figuratively) spiritual renovation; specifically, Messianic restoration:
KJV - regeneration.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Thus, I believe that this word is talking about the restoration of Israel's glory when the Messiah returns, and I believe that the Twelve will literally be given 12 thrones (judgment seats) upon which they will judge the twelve tribes of Israel - the MESSIAH'S Israel.

Now, Stephen may have seen the glory of GOD and Yeshua` STANDING on the right hand side of God, His Father, but that does NOT mean that Yeshua` was sitting on "the throne of His glory."

Regarding "glory" (Greek: "doxa" = "brightness"; "that which makes something stand out as very apparent"), I have a VERY LITERAL view of the word: Observe how the word is used in 1 Corinthians 15:40ff:

1 Corinthians 15:40-43
40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
KJV

See, in these verses (and I believe throughout the Bible), one could substitute the word "brightness" like this:

1 Corinthians 15:40-43
40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the brightness of the celestial is one, and the brightness of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one brightness of the sun, and another brightness of the moon, and another brightness of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in brightness.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in brightness: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
KJV

It's used of the sun, the moon, and the stars. It is also used for our new bodies when we come back to life again. Notice how the word is used in the following passages:

Matthew 16:27-17:13
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said,
This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
7 And Jesus came and touched them, and said,
Arise, and be not afraid.
8 And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.
9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying,
Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.
10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.
KJV

Mark 8:38-9:13
38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.
2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.
3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller (bleach) on earth can white them.
4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.
5 And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
6 For he wist not what to say; for they were sore afraid.
7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying,
This is my beloved Son: hear him.
8 And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no man any more, save Jesus only with themselves.
9 And as they came down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead.
10 And they kept that saying with themselves, questioning one with another what the rising from the dead should mean.
11 And they asked him, saying, Why say the scribes that Elias must first come?
12 And he answered and told them,
Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.
13 But I say unto you, That Elias is indeed come, and they have done unto him whatsoever they listed, as it is written of him.

KJV

Luke 9:26-36
26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

28 And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray.
29 And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering.
30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:
31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.
32 But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him.
33 And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.
34 While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud.
35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying,
This is my beloved Son: hear him.
36 And when the voice was past, Jesus was found alone. And they kept it close, and told no man in those days any of those things which they had seen.
KJV

Obviously, these are three different views of the same event. The point is that Yeshua` AND the two men who appeared with Him were GLOWING! And, it wasn't some soft glow like you see in the movies. Yeshua`s face RIVALED THE SUN IN ITS BRILLIANCE! And, His clothes were BRIGHT WHITE, WHITER THAN ANY LAUNDRY SOAP OR BLEACH COULD GET THEM! It was just like it was for Moses:

Exodus 34:29-35
29 And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.
30 And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him.
31 And Moses called unto them; and Aaron and all the rulers of the congregation returned unto him: and Moses talked with them.
32 And afterward all the children of Israel came nigh: and he gave them in commandment all that the LORD had spoken with him in mount Sinai.
33 And till Moses had done speaking with them, he put a vail on his face.
34 But when Moses went in before the LORD to speak with him, he took the vail off, until he came out. And he came out, and spake unto the children of Israel that which he was commanded.
35 And the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone: and Moses put the vail upon his face again, until he went in to speak with him.
KJV

This isn't just some "allegory" or fairytale! It REALLY HAPPENED! It's not some "spiritual" brightness that only "spiritual" people could see! It was REAL BRIGHTNESS!

Therefore, "glory" is NOT a PLACE! It is a RADIANCE! Thus, the "throne of His glory" is the throne upon which He will be sitting when His FACE SHALL SHINE LIKE THE SUN!

Matthew 17:9 above tells us that the Transfiguration was a VISION of things to come!

Matt 25:31-46

“When the son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory”

His resurrection from the dead is his “coming into glory”. Death no longer had a hold on mankind. As a side note to answer your question about how I know he is the Messiah: This is why ‘Joshua the Messiah’ (which would be a better interpretation of Jesus Christ into English) was crucified. This is why he is called The Messiah: his death and resurrection was the salvation unto life, and from eternity in the grave. His death and specifically, resurrection, nullified the judgment of sin.

Thus, your take on Matthew 25:31-46 is INSUFFICIENT! Oh, I'm not going to belittle what Yeshua` did for us; His death on the cross and His resurrection from the dead are indeed important and necessary for God to justify us, but it is NOT His "coming into glory!"

Yes, it would be better to say, "Joshua the Messiah," IF it weren't for the fact that "Joshua" is the WRONG NAME! Just change one little letter, "o" into "e," and say, "Jeshua," instead. That's biblical (KJV) and it's a transliteration of the RIGHT name! Thus, He is "Jeshua the Messiah."

