spiderman1917

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  2

So I have all the pieces of the armor of God memorized so I can claim it daily.  Do you claim it often?  Is claiming it each morning good or not necessary?

Has claiming the armor of God and praying with the armour helped you

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOKu15OazqnsQ0RYrz1LT

Ephesians 6

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities,against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith,with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions""

When He says pray in the spirit do you think he is talking about the gift of tounges?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I don't think we have to claim it everyday, but we keep in on all the time.  We never know when or how the enemy will attack.

Also, the reason if you Google image the armour of God, it often looks like a Roman soldier is because Paul was a Roman citizen , and that was the armour he continually saw and compared it to, but it wasn't just the Roman soldiers that wore those helmets and uniforms.  They were quite standard for the time , so likely what Paul was envisioning.

In those uniforms You never turn your back to the enemy because the back has little armour.  Never give your back to the Devil.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

Also, the reason if you Google image the armour of God, it often looks like a Roman soldier is because Paul was a Roman citizen , and that was the armour he continually saw and compared it to, but it wasn't just the Roman soldiers that wore those helmets and uniforms.  They were quite standard for the time , so likely what Paul was envisioning.

In those uniforms You never turn your back to the enemy because the back has little armour.  Never give your back to the Devil.  

That's a very good point about not turning your back....literally and figuratively.  I learn something new every day!  But, to me, the armor of God is far more inpregnable than a soldier's armor; properly worn (meaning with the protection of God) nothing can harm you.

That's a very good point about not turning your back....literally and figuratively.  I learn something new every day!  But, to me, the armor of God is far more inpregnable than a soldier's armor; properly worn (meaning with the protection of God) nothing can harm you.

What's the armor of God made of?...it must be thick whatever it is :P

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Mainly it is the things you need to have to be sure and have the protection of the Holy Spirit.....    and He always has you back.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I don't beleive I understand the concept behind "claiming" the armor of God.

Either I am walking in truth or I am not, the action is the belt of truth and the scripture says we are to walk in truth. 

Either I am walking in righteousness or I am not, for the scripture says he who does righteouness is righteous.

Either my feet declare the gospel of God or they run to shed blood, therefore the scriptures say to shod my feet with the gospel that they might be beautiful.

Either I am rooted in Salvation being a gift by grace through Christ or I am somehow beleiving that my own hands can save me through my own works.  For if I am living according to the sayings of Jesus I am no longer doing my works but the works of him who is above all and he said the rains will come yet my house will stand.  If I do not the works of Jesus then I am trusting in my own works which lead to death.

And so it goes with the whole armor.  So I do not feel that I can merely speak words and 'claim' this but that I must do as the scriptures say and put on Christ and walk in him.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29

Part of Paul's inspiration comes from the fact that the armor of God is called the armor of God because the Old Testament has accounts where God is described using this "armor", himself.  I found these verses not too long ago and I was surprised that I had never seen them before.  God wore the armor first.  We are to emulate him - not just to claim it as important - but to make use of it daily.

Isaiah 59:17 - " He [God] put on righteousness like a breastplate, And a helmet of salvation on His head; And He put on garments of vengeance for clothing And wrapped Himself with zeal as a mantle."

Isaiah 11:5 - " Also righteousness will be the belt about His [Christ's] loins, And faithfulness the belt about His waist."

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:53 AM, gdemoss said:

I don't beleive I understand the concept behind "claiming" the armor of God.

Either I am walking in truth or I am not, the action is the belt of truth and the scripture says we are to walk in truth. 

Either I am walking in righteousness or I am not, for the scripture says he who does righteouness is righteous.

Either my feet declare the gospel of God or they run to shed blood, therefore the scriptures say to shod my feet with the gospel that they might be beautiful.

Either I am rooted in Salvation being a gift by grace through Christ or I am somehow beleiving that my own hands can save me through my own works.  For if I am living according to the sayings of Jesus I am no longer doing my works but the works of him who is above all and he said the rains will come yet my house will stand.  If I do not the works of Jesus then I am trusting in my own works which lead to death.

And so it goes with the whole armor.  So I do not feel that I can merely speak words and 'claim' this but that I must do as the scriptures say and put on Christ and walk in him.

We are supposed to use the name and blood of Jesus often.  Why can't we consciously  and/or verbally use the armor as well?