IGNORED

Why would we have to call the pastor to pray for our business for a second time?

Simon Peter

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:11 AM, Simon Peter said:

Hello,

We have a business. We have prayed with friends and a pastor inclusive. Is it in order to always call him to pray for the business so it booms?

Am not convinced by that notion. I believe Christ's hand is not too short to touch it. Am happy to get some biblical references on this as well. Is it mocking God for me to believe like this?

I hope I don't sound like the bad guy here........I think the prayer should hopefully be that God blesses you with a business that allows you to honor His name. And what I mean by honor His name, that through your business Christ in you can be a testimony to others. Money and wealth are tools, but can lead to idolatry. I'm not saying that is going to happen to everyone who has a thriving business. I'm just pointing out that the temptation is always there to worship the work of ones hands. Pray that God keeps you strong, your paths straight in righteousness. If your heart is right, God could bless you and many others through this business if it's His will.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Simon Peter,,,,,,

And welcome to Worthy(a bit late but we never really met),,,,,it is my pleasure to meet you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think you already received the confirmation you were seeking & I agree as well

However,not in the way of "vain repetitions",of course but it is ALWAYS good to pray ,more so I believe it is a great thing to "Praise" & give Thanks corporately for the wonderful things God has done,is doing & will continue to do for you (& your business).......I think continually asking for the same thing over & over sounds like not trusting that God has His Blessing (Hand) over the business,if you know what I mean

I had a business years ago(for many many years),I started the business with "a Wing & a Prayer" ,so to speak..........I had zero capitol & just enough to get going ,& when I say "zero" capitol & do mean zero,not even anything towards the upcoming months rent!!!!!!Before I started I had the Lords Blessing & Approval ,,,,,,that is all we ever need,in 6 months I bought out a similar business double the size of mine because I had outgrown the place & needed more room & more employees but certainly not more Faith & Trust,,,,,,,,,,,,,Our Provider is all we need,my employees & I thanked Him,Praised,Worshipped & Glorified Him each & every morning,,,,,,,never in the red,never a deficit,,,,,,,,,,,,Just give God the Glory & be a Blessing to every one you do business with,,,,,,,,,,that is the main objective,you cannot fail when God is before you!!!!!

King James Bible
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?        Romans 8:31

With love-in Christ<kwik