• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

7 hours ago, Jayne said:

Research the Books of Enoch for yourself.  Every scholar dates them somewhere before the birth of Christ.

Here are more contradictions from 1 Enoch.  Don’t take my word for it.  Read it again for yourself.  You said you have and found no contradictions.  Does it really matter is anyone in the early days of the church believed it …. If the book is wrong?!?

• 1 Enoch 2:3 says that there were seasons and that it rained.  The Bible says it did NOT rain until the Flood and that seasons did not appear afterwards.  If the Enoch born just a few hundred years after creation wrote this – what he saw was NO rain.  Why then did he say it did rain?   Either he was lying or the Bible is lying.

Do you see now?

• 1 Enoch 9 has human beings praying to Michael, Gabriel, and three more angels to take their petitions to God.  Praying to angels and having angels as our mediator between us and God is unbiblical.

• 1 Enoch 10:1-2 says that the angel Uriel was sent to Noah to give him instructions about the Flood and the ark.  The Bible says that God spoke directly to Noah, himself.

• 1 Enoch 106 says that Enoch was on the earth when Noah was born and that Noah was very strange looking and Enoch’s son, Methuselah – Noah’s grandfather went to Enoch very worried about it and that Enoch told Methuselah about flood and that Noah and his sons would escape.  The Bible says Enoch was taken by God 69 years before Noah was born.

• 1 Enoch 32:3-6 has Enoch describing the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, which Adam and Eve ate from as the Tree of Wisdom.  He said that the angel Raphael was there and told him that this was the tree that Adam and Eve ate from and were banished from the Garden and knew they were naked.  “Enoch” says that people were still eating from the tree and gained much wisdom in the eating of it. The Bible says that what was gained from eating of that tree was that sin came into the world.  There was nothing inherently in the fruit that imparted any wisdom of any kind.

Either the Bible tells the truth about these things or the Book of Enoch does.

Hmmm....seeing these contradictions of Scripture in black and white really caught me up....since the Bible is inerrant, the Book of Enoch is obviously lies.  I've spend very little time reading it and I'm not understanding why this book and others are being brought on to this site quite regularly.  What is the plan behind reading books that are in direct contradiction of the Bible?

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

18 minutes ago, Sister said:

Can any one interpret?

The book of Enoch

Chapter 93

1, 2.  And after that Enoch both gave and began to recount from THE BOOKS.  And Enoch said:

Concerning the children of righteousness and concerning the ELECT OF THE WORLD,   And concerning the PLANT OF UPRIGHTNESS, I will speak these things,   Yeah, I Enoch will DECLARE (them) unto you, MY SONS.  According to that which appeared to me in the HEAVENLY VISION,  And which I have known through the word of the holy angels and have learnt from the heavenly tablets.

3.  And Enoch began to recount from THE BOOKS and said; 

I was born THE SEVENTH in the FIRST WEEK,

While judgement and righteousness still endured,

4.  And after me there shall arise in the SECOND WEEK, great wickedness,  And deceit shall have sprung up;  And IN IT there shall be the FIRST END,  And IN IT, a MAN shall be SAVED;  And AFTER it is ended UNRIGHTEOUSNESS shall grow up,  And a LAW shall be made for the SINNERS.

6.  And AFTER THAT in the FOURTH WEEK, at it’s close, VISIONS of the HOLY and RIGHTEOUS shall be seen,  And a LAW for all generations and an ENCLOSURE shall be made for THEM.

7.  And after that in the FIFTH WEEK, at its close, The HOUSE of GLORY and DOMINION shall be built FOR EVER.

8.  And AFTER THAT in the SIXTH WEEK all who live in it shall be BLINDED,  And the hearts of all of them shall godlessly FORSAKE WISDOM.  And in it a MAN shall ASCEND;  and at it’s CLOSE the HOUSE of DOMINION shall be burnt with fire,  And the WHOLE RACE of the CHOSEN ROOT shall be dispersed.

9.  And AFTER THAT in the SEVENTH WEEK shall an APOSTATE GENERATION arise,  And many shall be it’s deeds,  And all it’s deeds shall be APOSTATE.   10.  And at ITS CLOSE, shall be ELECTED.  The ELECT RIGHTEOUS of the ETERNAL PLANT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS,  To RECEIVE sevenfold INSTRUCTION concerning all HIS CREATION.

12.  And AFTER THAT there shall be another, the EIGHTH WEEK, that of righteousness,  And a SWORD shall be given to it that a RIGHTEOUS JUDGEMENT may be EXECUTED on the OPPRESSORS,  And SINNERS shall be DELIVERED into the HANDS of the RIGHTEOUS.   13.  And AT IT’S CLOSE they shall ACQUIRE HOUSES through their RIGHTEOUSNESS, And A HOUSE shall be built for THE GREAT KING in GLORY for EVER MORE.   14d.  And all MANKIND shall look to the path of UPRIGHTNESS.

