• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

from Politico:

"Transgender people should be able to use whatever bathroom they want, Donald Trump said Thursday...

"'There have been very few complaints the way it is. People go. They use the bathroom that they feel is appropriate,' Trump said. 'There has been so little trouble. And the problem with what happened in North Carolina is the strife and the economic -- I mean, the economic punishment that they're taking.'

"Matt Lauer then asked whether Trump has any transgender people working for his company.

"'I really don't know. I probably do. I really don't know,' Trump said, answering that he would allow, say, transgender celebrity Caitlyn Jenner to use whatever bathroom she wanted at Trump Tower...."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/04/trump-transgender-bathrooms-222257

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

See, it is statements like this that make me think Trump does not consider himself a serious candidate.  Saying something like this is basically enough to throw in the towel for the majority of the conservative vote.  Unless, this is a strategy to get the democratic vote.....?  Which is really weird this close to the election.  In my opinion, he just threw in the towel.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

2 hours ago, Esther4:14 said:

See, it is statements like this that make me think Trump does not consider himself a serious candidate....

Trump takes both himself and his candidacy seriously, but conservative values aren't shared by Progressive New York liberals who register as Republicans.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

He takes it seriously only because this is another game for him; he only wants to win so he can cross that off his list of "accomplishments." There's no genuine concern for anything but himself. 

Then again, isn't that the case with almost every politician we have? 

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

9 minutes ago, Shayha said:

He takes it seriously only because this is another game for him; he only wants to win so he can cross that off his list of "accomplishments." There's no genuine concern for anything but himself. 

Then again, isn't that the case with almost every politician we have? 

Making such personal assessments about someone you DON'T KNOW is pretty arrogant.  None of us is qualified to judge the heart of another.  That is God's prerogative. 

6 hours ago, Butero said:

I live in North Carolina, and I stand with the lawmakers for protecting the citizens of this state against people using the bathroom of the opposite sex.  We should accept the temporary loss of income because of a few left-wing entertainers and business owners and stand up to the homosexual and trans-gender lobby.  Men and women should expect that they can use the bathroom without those of the opposite sex sharing the rest room with them.  The people in this country are going insane.  I do not agree with Donald Trump. 

Well, surprisingly, I don't agree with him either.  Not on this issue..

8 hours ago, Esther4:14 said:

See, it is statements like this that make me think Trump does not consider himself a serious candidate.  Saying something like this is basically enough to throw in the towel for the majority of the conservative vote.  Unless, this is a strategy to get the democratic vote.....?  Which is really weird this close to the election.  In my opinion, he just threw in the towel.  

That assessment has been made time after time about Mr. Trump.  He is not the average candidate and I understand his logic here.  He is running as a 'common sense Conservative', something we've never seen before.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

Well, surprisingly, I don't agree with him either.  Not on this issue..

I don't either, but what is the office of the president going to do to affect things either way other than suggesting people to put on the supreme court.....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

Trump takes both himself and his candidacy seriously, but conservative values aren't shared by Progressive New York liberals who register as Republicans.

:)

10 minutes ago, other one said:

I don't either, but what is the office of the president going to do to affect things either way other than suggesting people to put on the supreme court.....

That's a good point, OO; the President doesn't make state laws, indeed ANY laws.  This bathroom debate rightfully belongs at the state and local level.  It was defeated here in Houston, and defeated resoundingly even with a gay mayor at the time.  It should be put to a vote of the people in each state.