• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Retro

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It is clear that we are not seeing the same thing. 

Christ did not come to restore the physical land of Israel. He came to restore the souls of man. The Jews are the chosen vessel through which this salvation comes. Through their teachings (and inspiration of the Holy Spirit) would all man come to this saving knowledge.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On June 22, 2016 at 9:12 AM, mevosper said:

Retro

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It is clear that we are not seeing the same thing. 

Christ did not come to restore the physical land of Israel. He came to restore the souls of man. The Jews are the chosen vessel through which this salvation comes. Through their teachings (and inspiration of the Holy Spirit) would all man come to this saving knowledge.

Shalom, mevosper.

I understand your replacement theology point of view, but you need to understand that Yeshua` REALLY DID come to offer the Kingdom of God - David's Kingdom - to Israel. It could not have been a false offer, or He would have been LYING to the children of Israel! He POSTPONED the offer until a generation came who would accept Him as the Messiah of God that He was (and is). The length of time that has passed is a drop in a bucket to God. Just because it has been so long is NO PROOF that God will not fulfill the prophetic promises that He made to Israel. God SHALL fulfill His promises. That's what Paul confirms in Romans 11:

Romans 11:24-29
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel (contrasted with the Gentiles above) shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, (Isaiah 59:20-21) ... when I shall take away their sins. (Isaiah 27:9)
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. (I.e., God doesn't CHANGE HIS MIND! He does NOT RENEGE on His gifts and calling!)
KJV

We are NOT to be thinking that God is just concerned now with the "restoration of the souls of mankind" any more than we are to be thinking that we just "go to Heaven when we die!" There's a VERY LITERAL KINGDOM coming when the King, the Messiah of God, Yeshua`, comes back! And, we are going to live forever and ever on the New Earth with its New Sky and have homes within the New Jerusalem.

Get out of that ethereal thinking and learn that we have very CONCRETE, very SUBSTANTIAL, and very TANGIBLE promises in the not-so-distant future!

Retro

I believe this is an important topic. There is much confusion about the plan of God regarding the Jews and the Gentiles and the saving grace of God through Christ.

From what I understand, the label 'replacement theology' is the belief that Christians would receive the benefits and blessings from God rather than the Jews. The Christians have "replaced" the Jews as the people of God. Is this it in a "nutshell"?

Personally, I don't subscribe to this belief. When Christ came, he came to the Israelites. 

[Mat 15:24 KJV] 24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

[Rom 1:16 KJV] 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

[Zec 8:23 KJV] 23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days [it shall come to pass], that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard [that] God [is] with you.

Though, his shed blood was to cover all mankind's sins.

It was not a false offer to the Jews. It was real, and those Israelites that cried and followed Christ during his earthly ministry received the blessings and the hope of life and freedom from death. When Christ ascended into heaven, the apostles sat as judges of the new Covenant. The story is told in Acts 15. This is the judgment of the apostles to the Gentiles to not be bound by the Mosaic Law:

[Act 15:1-21 KJV] 1 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, [and said], Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved. 2 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question (Apostles sat in judgment). 3 And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great joy unto all the brethren. 4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and [of] the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them. 5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command [them] to keep the law of Moses. 6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. 7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men [and] brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as [he did] unto us; 9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. 12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them. 13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men [and] brethren, hearken unto me: 14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. 15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, 16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, (are we expecting God to again build a tent? No! ) which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: 17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things. 18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world. 19 Wherefore my sentence is (judgment), that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: 20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and [from] fornication, and [from] things strangled, and [from] blood. 21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

This is not replacement theology, this was the plan all along. The blessings come through the Jews, the jews of the Old and New Testaments. The old way of the Mosaic law has passed, even from the Jews, and the new Covenant comes through Christ, who is a Jew, to the Israelites then to the Gentiles. Therefore:

[Rev 21:5 KJV] 5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

I think it is important to say that those who did not believe Christ was the son of God are the evil ones that would receive the judgment/wrath of God (think Pharisees, Saducees, Herodians, scribes, etc.). But as Paul was one of these also, and a zealous one at that, he was turned unto the gospel of Christ and was not forsaken by God. This is what is meant by Romans 11. Obviously, he was writing the letter, but he is talking about those that may have forsaken Christ for a time, but then were turned to faith in Christ.

[Isa 59:20 KJV] 20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.

...And his gifts were given

Retro

What are your thoughts on Ezekiel 40:1 concerning the day? Do you hold the belief that it was some arbitrary day?

[Eze 40:1 KJV] 1 In the five and twentieth year of our captivity, in the beginning of the year, in the tenth [day] of the month, in the fourteenth year after that the city was smitten, in the selfsame day the hand of the LORD was upon me, and brought me thither.