Sister

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Enoch the 7th from Adam, came from Seth’s lineage.

1.  Adam

2.  Seth

3.  Enos

4.  Cainan

5.  Mahalaleel

6.  Jarad

7.  ENOCH

8.  Methuselah

9.  Lamech

10.  NOAH.

ENOCH was 65 when his son Methuselah was born.

(Enoch was 365 years when taken up.)

Methuselah was 187 yrs old when he begat Lamech, Enoch's grandson.

(Enoch was 252 yrs old when Lamech was born)

When Lamech was 113 years old, Enoch was taken up, at 365 yrs old.

Lamech was 182 yrs old when he begat NOAH

(Lamech lived another 595 years. 777 years in total)

Noah was 500 years old when he begat Shem, Ham & Japeth

(Lamech was 682 yrs when Noah begat his sons)

Lamech died when Noah’s sons were 95 yrs old.

Noah was 600 years old when the flood came.

Noah’s sons were 100 years old. (the oldest son at least)

Lamech, Noah’s Father died 5 years before the flood.

Genesis 6:9   These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Noah knew God because of his father Lamech, and because of his father Methuselah, and because of his father ENOCH.

Noah was Enoch’s great grandson.

Noah was a man of God from perfect generations who walked with God & whom was handed down knowledge through Enoch.

This is how the book of Enoch survived the flood.  Through this family descending from Adam through Seth's line.

Enoch was a prophet of God who witnessed in the "old world" before the flood, and was shown great favour by God who revealed to Enoch, who prophesied and shared with his "sons" many things to come, even leading up to after the 1000 years of rest.  There is no way that Enoch could of known all these things unless the spirit of God was upon him, and unless he was a true prophet of God.

Jude 1:14   And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

This was not the only thing Enoch prophesied about.  Ever heard of a prophet who prophesied only a teeeny weeny little thing?  Such a great prophet who did not even see death?

Something to think about. 

blessings to you all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

http://sam.evans.org/historylog.xls

some interesting relations between the born and deaths of people in a visual format.....     I find it interesting that Shem lived longer than did Abraham.   Jacob was almost 50 when Shem died.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Enoch, the great-grandfather of Noah, did not write the pseudepigraphical book we know of today as the Book of Enoch.  Who wrote it?  We don't know.  But it isn't an ante-deluvian book - most say it was written not long before Christ.  There was not even cuneiform writing yet in Enoch's day.

Yes, Jude seemingly quotes from this book.  And the apostle Paul quotes from a pagan proverb and other sources.  And the authors of Kings and Chronicles cite outside scripture sources.  It doesn't mean these sources are scripture.  It just means some of the authors of the Bible quoted something they said.

Most of what I have read from the Book of Enoch grossly contradicts the Bible.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  4,193
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

If Enoch were so important and important being the claims of" the books of Enoch", How come Christ Jesus who is part of the trinity Father, Son, Holy Spirit never once mentioned any reference to Enoch or his books.

Christ Jesus, Lord,,Savior, God, never quoted Enoch.

Christ Jesus quoted from what is written in the old testament scriptures that are part of the Holy Bible.

If Enoch  was so important, Christ Jesus would have quoted, referenced to and endorsed Enoch.

But HE our Lord and Savior, only begotten Son of God, who is part of the Holy trinity Father, Son Holy Spirit, never did.

In revelation it is well cautioned that we are not to add or take away from what is accounted to be Holy Scriptures.

What it means is that one is not to add their own words to what God gave. Each one is a specific book that was complete that man was not to add or subtract from.

The Bible is a collection of all 66 books that are of the Old and New Testament.

Nothing May Be Added

Deuteronomy 4:2

You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Deuteronomy 4:2 “You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take anything from it”(also Deuteronomy 12:32). The reason God is so adamant on this is because “The entirety of Your word is truth” (Psalms 119: 160).

Psalms 119:160

The sum of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous ordinances is everlasting.

Proverbs 30:6

5 Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.

6 Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.

7 Two things I asked of You, Do not refuse me before I die:…

Revelation 22:19

18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book;

19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.

20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.…

In the book of Revelation which is prophecy completes the Bible, just as Genesis began the Bible, it states "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this Book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this Book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the Book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this Book" Revelation 22:18-19.

Of all the books Revelation has the strongest warning as it has to do with the end of world system and the coming of the Lord to restore righteousness

1 minute ago, Jayne said:

Enoch, the great-grandfather of Noah, did not write the pseudepigraphical book we know of today as the Book of Enoch.  Who wrote it?  We don't know.  But it isn't an ante-deluvian book - most say it was written not long before Christ.  There was not even cuneiform writing yet in Enoch's day.

