• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

14 hours ago, post said:

that's why i keep saying it's important to be clear about what we mean when we say "evolve" etc 

When are you gonna start?

because not everyone who believes in some form of evolving/adapting/changing over time also believes man came from amoebas.

Anyone that can fog a mirror doesn't need to "Believe" in "Change", it's Prima Facia Stamp on The Forehead obvious.  We take issue with the Equivocation Fallacy of the Word... "evolve" to somehow say that, Well:  If things "Change" then "Evolution" ....i.e., the Scientific Theory of evolution is True :blink:

What is the Scientific Theory of evolution (for ~ the 20th Time) ....?

My son has Blue Eyes: My Wife has Green Eyes and I have Brown Eyes.... He "Changed", did my son "Evolve" ?? :rolleyes: 

unbelievers i think are just as often in dire need of being more clear about what evolution is and what it isn't, and just what all they are talking about when they say the word.

And you're not helping matters.  Those 'unbelievers' know EXACTLY what they're attempting to portray !

because life ex-nihilo is not part of evolution

1. Factually Incorrect: 

From one of the fathers of 20th Century evolution 'theory'...

"Evolution comprises all the stages of the development of the universe: the cosmic, biological, and human or cultural developments.  Attempts to restrict the concept of evolution to biology are gratuitous.  LIFE is a product of the evolution of INORGANIC NATURE, and man is a product of the evolution of life." {emphasis mine}
Dobzhansky T.G. "Changing Man", Science, 27 January 1967, Vol. 155. No 3761. p 409

2. "evolution" what's that?  Please post the Scientific Theory of evolution...?

3. "ex-nihilo"=  From Nothing.  So you're saying "Change" is not a Part of Life from Nothing ??  Well yea, you have to have 'Something' First...for it to 'Change'.

because there is evidence for speciation

"Species" is merely a Categorization.  It's had over 200 different definitions since Aristotle first conjured it, circa 350 BC:

The Taxonomic Classification System is merely a convention for classification, it's a "man-made" construct and somewhat arbitrary,  i.e., it's a Rubber Ruler.
It's based on what the "Conventioneers" deem as similar characteristics then categorize. I can make one up right now...

Classification I: Duccolslopelgertz and Sluccols:

Duccolslopelgertz: These have hair, hands, forward-facing eyes, smelly armpits, most can calculate correctly 1 + 1 = 2 when challenged.

Sluccols: having hands, hair, handlike feet, and forward-facing eyes, agile tree dwellers, they cannot calculate 1 + 1 = 2 when challenged.
Are Duccolslopelgertz, Sluccols ??

Classification II:  

Duccolslopelgertz:  These have hair, hands, forward-facing eyes.

Sluccols: having hands, hair, and forward-facing eyes.

Are Duccolslopelgertz, Sluccols ??

Classification....ad nauseam.

It has no bearing on anything outside the classification system itself.

intelligent teachers who actually showed me evidence that Darwin's theories have an awful lot of holes in them

The 'Biggest Hole' being it doesn't exist  ;).  I'll show you:  Post the Scientific Theory of evolution...?

'intelligent design' actually has a lot of merit -- just that as a science, it's not exactly testable.

Au Contraire....

1.  Scientific Law: INFORMATION /"Code"/Software is ONLY ever ever ever sourced by Intelligent Agency, Without Exception!

Null Hypothesis in Support: Nature/Natural Law causation CAN NOT create Algorithmic Cybernetic CODING and de-CODING Schemes.

If you can't FALSIFY the NULL (which Nobody on the Planet can/will EVER do), then Ya hear that Sound??? ...that's your 'Not Exactly Testable' circling the Drain at Light Speed   thumbsup.gif

Here's a Bonus (the Syllogism)...

2.  CODE has information. (such as a Book, Morse Code, Instructions, they all have information)
Information has authors. (which we can show is ALWAYS the case)
DNA is a CODE.
Therefore DNA has an author.

3.  The 1000's of Repeated (without Exception !!) Experiments of Quantum Mechanics VALIDATE that the "Necessary Condition" for REALITY (Mass/Energy) EXISTING, is an Observer/"Knower"/existence of the Path Information.

That's just three of about 30, but they would be Painfully Redundant in lieu of the above.

