IGNORED

Christians Which is the real you "Me", "Myself" or "I"?

psalmone

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

There's an ex friend of mine insisting that it's the "I". Personally I see it causing confusion as he seem to have list orientation as in being such an "I"hog he intrudes on the identity of others. This seems to be his challenge against the Christian faith.

There's an ex friend of mine insisting that it's the "I". Personally I see it causing confusion as he seem to have list orientation as in being such an "I"hog he intrudes on the identity of others. This seems to be his challenge against the Christian faith.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Sorry, but I do not understand your question in the least! Me, myself, and I, are all the same person, one is not more real that the other, but I have no idea what you even even mean by the "real you"! The real you, in my opinion, is the one who is not pretending or acting, and usually will not be a nice or good, as others perceive you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Selfishness is a sin.  Dwelling on me, myself and I is being self centered and selfish.  We hope to become God centered, seeking His Kingdom and His righteousness.  When we keep our minds on the things of the Spirit it leads to life and peace.  Roman 8:6

When our self life is crucified with Christ we become more Christ like and unselfish.  But we must die daily to self, our own desires and the desires of the flesh.  It is also an ongoing process.  Even Jesus prayed:  Father, not my will but Thine be done."

So the real me is dying that Christ might live in me and His will might be done through me..  

Don't know where your friend gets all his ideas but he sounds pretty confused and unable to comprehend Spiritual things.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

As a Christian the "me,myself & I " should diminish more & more as we grow & mature in Christ Jesus,,,,,,,I agree with Willa," self" hangs on the Cross,He died for me,I live for Him,,,,,,,, thats about the most "me & I " we should be concerned about

It's all about Jesus!                To God be the Glory                   With love-in Christ,Kwik

I also do not understand the question,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,