• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi All,

I wanted to know who are the    Assyrians? Are they Arabs? Are they Christian? I've read some strange topics on here about the Assyrians that aren't true.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

They came from the Syria, Iraq area and these were the dudes who came into Israel in 722 BC and hauled them away. No doubt, God was honoring his word when he told the Jews, " you no respect my word, I know respect your right to your land and your safety. "  

They tried to haul Judah away in 701 BC but God had other plans. (This was when the northern kingdom was 10 tribes and Judah was the southern kingdom. )

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, Tiglath said:

Hi All,

I wanted to know who are the    Assyrians? Are they Arabs? Are they Christian? I've read some strange topics on here about the Assyrians that aren't true.

Assyria was a part of Mesopotamia (modern Iraq).  Assyrians spread into Syria, Turkey, Iran, Babylonia, Cyprus, Egypt, Arabia, and kingdom of Israel (as opposed to the kingdom of Judah).  So they would be modern Arabs, Palestinians and Muslims. Some certainly converted to Christianity.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, Tiglath said:

Hi All,

I think you mean who WERE the Assyrians.  The Assyrian Empire fell centuries ago.  Politically speaking, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, and more today are not considered "Assyrian" even though their territory is relatively in the same place.

Assyrians are a Semitic peoples indigenous to Mesopotamia. They are Mediterranean Caucasoid, and are ethnically distinct from Arabs and Jews. Assyrians have practiced two religions throughout their history: Ashurism and Christianity. Assyrians were the first nation to accept Christianity, and the Assyrian Church was founded in 33 A.D. by Thomas, Bartholomew and Thaddeus. Reference

5 hours ago, Ezra said:

Assyria was a part of Mesopotamia (modern Iraq).  Assyrians spread into Syria, Turkey, Iran, Babylonia, Cyprus, Egypt, Arabia, and kingdom of Israel (as opposed to the kingdom of Judah).  So they would be modern Arabs, Palestinians and Muslims. Some certainly converted to Christianity.

Thanks for your reply friend. You're correct with most of your points. However, I am quite disappointed that a lot of people on here consider Assyrian as Arabs and Muslims of today after doing some searches on here. I can tell you as an Assyrian that we are 100% Christians and we speak the modern Aramaic language. From the beginning the Assyrian's have not spoken Arabic nor were they affiliated with Arabs nor Islam. Assyrian people are still present through middle east, but without a nation. Whilst Assyrian's were occult believers like many other nations prior to new testament, but Assyrian's were one of the first nation in the world to become Christians and accept the lord Jesus Christ as our saver. We continue to speak and preach in Aramaic language in our churches after 2000 years ,but we have been suffering throughout middle east and forced to convert, especially the ISIS situation in the region

5 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Assyrians are a Semitic peoples indigenous to Mesopotamia. They are Mediterranean Caucasoid, and are ethnically distinct from Arabs and Jews. Assyrians have practiced two religions throughout their history: Ashurism and Christianity. Assyrians were the first nation to accept Christianity, and the Assyrian Church was founded in 33 A.D. by Thomas, Bartholomew and Thaddeus. Reference

You're 100% correct

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Tiglath said:

Thanks for your reply friend. You're correct with most of your points. However, I am quite disappointed that a lot of people on here consider Assyrian as Arabs and Muslims of today after doing some searches on here. I can tell you as an Assyrian that we are 100% Christians and we speak the modern Aramaic language. From the beginning the Assyrian's have not spoken Arabic nor were they affiliated with Arabs nor Islam. Assyrian people are still present through middle east, but without a nation. Whilst Assyrian's were occult believers like many other nations prior to new testament, but Assyrian's were one of the first nation in the world to become Christians and accept the lord Jesus Christ as our saver. We continue to speak and preach in Aramaic language in our churches after 2000 years ,but we have been suffering throughout middle east and forced to convert, especially the ISIS situation in the region

You're 100% correct

Thank you Tiglath, that was very informative.

Seeing as in the past, the 10 Northern tribes were taken to Assyria, would you say that many Assyrians have Israeli blood in them? 

26 minutes ago, Sister said:

Thank you Tiglath, that was very informative.

Seeing as in the past, the 10 Northern tribes were taken to Assyria, would you say that many Assyrians have Israeli blood in them? 

Dear sister,

The Assyrian's and Israelites are first cousins by blood and I dont think many people know this, so there is Assyrian's that have Israeli blood in them. Both nations have a lot of similarities from customs to speaking in Aramaic. Remember Ibra later called Abraham was called by God to leave Ur of the Chaldees which was part of Assyria. Many people think Chaldees or chaldean was a nation. However, the word "Chaldees" in Aramaic means magician hence God had asked Abraham to leave the land of Chaldees( Magician) and go to a promised land. If we go back to the beginning then we are all Abraham's descendants. But, I wanted to correct some facts published on here about Assyrians which is wrong and misleading people.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, Tiglath said:

Dear sister,

The Assyrian's and Israelites are first cousins by blood and I dont think many people know this, so there is Assyrian's that have Israeli blood in them. Both nations have a lot of similarities from customs to speaking in Aramaic. Remember Ibra later called Abraham was called by God to leave Ur of the Chaldees which was part of Assyria. Many people think Chaldees or chaldean was a nation. However, the word "Chaldees" in Aramaic means magician hence God had asked Abraham to leave the land of Chaldees( Magician) and go to a promised land. If we go back to the beginning then we are all Abraham's descendants. But, I wanted to correct some facts published on here about Assyrians which is wrong and misleading people.

Hi Tiglath

Thank you once again.

10 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi Tiglath

Thank you once again.

No worries sister. Laahaa Barrikhlaakh (in Aramaic) it means god bless you.

I can see that you're from Australia? Which part of Australia?