IGNORED

How much nonsense should Christians tolerate?

Ezra

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Recently, there have been several posts which are simply utter nonsense, and should not even appear on a Christian web site.  So the question is "How much nonsense should Christians tolerate?  

If a person is a seeker and honestly wants the truth, then they should accept the truth, and thank the person who provides Bible truth.  But when some come along and say "Paul contradicts Jesus" or "The sixty six books of the Bible are not enough for Christians", or "The Old Covenant is still in force" I see this as direct assaults on the Word of God. What does Scripture say about this matter? See 2 Timothy 2:14-18

SUBVERSION OF CHRISTIANITY BY UNPROFITABLE WORDS 14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

NECESSITY OF DILIGENT STUDY FOR ALL BELIEVERS 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

SHUN (AVOID) PROFANE AND VAIN BABBLINGS 16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

FAITH CAN BE OVERTHROWN BY SPIRITUAL NONSENSE 17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

what I dont get is all the "attacking" threads. Someone says something that someone else doesnt like, so that someone else posts a new topic and says "so and so is wrong and you all shouldnt allow it" without mentioning that persons name, even though you know who it is, they do, and so does pretty much everyone. Its downright childish-if you have a problem with someone, take it up with them. Either in the original thread or in private. If you have a problem with the way the administration is handling it, take it up with them. But I get tired of these public venting/attack threads. I agree, there are people that discredit the Bible or try to add to it, and both cases, it is wrong, but your not going to change their minds in a public shaming.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Who are you talking about ? Please be forthright and straight forward. Who is attacking you or your doctrine.

I say, discuss doctrines and the sanest and most spiritual and truthful will prevail.....

Freedom of speech and choice is a godly trait and desirable for people to determine their own doctrine. Otherwise you have forced doctrine by intimidation, as is done in Communist countries and capitalist countries and worldly universities.

Amen Ezra! To others: the TOS prohibit us from discussing an individual; we are to discuss the posts. If you feel that a particular post is directed at you personally, then maybe you should examine yourself as to why you may be feeling convicted by those words from the Holy Spirit.

It does seem to me that there has been a recent increase in the visitation from those who post with a "holier-than-thou" attitude and seek to portray an air of superior "knowledge" of the Word and It's meaning; wanting to "teach" the congregation as if they were ignorant of the Truth and how a follower of Jesus Christ should act. These "teachers" (and there is more than one at this point) get a one and done read from me and I tend to ignore their further postings. But since Ezra was led to post this thread as he did, I felt led to say "Bravo, brother!!" instead of just remaining quiet on the sidelines.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

From time to time we see some pretty damnable heresies posted on Worthy, most recently the "God's cool with gay sex, WHEEE!!!!" variety. When those posters get called on it enough, usually they leave.

As things wind up down here, most likely we'll see more of this ... and worse. The trick is to respond in a Godly manner, while still holding to inviolate truth. And folks, many times that ain't as easy as it sounds.

2 minutes ago, John Robinson said:

From time to time we see some pretty damnable heresies posted on Worthy, most recently the "God's cool with gay sex, WHEEE!!!!" variety. When those posters get called on it enough, usually they leave.

As things wind up down here, most likely we'll see more of this ... and worse. The trick is to respond in a Godly manner, while still holding to inviolate truth. And folks, many times that ain't as easy as it sounds.

Yea....... thats why we are suppose to answer him and her that asketh us questions, politely and in the FEAR OF GOD... as our example.

We arent allowed to discuss gay sex, so drop that topic and reference, if you want to, then change the rules or have a special place for that discussion.

Because Yes, those opposed do seem to be saying over and over and over again that they are holier than thous, called gays, lesbians, transgendered, bi, etc etc....

I certainly am a sinner, and certainly dont know it all, cause I dont even know why these people are so against these other people. Me I dislike those who favor torture and killing. SEE that topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I know on some post I want to chew off my tongue and fingers :45: 

Ha, some prisoners have been known to chew off or cut off limbs to allow them to esacpe, better to have only one arm rather than be tortured.

Ha, I also hate foot traps on animals, just not humane.

But HEREIN< free discussion does help people not chew off parts, but digest fully what they truly believe. Heres a vote for open discussion.

I wonder what person this thread was referring to ? Why didn;t they just come out and mention their name ? Why not be honest ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Ezra said:

Recently, there have been several posts which are simply utter nonsense, and should not even appear on a Christian web site.  So the question is "How much nonsense should Christians tolerate?  

If a person is a seeker and honestly wants the truth, then they should accept the truth, and thank the person who provides Bible truth.  But when some come along and say "Paul contradicts Jesus" or "The sixty six books of the Bible are not enough for Christians", or "The Old Covenant is still in force" I see this as direct assaults on the Word of God. What does Scripture say about this matter? See 2 Timothy 2:14-18

SUBVERSION OF CHRISTIANITY BY UNPROFITABLE WORDS 14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

NECESSITY OF DILIGENT STUDY FOR ALL BELIEVERS 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

SHUN (AVOID) PROFANE AND VAIN BABBLINGS 16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

FAITH CAN BE OVERTHROWN BY SPIRITUAL NONSENSE 17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Can you be more specific on those topics that should not be allowed?