But, why not go one last step, and do what I have done? Use a transliteration scheme that PRESERVES the pronunciation of the name! His name in Hebrew (and Aramaic) is spelled "yod-shin-vav-`ayin," typically with the vowel pointing, it's "yod-(tsere)-shin-(shureq)-`ayin," and His title with the definite article "ha-" is spelled "hei-mem-shin-yod-chet," typically with the vowel pointing, it's "hei-(patach)-mem-(qamets)-shin-(chireq)-yod-(patach)-chet." Thus, we could write either "Y-SH-W-` H-M-SH-Y-CH" or "YeeSHuWa` HaMaaSHiYaCH," where "a" is like the "a" in "father," "aa" is like the "aw" in "saw," "e" is like the "e" in "bed," and "ee" is like the "ay" in "say." I will usually shorten this (with a little loss in pronunciation) to "Yeshua` HaMashiyach," not losing the back-apostrophe which represents the last sound in His name.

Throne in the skies

Couple of reasons that cause me to pause regarding a physical mountain in the skies:

1. Christ does not sit in a temple made with hands, a building, a brick and mortar house. “[Act 7:48 KJV] 48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,”

2. The kingdom of God cannot be seen by seeing with the physical naked eye.  

1. [Luk 17:20-21 KJV] 20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

2. If it was in a cloud on a very high mountain, maybe a large mountain like Everest, I would be able to see the top of it in an airplane. But since I can’t see it with the physical look of my eye, I wouldn’t expect to see anything on top of a tall mountain that resembled a bright city/temple.

3. If it was a physical mount, it would be reachable through physical means. The kingdom of God is not by physical works, lest anybody should boast. [Eph 2:7-9 KJV] 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.  

The Messiah (Christ) may not "sit in a temple made with hands, a building, a brick and mortar house" YET, but He SHALL! He WILL!

First of all, Acts 7:48 KJV does NOT say that "CHRIST" does not dwell in temples made with hands; it says the "MOST HIGH" (Greek: Hupsistos, the superlative of hupsos). Technically, the word refers to GOD, Yeshua`s Father, not to Yeshua, the Christ!

NT:5310 hupsistos (hoop'-sis-tos); superlative from the base of NT:5311; highest, i.e. (masculine singular) the Supreme (God), or (neuter plural) the heavens:
KJV - most high, highest.

NT:5311 hupsos (hoop'-sos); from a derivative of NT:5228; elevation, i.e. (abstractly) altitude, (specifically) the sky, or (figuratively) dignity:
KJV - be exalted, height, (on) high.

NT:5228 huper (hoop-er'); a primary preposition; "over", i.e. (with the genitive case) of place, above, beyond, across, or causal, for the sake of, instead, regarding; with the accusative case superior to, more than:
KJV - (+exceeding, abundantly) above, in (on) behalf of, beyond, by,  very chiefest, concerning, exceeding (above, -ly), for,  very highly, more (than), of, over, on the part of, for sake of, in stead, than, to (-ward), very. In comp. it retains many of the above applications.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Therefore, this verse does NOT apply to the Messiah, who SHALL be God's King here on earth during the Millennium and beyond.

Second, that's a BAD interpretation of Luke 17:20-21! No matter how "common" it is to say, the Kingdom of God is NOT "within you!" This is an example of how incomplete translation can become a problem. The Greek word "entos" can have different meanings in different settings, different contexts.

NT:1787 entos (en-tos'); from NT:1722; inside (adverb or noun):
KJV - within.

Michael Vlach wrote,

As I survey various Bible translations they seem to split down the middle on this issue. You can read several that declare that entos humon should be translated “within you” while an equal number confidently claim that “in your midst” is the best translation. It does appear that most of the modern versions opt for the “in your midst” understanding (NASB, HCSB, ESV). Walter Elwell, when discussing twentieth century discoveries and translations, stated: “Another example is that in koine Greek, the expression entos humon (literally, ‘inside of you’) often meant ‘within reach.’ Thus, Jesus’ statement in Luke 17:21 could mean, ‘the kingdom is within reach’” (Walter A. Elwell and Philip Wesley Comfort, Tyndale Bible Dictionary, 2001, p. 207). 

In situations like this where there is a translation issue I think it best to see if the context can shed light on which understanding is correct. There are two contextual reasons why I prefer the “in your midst” view and not “within you.” 

First, the immediate audience to whom Jesus was speaking was the Pharisees (“He answered them and said”). It is highly unlikely that Jesus would say the kingdom of God was in their hearts. Just read the woes to the Pharisees of Matthew 23 and you will see that the Pharisees had wicked hearts, not hearts in which the kingdom resided. Some have claimed that Jesus was speaking in a generic fashion and making a general statement that the kingdom is an inner spiritual reality. But verse 20 makes it clear that the Pharisees were the recipients of His words.

Second, in kingdom passages that follow, both Luke 19:11-27 and 21:31 indicate that the kingdom is not a present spiritual kingdom in the heart but a kingdom that will come in the future. Jesus offers the parable of the minas to counter the idea that the kingdom would be established immediately (Luke 19:11). With Luke 21:31 Jesus indicates that the kingdom would only be near with the events of the coming Tribulation Period. If Jesus was preaching a spiritual kingdom of the heart why does He make it so clear after 17:21 that the kingdom was a future entity?

More can be read at Theological Studies. The Greek word for "you" in the verse is "humoon," plural, not "sou," singular! You can say that "entos" means "within," but "entos humoon" means "within you-all" as a GROUP, NOT INDIVIDUALLY! That's why it is translated as "among you."

I'll get to the rest later... (To be continued.)