And btw, if somethings "Not TESTABLE"....it's NOT "SCIENCE", Hard Stop!

regards

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Enoch,,,,,

Feeling frisky today,lol    I truly enjoy your sense of humor,I think it is safe to say that others may not be amused? Anyway,it is kind of a silly Thread,maybe just the statement,,,,,"God created Science",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think there is much confusion with the mechanisms of  evolution by natural selection,although it is relatively simple ,,,,even though,"evolution", is not anything more than an idea-lol    

• Group:  Royal Member

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Enoch,,,,,

Feeling frisky today,lol    

Well, most days ;)

I truly enjoy your sense of humor

I'm guilty of many many things but lacking a sense of humor...isn't one of them  thumbsup.gif

I think it is safe to say that others may not be amused?

Why would that be the case?   noidea.gif 

I think there is much confusion with the mechanisms of evolution by natural selection

Yep mostly due to the Non-Existence of evolution and natural selection; other than that, everything's  A' OK.   dance.gif 

even though,"evolution", is not anything more than an idea-lol

Yep, a quite silly one @ that.

regards 

Blessings Enoch.....

I think it is safe to say that others may not be amused?

Why would that be the case?   noidea.gif 

Hmmm,dare I say?:39:   Well,I mean no disrespect to anyone here(or anyone at all) BUT,the spirit of "pride" will not permit some folks to receive correction with gladness,,,,,,,let's face the facts,you are quite an intelligent fellow & bountifully Blessed with Gods Holy Spirit,,,,,bearing fruits of Joy,Peace,Wisdom & kindness,,,,,,,your kindness is often shown in making light of some heavy topics rather than pressing issues or making them "personal",,,,,,,,,,it may often be perceived as arrogance or "brushing off" when in fact you are just........being Enoch ,with a fantastic sense of humor

For you it is not a "battle of wits",,,,,you know what you know & state the facts,no insecurities,no issues to "prove' YOUR point,,,,,,,,just my opinion,intellectuals are very often mis-understood,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hows that hit ya?                         Your Sis ,Kwik:teeth_smile:

6 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Well,I mean no disrespect to anyone here(or anyone at all) BUT,the spirit of "pride" will not permit some folks to receive correction with gladness

"Pride", Bulls-Eye !

let's face the facts,you are quite an intelligent fellow & bountifully Blessed with Gods Holy Spirit

HE showed me ( I asked ;) ), it's ALL HIM

it may often be perceived as arrogance or "brushing off" when in fact you are just........being Enoch ,with a fantastic sense of humor

Bulls-Eye !

For you it is not a "battle of wits",,,,,you know what you know & state the facts,no insecurities,no issues to "prove' YOUR point

Bulls-Eye again, from 1.5 Kliks !!  Hmm, a Sharp-Shooter....Marine Snipers are overwhelmed with envy. 

hows that hit ya?  

Center Mass with a shot group so tight you can't fit a piece of Paper in-between.

Gonna keep a weathered eye on you.  ;)      

Very Well Done.   thumbsup.gif               

Blessings to Everyone

Yes to Brother Enoch & Amen!,,,in every thing we do & say we should be asking for our Lord's help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I asked,He showed me what his child "Enoch" is all about,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when we read what others say we MUST look deeper,after all ,we ARE all members of the One Body,,,,,,,hmmm,sometimes we may think (carnally)   "" I don't like what he/she just said"     "I don't like how they talk to me"    'I know I am right,they are wrong",,,,the first clue to spark a self exam is there are too    many 'I's" & "me" in every re-action     Okay,it must be me then,stop,pray,respond    & RECEIVE

I think it is a good thing to go off topic every now & then to take one moment to catch our breath,be Thankful for Who we are in Christ & just LOVE ONE ANOTHER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,God Bless us all!!!!                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Content Per Day:  16.70
  • Days Won:  0

On Saturday, April 16, 2016 at 10:40 AM, post said:

that's exactly what i was saying too. 
that's the premise of the idea of chameleonism -- that what is called "junk DNA" is only called that because we don't know what it's for. it's out of ignorance that people coined this term; not because it is actually purposeless. 

i hope you'll take the time to think about what the idea i was trying to introduce, and not just get hung up on a bit of vocabulary, especially if it's vocabulary you may or may not comprehend fully how is being used or what its meaning entails and doesn't entail. :)

I started a thread on DNA that I thought would make an interesting topic.  It died a quick death.  But since you mentioned "junk DNA", maybe there's hope here for an honest discussion.  God doesn't make junk.  Because we don't know the purpose of some portion of DNA, that's no reason for us to dismiss it.  Are we all God intended us to be?  Obviously not, we're still sinners and will always need Jesus as our savior.  I'm glad you brought up "junk DNA".  Someday, God may allow us to peak behind the curtain a little more.  His wonders never cease, and more wonders await.