IGNORED

Why would we have to call the pastor to pray for our business for a second time?

Simon Peter

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello,

We have a business. We have prayed with friends and a pastor inclusive. Is it in order to always call him to pray for the business so it booms?

Am not convinced by that notion. I believe Christ's hand is not too short to touch it. Am happy to get some biblical references on this as well. Is it mocking God for me to believe like this?

Edited by Simon Peter

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

~

Beloved

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. John 14:13

A Thought

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. Matthew 6:6-7

Or Two

Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.  James 4:3

And As For Those Pastors Who Point You To Themselves Rather Than To Jesus

And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.  2 Peter 2:3

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.
Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you Joe. 

I have also come across Matthew 6: 31 - 34. It has good news for me.

Simon.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Simon Peter said:

Hello,

We have a business. We have prayed with friends and a pastor inclusive. Is it in order to always call him to pray for the business so it booms?

Am not convinced by that notion. I believe Christ's hand is not too short to touch it. Am happy to get some biblical references on this as well. Is it mocking God for me to believe like this?

How very exciting to hear of a business starting based on Christian principles.  What a wonderful thing to hear that you and your friends and pastor are driven to pray together for the success of your business.  

Personally, I don't think that it is necessary to require corporate prayer gatherings because the business hasn't taken off yet.  However, corporate prayer can be an encouragement, and encouragement can promote faith, and faith can move mountains and prosper business (Matthew 17:20).  So, in that respect, if the parties are willing to continue in corporate prayer, I would definitely try to take advantage of that sort of encouragement for all parties involved.  

However, the most important thing to remember is that corporate prayer is not going to camouflage disobedience.  Therefore, the most important thing to remember in prospering your business is going to be to continue doing the most basic principles of our faith in obedience to Christ, like loving one another, and repenting regularly in order to become "living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship," (Romans 12:1).  This will create the most solid foundation for your business to prosper.  

"But Samuel replied: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams," (1 Samuel 15:22).  

:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I own a business. It is thriving. It has doubled in size at regular intervals.  There has been no corporate prayer over my business nor have I asked anyone to pray for it.  What I have done is throw myself into ministry work and not cared about the business.  My prayers for my business have been God please help me to do right by those I serve.  I am a firm believer that if I am busy building his house then he will build mine for I cannot out do God.  I am also careful not to be presumptuous for God said through James that I always need to say Lord willing we will when it comes to business.  Peace.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

44 minutes ago, gdemoss said:

I own a business. It is thriving. It has doubled in size at regular intervals.  There has been no corporate prayer over my business nor have I asked anyone to pray for it.  What I have done is throw myself into ministry work and not cared about the business.  My prayers for my business have been God please help me to do right by those I serve.  I am a firm believer that if I am busy building his house then he will build mine for I cannot out do God.  I am also careful not to be presumptuous for God said through James that I always need to say Lord willing we will when it comes to business.  Peace.

:thumbsup:

Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. Psalms 127:1

Guest Thallasa
On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 11:52 AM, FresnoJoe said:

Welcome~!

~

Beloved

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. John 14:13

A Thought

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. Matthew 6:6-7

Or Two

Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.  James 4:3

And As For Those Pastors Who Point You To Themselves Rather Than To Jesus

And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.  2 Peter 2:3

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.
Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

:halo: THANKYOU for these .

Guest Thallasa
9 hours ago, gdemoss said:

AMEN

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

On 21/04/2016 at 2:11 AM, Simon Peter said:

If you, your friends, your family, and your pastor have prayed over your business once, then that is enough for God and Christ (who rebuked vain repetitions).  

Once you have prayed over your business, (1) commit it to the Lord, (2) apply godly principles in all your dealings, (3) honor the Lord with the firstfruits of your profits, and (4) trust in Him to prosper you. At the same time,  (5) expect all kinds of attacks from the Enemy (which God will allow to strengthen your faith).  

Smooth sailing is generally not the lot of those who live godly in Christ Jesus.  But you can make your business into a testimony for God's grace and truth.  Don't allow setbacks to discourage you if you know that this is God's will for your life. Study the book of Proverbs.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Prayers for your business. You can pray if you want you can ask your pastor but it really isnt necessary.