IGNORED

Christians at what point is one saved? At the point where new Hope/Faith is birthed, or at the point of Baptism?

psalmone

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

Personally I feel it's when new Hope in Christ is birthed, because at that point one's whole world becomes new.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

It is my belief that one is saved as soon as he/she prays to God for forgiveness of all sins, asking Jesus into your heart and vows to follow Him from that moment on.  And welcome to Worthy, Psalmone!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

5 minutes ago, psalmone said:

Personally I feel it's when new Hope in Christ is birthed, because at that point one's whole world becomes new.

a person is saved , when they have surrendered all that they are and all that they have to a holy and righteous God,

for it is Gods grace and the cross that we can have salvation, but when you have come to the understanding and the power of the love of God to send Jesus to die for you and for me, we then seek Him, and come to the foot of the cross, giving and repenting for our ways, and then we are forgiven, and blessed, and the Holy spirit , comes in, and you are truly sealed by God until that day of redemption, comes,

but only when we have acknowledge the power , and the love of God for a person in need ,do we have true salvation for our souls

and the proof of this saving is in the fruits of the spirit and the changing of your mind,  to pout away the old man and to follow the ways of God, it is not by our strength , but by God, and this is how grace works , and so we need to produce fruit for the kingdom, and be cared for by the father in heaven , and read your bi9ble, and stay in the word always, blessings to you  and peace,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings psalmone

Welcome to Worthy!!!!!      I am in complete agreement with Morning Glory but I would like to ask what you are referring to when you say "Baptism",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at birth?by water? by fire?    What does being "Baptized mean to you?"

1 Corinthians 12:13

For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

King James Bible
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
                                                                                                                        John 14:16

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

It's certainly not the rocket science that some make it out to be.

Romans 10:9-13 - " That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame." For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."

The belief has to transcend just the intellectual and must be - as the verse says - heartfelt. 

And those who are saved will yearn to become sanctified - even if they don't know that the word means - they will want to grow increasingly closer to Christ and separate from the world.

And Ephesians 2:8-10 says that it's all about faith - there's that heart-changing "belief" again.  And this passage says that God has works for us to do as believing Christians.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

22 hours ago, psalmone said:

Hello Psalm ,

John 3:1-21English Standard Version (ESV)

You Must Be Born Again

Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus[a] by night and said to him, “Rabbi,we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again[b] he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?”Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.[c] Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You[d] must be born again.’ The wind[e]blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Nicodemus said to him, “How can these things be?” 10 Jesus answered him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things? 11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you[f] do not receive our testimony.12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.[g] 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.[h]

For God So Loved the World

16 “For God so loved the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,707
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

one could go back and forth, Jesus said in John 11:25

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,

yet, He also said in Mark 16:16 

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

and one can go back and forth all day, citing scriptures saying its on belief, and its on baptism. And the reality of it, both sides are right, and both sides are wrong at the same time. The Bible ties these two ideologies together  in Ephesians 2:8-9 and James 2:18

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast

James 2:18 18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

Fact of the matter is, we are saved as soon as we give our lives to Christ-its a matter of the heart. If one honestly gives their lives to Christ, then they will automatically follow through with baptism, because that is what the Bible commands. But on the same note, one can say they believe, go through the motions (ask for forgiveness, be baptised, etc) and not be saved, if they dont honestly make a heart change. What matters, is the persons heart, if the persons heart changes, God knows this, and the person will follow through with Gods commands. If a person does NOT follow through with Gods commands, then one must ask if their heart really changed.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Pat

WOW,nothing to add,you've said it ALL,Glory to God!  And beautifully said at that!               With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 14/04/2016 at 0:58 PM, psalmone said:

Please don't go by feelings.  Just believe what is stated in Scripture.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.  For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Romans 10:9-13).

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

When God first convicted me of sin and righteousness I was not going to church.  The first thing He led me to do was make restitution and tell the people I had wronged and that I had asked God to forgive me.  That was 1958  The next thing He put on my heart to do was to read the Bible.  I was in the 8th grade and am dyslexic, so Bibles with thee and thou were hard for me to follow.  I tried going back to church and sunday school but they were a joke in this liberal church. I finally bought an Amplified New Testament and began to read.  I attended the liberal church across the street which was at least orderly and I felt peace there.  The gentle sermons caused me to meditate on my week and apply them to my life. .  My mom talked me into going back to her liberal church to be baptized by immersion in 1960.  We got a new liberal pastor who was very pleasant and a good Mason, but he did not teach the Trinity or salvation by faith.  In 1961, I took conservative Lutheran confirmation classes, which was a good Bible study. It was a firm foundation on the nature of God, the depravity of man, the nature and work of Jesus, salvation by grace through faith not of works, and God's ongoing forgiveness in 1 John.   I still have that bible and I had underlined every text that I learned there.  That was when I started to better understand what I was reading.  

The important thing is that I had obeyed what God led me to do.  My faith was producing works.  The baptism was a bit later.  But I will never regret being baptized by immersion.  It has become more meaningful as the years progressed.  It is a testimony to what God had been doing in my life.