• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Enoch is mention in many places in Scripture. I sure would like to be this popular with God to be mentioned so many times.

And Enoch walked with God and God took him, [translated], to Heaven. He was good bloke all right ! God loved him.

Gen 4:17, And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Gen 4:18, And unto Enoch was born Irad: and Irad begat Mehujael: and Mehujael begat Methusael: and Methusael begat Lamech.

Gen 5:1 And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:

Gen 5:19, And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

Gen 5:21, And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:

Gen 5:22, And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

Gen 5:23, And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:

Gen 5:24, And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

Luke 3:37, Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,

Heb. 11:5, By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Jude 1:14, And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Thanks Hazard.

I had to go back and check again this one;

Gen 4:17, And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Gen 4:18, And unto Enoch was born Irad: and Irad begat Mehujael: and Mehujael begat Methusael: and Methusael begat Lamech.

I just want to mention in case anyone is confused like I was, ....I think this Cain that conceived Enoch is Abels brother.  It gets so confusing because the names of Cains children are similar to Seths lineage.

For starters, Jared begat the Enoch who was taken up, not Cain.  Cain called his son Enoch also, but a different Enoch.  I read this;

Cains children

Genesis 4:18   And unto Enoch was born Irad: and Irad begat Mehujael: and Mehujael begat Methusael: and Methusael begat Lamech.

Genesis 4:19   And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.

Genesis 4:20   And Adah bare Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and of such as have cattle.

Genesis 4:21   And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ.

Genesis 4:23   And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.

Genesis 4:24   If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold.

Genesis 4:25   And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

Genesis 4:26   And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

And here is the proof in the pudding, Lamech from Cain is not the Lamech (grandson) of Enoch.  Cain's Lamech, his great, great, great Grandson followed in his footsteps and murdered like he did. This lineage is cursed.  On the other hand, Seths lineage was perfect in their generations of which Noah came out of through Enoch.

Genesis 6:9   These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. 

So Lamech murdered even before Seth was born.

THIS IS SETHS LINEAGE (Noah)

Adam

Seth

Enos

Cainan

Mahalaleel

Jared

Enoch  

Lamech

Noah

I hope this makes more sense now Hazard, that the there's two Enochs.  One from Cain, and one from Seth, not to be confused for it is very tricky!

Blessings.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.47
  • Days Won:  0

On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 11:26 PM, HAZARD said:

Enoch is mention in many places in Scripture. I sure would like to be this popular with God to be mentioned so many times.

And Enoch walked with God and God took him, [translated], to Heaven. He was good bloke all right ! God loved him.

Gen 5:1 And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:

Gen 5:19, And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

Gen 5:21, And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:

Gen 5:22, And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

Gen 5:23, And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:

Gen 5:24, And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

Luke 3:37, Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,

Heb. 11:5, By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Jude 1:14, And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

One could say that Enoch was the first human raptured by God.  Why is the Book of Enoch important?  Well for one thing besides being quoted by Jesus, Jude and others, 1 Enoch specifically speaks about the end times.  So if one chooses to read 1 Enoch, it should be understood from that perspective.  I am currently studying 1 Enoch using the late J. R. Church's commentary to weed out any later additions to the books of Enoch.  However, one shouldn't study Enoch exclusively and neglect the 66 books of the Bible.  It is a supplement to end times theology meant to comfort us that know God's in charge.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/24/2016 at 7:40 PM, Sister said:

Hi Esther4:14

That was great!  Thank you for having a sincere look into it.

I did initially think of Abraham here, but when I thought about it more deeply, the prophecies directed the Jews of Jesus to come, and only he can be that "Plant", for he is the Word of God, the same Word that spoke to Abraham, and the same Word that was sent to give us the Light, prophesied long before he first arrived that he will come.

And then I remembered this scripture;

Isaiah 53:2   For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

Although Abraham was righteous because of faith, it's Jesus who does the judging in the end according to "The Word".  The Plant of Righteous Judgement, judges according to "The Word of God", and I can see that clearer now as being Jesus.  What do you think?

I'd have to work this out before I comment.  I might get a chance tonight.

Yes, I do think you are making a good point here.  The only problem that I had when I was considering the same was that it makes defining the week difficult and inconsistent with a pattern according to a calendar.  Therefore, I have difficulty concluding that this is describing the third week because I think establishing some sort of definition for the concept of a week is necessary in identifying who is being spoken of in this passage.  In scripture, we are more familiar with the definition of week pertaining to seven years.  Therefore, it is my suspicion that week defines a certain number of years, and that according to this account of the prophecy, we would be somewhere in the eighth week right now, which is still difficult to ascertain where exactly we would be in this week because we don't really have a definitive start day for the beginning of the first week.  Hypothetically, we could be as much as half way through the eighth week, I would imagine, which wouldn't be so far fetched I think.  There could easily be several hundred more years till He returns.  There is no way to know for sure, and I am at the point in my studies again, where I really feel like starting with a clean slate in regards to prophecy.  I like to think this means I am growing.  It is the positive way I try to look at realizing how very little I still know at this point that keeps me going. :)

I am excited to hear your thoughts.