Yes, Jude seemingly quotes from this book.  And the apostle Paul quotes from a pagan proverb and other sources.  And the authors of Kings and Chronicles cite outside scripture sources.  It doesn't mean these sources are scripture.  It just means some of the authors of the Bible quoted something they said.

Most of what I have read from the Book of Enoch grossly contradicts the Bible.

2 and 3 Enoch does contradict the Bible.....      1 Enoch, that has been part of the Ethiopian Bible since the days of the early church and the many fragments of many manuscripts of the dead sea scrolls, I don't see any more contradiction than the different translations of our Bible.

5 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

If Enoch were so important and important being the claims of" the books of Enoch", How come Christ Jesus who is part of the trinity Father, Son, Holy Spirit never once mentioned any reference to Enoch or his books.

Christ Jesus quoted from what is written in the old testament scriptures that are part of the Holy Bible.

If Enoch  was so important, Christ Jesus would have quoted, referenced to and endorsed Enoch.

But HE our Lord and Savior, only begotten Son of God, who is part of the Holy trinity Father, Son Holy Spirit, never did.

In revelation it is well cautioned that we are not to add or take away from what is accounted to be Holy Scriptures.

What it means is that one is not to add their own words to what God gave. Each one is a specific book that was complete that man was not to add or subtract from.

The Bible is a collection of all 66 books that are of the Old and New Testament.

Nothing May Be Added

You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Deuteronomy 4:2 “You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take anything from it”(also Deuteronomy 12:32). The reason God is so adamant on this is because “The entirety of Your word is truth” (Psalms 119: 160).

6 Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.

18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book;

19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.

20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.…

In the book of Revelation which is prophecy completes the Bible, just as Genesis began the Bible, it states "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this Book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this Book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the Book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this Book" Revelation 22:18-19.

Of all the books Revelation has the strongest warning as it has to do with the end of world system and the coming of the Lord to restore righteousness

2 Tim 3:7-8
 8 And just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men of depraved mind, rejected as regards the faith.
NASB

where did these names come from?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  4,193
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Nothing May Be Added

Psalms 119:160

The sum of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous ordinances is everlasting.

Christ Jesus my Lord and Savior who is part of the Holy trinity who IS maker of ALL  quoted Holy Scripture but NEVER quoted Enoch

Just now, 1to3 said:

Christ Jesus my Lord and Savior who is part of the Holy trinity whi IS maker of ALL  quoted Holy Scripture but NEVER quoted Enoch

Jude did, so should we discard everything that Jude says??

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

30 minutes ago, other one said:

2 and 3 Enoch does contradict the Bible.....      1 Enoch, that has been part of the Ethiopian Bible since the days of the early church and the many fragments of many manuscripts of the dead sea scrolls, I don't see any more contradiction than the different translations of our Bible.

1 En 67:1-3 says that the angels built the ark.  The Bible says Noah built the ark.

1 Enoch 41 teaches a geocentric universe.

1 Enoch 12, 13, and 16 seem to say that God decided to flood the earth 569 years before the Bible says he did.  1 Enoch said that Enoch knew and told that the "consummation" and "severe sentence" had been pronounced.  

The Bible said that God made this decision and proclamation when Noah was 500, not 69 years before Noah was born.

How do we know that Jude is not quoting an oral tradition of what Enoch preached about.  And that the author of the Book of Enoch did the same thing?

Edited by Jayne

27 minutes ago, Jayne said:

1 En 67:1-3 says that the angels built the ark.  The Bible says Noah built the ark.

1 Enoch 41 teaches a geocentric universe.

1 Enoch 12, 13, and 16 seem to say that God decided to flood the earth 569 years before the Bible says he did.  1 Enoch said that Enoch knew and told that the "consummation" and "severe sentence" had been pronounced.  

The Bible said that God made this decision and proclamation when Noah was 500, not 69 years before Noah was born.

How do we know that Jude is not quoting an oral tradition of what Enoch preached about.  And that the author of the Book of Enoch did the same thing?

you can't know that....  just like we can't know who wrote all the books of the Old Testament.....    but we do accept them.....   and Many of the early Church Fathers accepted the book of 1 Enoch as inspired.

Tertullian, Origen, Irenaeus, Athenagoras and Clement of Alexandria to name a few.....   So if these early Christian leaders accepted it, why should I put my trust in your thoughts over these?    And btw I am not supposing we add it to the Canon, but we do pay attention to what it says.....   as did these early Church leaders...   They taught from the knowledge of the book.

As for when God made the decision, there may be many things he told Enoch that he did not tell the rest of the worldly people until later.....  i would find it hard to believe that God didn't know what he was going to do when Enoch was walking the earth.

I might also add that we really don't know if they had writing before the flood or not.....   

Edited by other one