14a.  And AFTER THAT, in the NINTH WEEK, the RIGHTEOUS JUDGEMENT shall be revealed to the WHOLE WORLD.   b.  And ALL the WORKS of the GODLESS shall VANISH from ALL THE EARTH.   c.  And the WORLD shall be WRITTEN DOWN for DESTRUCTION.

15.  And AFTER THIS, in the TENTH WEEK, in the SEVENTH PART,  There shall be the GREAT ETERNAL JUDGEMENT,  In which HE will EXECUTE VENGEANCE amongst THE ANGELS.  

16.  And the FIRST HEAVEN shall DEPART and PASS AWAY,  And a NEW HEAVEN shall APPEAR,  And all the powers of the heavens shall give SEVENFOLD LIGHT.

17.  And AFTER THAT, there will be MANY WEEKS WITHOUT NUMBER, for ever,  And all shall be in GOODNESS and RIGHTEOUSNESS,  And sin shall be no more mentioned for ever,

Why would any believer WANT to interpret this book or the Book of Jasher or any of the other extracanonical books??  They were not included in the Bible for a reason.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.13
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, other one said:

The only one I have time to look up was 106 and it says that Enoch was already living where the angels lived so it was at a time after he was taken away..   no real conflict....  I don't have time to get into others at language levels, but none of the others bother me enough to stop my life to get deeply inside it.....  and it isn't what this thread is about antway.

Jesus quoted Enoch - Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. (Matthew 5:5) The elect shall possess light, joy and peace, and they shall inherit the earth. (Enoch 5:7 {6:9})

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Hi Sister,

Just letting you know, you missed out the 3rd week .. 

Cheers

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  3,810
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, other one said:

The only one I have time to look up was 106 and it says that Enoch was already living where the angels lived so it was at a time after he was taken away..   no real conflict.... 

If Enoch had already been translated by God, then how did Methuselah find him at the "ends of the earth"?  How did Lamech know to tell Methuselah where Enoch was?  1 Enoch 106 says that Lamech told Methuselah where Enoch was. 

Hebrews says that Enoch could NOT be found because God took him.

Hebrews 11:5 - "By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death, and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was commended as having pleased God."

I am not trying to make anyone feel bad for believing this book to be truth.  I just want to shed light on how it and the Bible cannot be reconciled.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

12 minutes ago, Serving said:

Hi Sister,

Just letting you know, you missed out the 3rd week .. 

Cheers

Hi Serving, thanks, I didn't realise.  I just amended the post, the THIRD WEEK is in there now.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

Why would any believer WANT to interpret this book or the Book of Jasher or any of the other extracanonical books??  They were not included in the Bible for a reason.

I am sure that those with knowledge can interpret this to the exact T.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Hmmm....seeing these contradictions of Scripture in black and white really caught me up....since the Bible is inerrant, the Book of Enoch is obviously lies.  I've spend very little time reading it and I'm not understanding why this book and others are being brought on to this site quite regularly.  What is the plan behind reading books that are in direct contradiction of the Bible?

you should read the book for yourself for what is written about 106 is not really what I read out of the copy of the book I use....  I can't speak for the other  instances now. but if this one is the example I would disagree with what was posted about the book.

edited to add that I looked into the 1Enoch 9 and what is said is also not valid in it's description of the book.

Take this condemnation of the Book if you wish, but I don't think it is valid.

Edited by other one

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.13
  • Days Won:  0

The Book of Enoch was considered as scripture in the Epistle of Barnabas (16:4)[24] and by many of the early Church Fathers, such as Athenagoras,[25] Clement of Alexandria,[26] Irenaeus[27] and Tertullian,[28] who wrote c. 200 that the Book of Enoch had been rejected by the Jews because it contained prophecies pertaining to Christ.[29] However, later Fathers denied the canonicity of the book, and some even considered the Epistle of Jude uncanonical because it refers to an "apocryphal" work.[30]  [from Wikipedia]

So should the Epistle of Jude be thrown out too?

It is believed the original Book of Enoch was written in the language known as Ge'ez, and later translated into Greek and Aramaic or Hebrew.  Much like our Bible translations, the Book of Enoch has several variations depending on your source material.  The only intact complete book is written in Ge'ez [a traditional Ethiopian belief].

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Saved by Grace.....

Yes,as it is believed by the traditional Ethiopians,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,other scholars have many claims,Aramaic,Hebrew,,,,,,,,wouldn't it be cool to get our hands on some of those texts?     You are correct though

It is a very interesting Thread,isn't it?                             With love-in Christ,Kwik